PDA

View Full Version : DaBoss/Neal Moving on?

Neal
April 5th, 2013, 17:29
It has been my goal ever since I purchased this board to turn it around from a Bitch Board to a place where people can have fun, have conversations and get good information. I feel I have done most of that although some may disagree. No one is perfect and not everyone will see it the same way. I and others feel I have succeeded.

As most of you know the stroke last year has taken a toll on me, my memory and my fingers from hitting all the right keys on many of these posts. I find it difficult sometimes even to spell words I have known all my life and sometimes too often get lost as to what I was trying to say when having conversations.

I would like to take a moment and thank all the doctors and nurses at Bangkok - Pattaya Hospital who turned most of the stroke around and their continued efforts so that I was able write this letter to you. I have tried hard to do my best although sometimes what I think may have been wrong, I am only human. That's life, eh?

My plans are to rest and relax as coming home every other day from dialysis keeps me ill for about 10 hours. One day rest and it starts all over and I wish this illness on no one. Being sick and trying to make my way to the board to moderate has taken its toll on my health.

My plans are to stay in Pattaya for awhile until the Bangkok - Siem Reap Hospital installs their dialysis equipment which the hospital says is almost complete. I want to then move with my Cambodian lover and his sister who has been my part time caregiver, part time maid to the countryside. Who knows, many things can happen between now and then.

Talks have been going on for about a month with a very long time member who appears to be a very serious buyer. Ideas and negotiations have kept moving forward and the takeover seems imminent and soon. I am sure his plans are to move forward, bring new life and ideas to what will be his board. Maybe I will be able to stay on as a poster.

Well I think it is time to let you all in on what has been happening behind the scenes, to prepare to say goodbye to all the members, those that have supported what I've done, those that disagreed, and to those who loved to give me aggeda. I send my best to you all.

I will continue to keep you informed and advertisers please don't worry as your ads will continue til they expire and then advertising is solely at his discretion.

The new owner says that he will write a post on his agenda after the takeover.

Take care my friends and and wish you all peace and happiness now and forever.

:love7: :hello2:

joe552
April 5th, 2013, 18:32
It certainly won't be the same without you Neal. Enjoy your new life in the country. Drop in occasionally to let us know how you are getting along. :hello2:

Khor tose
April 5th, 2013, 19:12
Take care my friends and and wish you all peace and happiness now and forever.

:love7: :hello2:

I wish the same for you that you wish for us. (see above quote)

I hope your move, allows you to rest and relax, and this combination hopefully will speed your recovery. I am looking forward to seeing you continuing to post on this board., so don't be a stranger.

timmberty
April 5th, 2013, 20:02
i shall be sorry to see you go neal, dispite one or two hipcups ive very much enjoyed our interaction on the board.
even the barneys have been fun !!
only thing i would say to you is, dont slide down that slippery slope that affects so many people when they have nothing to do.
i know the board gives you far more hassle than you need, but it also keeps you alert and gives you something to do.
a life without a challenge can be pretty boring, so keep busy and keep safe.

frequentflier
April 5th, 2013, 22:44
Best Wishes.

rifraf
April 6th, 2013, 00:08
When I read your letter I felt both sadness and joy at the same time. Sadness, as it feels like an old friend is moving on. Joy because you are finally going to get the rest, relaxation and care you obviously need. I too hope we hear from you every now and then. Thank you for your efforts with the Board and for the fun times I had at Happy Place Bar under your management. I wish you and your boyfriend all the best as you start this new chapter in your lives together.

catawampuscat
April 6th, 2013, 00:31
Looking forward to Siem Reap branch of Happy Place Boys

SmoothLegs
April 6th, 2013, 01:35
It has been my goal ever since I purchased this board to turn it around from a Bitch Board to a place where people can have fun, have conversations and get good information. I feel I have done most of that although some may disagree. No one is perfect and not everyone will see it the same way. I and others feel I have succeeded.

Sweat Neal, I just came home and I am not sober, remember the PM between us?
All I did read was the above, and after that I started to write this, so I never finished to read the whole post.

Well you always said I was weird.

I hope so, I do and am.

Sweat GOOD NEAL, you have NOTHING to be embarrassed about .

Neal is a very good man whom choose to be in public face, good idea or bad, those not matter.

99% of all posters here are, who the F?CK are they, Nobody knows.
Neal does NOT know who I am, I have NEVER seen Neal, seen many FAT farangs, same as me,
BUT no I do not know what Neal looks like.

Neal is very sure NOT perfect, ARE YOU ??
JESUS said, let you whom is without sin, throw the first stone ...

Yes, Neal Neal I am still drunk
and am thinking why I am writing this, because I lost the QQQ probably after the first sentence.

Let me CLOSE as the way I am.

FUCK the CRAP and the ...... (= 6 dots, so means crappy) people.

:withstupid:
Neal, you might be the ONLY one whom understands what I am saying.

Please, stay honest and direct.

April 6th, 2013, 01:57
This was my PM to Neal. No reason not to share it:
-----------------------

Neal,

You're doing the only sane thing that could be done at this point.

God Bless you. Shalom.

giggsy
April 6th, 2013, 02:22
It has been my goal ever since I purchased this board Blah Blah Blah

Talks have been going on for about a month with a very long time member who appears to be a very serious buyer. Ideas and negotiations have kept moving forward and the takeover seems imminent and soon. I am sure his plans are to move forward, bring new life and ideas to what will be his board. Maybe I will be able to stay on as a poster.
The new owner says that he will write a post on his agenda after the takeover:
So come on MATT, Tell us your agenda.

SmoothLegs
April 6th, 2013, 02:30
In honour of NEAL :occasion6: :
:party

Impulse
April 6th, 2013, 03:19
You did a great job on the boards Neil. Will miss you. As tough as things are....you have that wonderful Cambodian guy by your side. Can't ask for much more than that. Good luck.

Rocket

Surfcrest
April 6th, 2013, 03:50
I had the great pleasure to have met Neal this year down at the beach this past February and I can confirm he is a peice of shit. =))

Surfcrest

Neal
April 6th, 2013, 04:19
Surfcrest,

We have no differences. That was long long ago and I would rather not dwell on the past but on the future. If you remember we had a very pleasant time and conversation and never once did I touch on the past. When you first approached me I had no ide what to expect but I did so because in talking to you and meeting you, well you are just such a different person than I expected. I am happy that we had our time together.

Be well my friend, and I want to say thank you to those people that have come forward and wished me good luck in my future. It makes me feel warm and that I did make a difference to my work, my world, my friends, my legacy. Hope to meet you again someday.

Neal

April 6th, 2013, 04:39
It has been my goal ever since I purchased this board to turn it around from a Bitch Board to a place where people can have fun, have conversations and get good information. I feel I have done most of that although some may disagree. No one is perfect and not everyone will see it the same way. I and others feel I have succeededWhile allowing a thread about some poor bastard whom you happen personally to loathe who may have cancer to run for six pages? Come down off your cross, Easter was last week.

Neal
April 6th, 2013, 04:49
It is so difficult to keep your personal feelings from interfering with being a board owner. Take care kommentariat and I hope one day you will have a board of your own and see how difficult it is.

PS Happy belated Easter.

April 6th, 2013, 06:17
It is so difficult to keep your personal feelings from interfering with being a board owner. Take care kommentariat and I hope one day you will have a board of your own and see how difficult it is.I do have a Board of my own and made the decision from the first day that I could either moderate or participate but not do both.

donald1
April 6th, 2013, 06:43
Neal,
I want to Thank You for all your personal help you have given to me along the
way; especially for my upcoming relocation to Thailand next month. If you have
a minute please let me know when you are departing. I will arrive in Pattaya
May 3'rd and hopefully if you are still around we need to rendezvous as we kept
missing each other the last 3 times I was there.
Sounds like you and I are turning the page on the next chapter of our lives about
the same time.

anonone
April 6th, 2013, 07:01
Neal.
Nothing but best wishes for you. I echo the many sentiments that you find some rest and relaxation. I will miss our visits at the beach during my trips, but perhaps BF and I will make a trek to Siem Reap to say hello. If you can find some time to post now and again to let us know how things are going, that would be great.

Peace my friend.

Anonone

psd1315
April 6th, 2013, 09:22
Hello Neal and many thanks for making the Board worthy again. Love your straight forward approach in running the show, wishing you the best.

Thanks, David :blob7:

Oliver
April 6th, 2013, 16:41
Good luck; I wish you a long and happy retirement. Thanks for what you've done for this board. I remember warning you outside your bar before you took over about the problems with this board .... you changed all that.

I hope I shall occasionally bump into you at breakfast ....and I shall remember you as I observe the life of Boyztown. The truth is that it will much duller without you!

By the way, I must tell you that my boyfriend told me long ago that, although he'd never met you, he knew that all the guys in Boyztown loved you. He appreciates generosity, kindness and respect for Thai culture.

Take care.

Janus
April 6th, 2013, 18:25
Hello Neal

Thank you for fighting for this board and making it to a forum I must visit every day. I love to be informed, updated and entertained and I try contribute when ever I feel I have some informations that can be usefull to others.

You have my deepest respect for the fights you put up and for not to choose the easy ways. I wish you all the best for your furture and what ever you put your mind into. You have been an inspiration for me.

Thank you. :old:

travelerjim
April 6th, 2013, 20:25
Thank you Neal!

I appreciate greatly all the time and efforts you have devoted in providing the Sawatdee Forum
for me and others to read, share in and enjoy the musings in and about Thailand.

I truly hope you will now be able to truly "Get Out & Smell the Roses While You Can"...which is
my own philosophy....Enjoy your days on the beach and in Cambodia with your special friend.

Indeed you have earned good, long and happy times together...away from the board...
in Pattaya or Cambodia...wherever your heart takes you...
but please do drop in to the forum from time to time and give us some more of the "daBoss"wisdom.

Take good care Neal...God speed.

tj

Neal
April 6th, 2013, 20:57
I am so forgetful! I just realized I have not said thank you to two very important people.

The first being Butterflyforever

Butterfly? I want you to know how very helpful you have been all this time and I am sure these members give you credit for your tireless work moderating and most importantly watching and supervising the SGT board. These thanks from everyone pertain to what you to have accomplished!
:love4:

The second being Nicky's Gay Pattaya
Nicky? Without your daily work and contributions of Nicky's Today and Two Week Posters, many of our members would have been stuck without current specials and details of parties today and parties for the upcoming two weeks. Again like Butterfly, you really helped push SGT into the number one forum above the rest.

Thank you both and I do hope to see you before long.
:love4:

travelerjim
April 6th, 2013, 21:30
Neal...

Soon you will be free from the Sawatdee Forum...but...
Don't be late...the boys are all waiting for your arrival at the pool party :party

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/travelerjim/swim.jpg

tj

Alex303
April 6th, 2013, 22:20
Neal,
Just a quick post to say sorry to hear you're moving on and my very best wishes to you & your BF for the future.

Also a thank you for the advice you gave me last week, it was very sound and probably helped patch things up between the BF & I, I stuck by mama's wishes and she most definitely approves of me now. tbh Probably helped coming up to Udon and getting away from Pattaya for a bit also.

All the best to you Neal
kind regards
Alex

Neal
April 6th, 2013, 22:30
Travellerjim! What are you trying to do? Kill me! Being in the middle of that or even going to see these boys would surely send me to my maker. :3some:

kjun12
April 7th, 2013, 08:43
It has been my goal ever since I purchased this board to turn it around from a Bitch Board to a place where people can have fun, have conversations and get good information. I feel I have done most of that although some may disagree. No one is perfect and not everyone will see it the same way. I and others feel I have succeededWhile allowing a thread about some poor bastard whom you happen personally to loathe who may have cancer to run for six pages? Come down off your cross, Easter was last week.
Am I the only one who does not understand this posting?

francois
April 7th, 2013, 08:59
kuhn12, No you are not the only one!

Neal
April 7th, 2013, 09:07
I really did not want to post this but guess I will have to as I don't want to reply to anyone else that says they did not understand.

He appeared to say is that I allowed the LMTU cancer thread to run for 6 pages. That one of my posts I have a twinge of sorrow for the man and made a heart felt post. That he thought I sounded like JC and to get off the cross.

See most of those who got kicked off, deleted, banned, suspended will probably get a welcome back and so be it. At that time they will make thier nasty posts about how they are happy that I am gone etc. The new owner will have to deal with thier behavior until he realizes that most were banned for a reason. As someone told me, it takes a real man to talk about me after I leave. :sign5:

witchhunt
April 7th, 2013, 11:02

You have your own board and come on here to be critical. Please give us the url for your board as I would love to read something different, that reflects your strong virtues.

April 7th, 2013, 11:43
You are correct - bleating about what a good job you've done saving the Board while having such a hard time of it panders to your Messiah/Saviour-on-the-cross complex and at the same time highlights your hypocrisy by starting and allowing the LMTU cancer thread to run and run and run. I'm not sure why everyone's sucking up to you now you're going; they should save it for the new owner.

timmberty
April 7th, 2013, 15:31
komm whilst replying to everything neal posts, you are doing the same as you accuse others of doing, its just that you are doing it in the negative .. just above your post there is a post from witchunt that you have chosen to totally ignor ... this from a man/woman who has taken the high ground on almost every post he/she has felt the need to reply to ...
does ignorance fit into your make up so well ??
you also seem rather jealous that some people like neal, some do some dont .. thats the way of life ..
so far we have found out you are ignorant and suffer from jealousy, anything else you would like to pass on to us ?

SmoothLegs
April 7th, 2013, 16:47
+1 Timm

stevehadders
April 7th, 2013, 17:27
Thank you Neal for giving us a great board....I keep updated a couple of times every week, although not logging in unless I post...and this board for me is a great source of information in between my visits to LOS, and saved me going between boards to get all the information, as I did in the past.
This board has been a success because of the way it has been lead and moderated...so thanks.
I will really miss reading your posts, but very happy your are making time for yourself,,,and wish you every happiness and of course plenty of fun in your new life. Take care, and hope it's au revoir not goodbye

ChelseaNY
April 7th, 2013, 18:07
Thanks and best wishes. Siem Rep is a nice place . . . . a spiritual place.
Take care.

ikarus
April 7th, 2013, 21:56
Good luck!

April 8th, 2013, 03:35
It has been my goal ever since I purchased this board to turn it around from a Bitch Board to a place where people can have fun, have conversations and get good information. I feel I have done most of that although some may disagree. No one is perfect and not everyone will see it the same way. I and others feel I have succeededWhile allowing a thread about some poor bastard whom you happen personally to loathe who may have cancer to run for six pages? Come down off your cross, Easter was last week.You have your own board and come on here to be critical. Please give us the url for your board as I would love to read something different, that reflects your strong virtues.Oh please do enlighten me witch hunt - how could giving you the URL of a Board that I moderate but don't contribute to possibly tell you anything about myself? You won't find a trace of me there except in the negative - moderated posts - and since you can't know what was originally posted but only what remains (and in most cases don't even know that a post was even there) I'm at a loss to know what information about my opinions you could hope to find? Looking forward to your explanation :party

peeseua
April 8th, 2013, 08:21
Best of luck, Neal.

I know you've tried your best to cut down the carping and prevent this board from going back to being a bitched board (I've been reading the old posts) and I truly hope that you'll enjoy a well-earned rest.

Don't forget to drop by just to keep in touch with us here.

Neal
April 8th, 2013, 10:39
And thaidyed was on Bitch Board under the name piss.elegant .

Oh and kommentariat, if th new owner wishes to put up with the bashing up to him but for now banned. :evil4:

April 8th, 2013, 11:09
Thanks for that, Neal. K has been consistently, gratuitously, unpleasant to one and all.

Neal
April 8th, 2013, 11:16
So has Manforallseasons and if he would like he can be next. :idea1:

April 8th, 2013, 17:58
Dunno why you bother banning people they can just register with a new Hotmail address and their back five minutes later I though moderating was about censoring the bits of peoples posts you done like whch I would of thought is much more effective.

Neal
April 8th, 2013, 18:58
Again not part of the topic BUT you are completely correct. A banned member will almost always come back under a hydra so there is little reason to try and ban someone.

Well as it is not the topic let's get back to the toic please.

travelerjim
April 9th, 2013, 01:02
Neal...

Please remember when dealing with people...anywhere, everywhere...
face to face or via the internet Al Gore invented...
there are some things you can do, some things you cannot...regardless.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/travelerjim/crap.jpg

Move on Neal...Enjoy your retirement...Take good care of yourself and your loved one...
You did your best at Sawatde Forum, I am appreciative of your efforts.
Thank you!

tj

christianpfc
April 9th, 2013, 18:22
I wish you a speedy recovery and good luck and many more happy years with your boyfriend.

bing
April 10th, 2013, 02:30
Hi Neal,
I know you from the first boy bingo, and I am still smarting that I did not win a boy that night. Thanks for running the Sawatdee Board, and now I wish you "Fair Seas and Following winds".

adman5000
April 10th, 2013, 09:35
Neal, I wish you stable health and happiness. I hope you enjoy the change of scenery and that it is full of positive experiences for you. The Cambodian people are lovely people and with your big heart, I'm sure you will enjoy yourself.

Thank you for your efforts on the board. It is a thankless job. I hope you leave it in the past and concentrate on your health, happiness, and good food of course.

best regards, Adman :party

PS-although I have never identified myself to you, we've chatted several times during my visits over the years. :glasses7:

davidsobe
April 10th, 2013, 10:06
Neal, we all think you did a great job running the Sawatdee Gay Thailand forum, I hope your successor can do the same job. How long have you been visiting Pattaya, and when did you move to Pattaya full time????? I remember you well when you ran a superb club in BoyzTown, which I loved to visit. You really took care of the employees and thoughtfully considered what your clients really wanted -- unlike most gay venues in Pattaya.

Neal
April 10th, 2013, 10:14
Please remember that it still could be 6 monhs to a year before I can move because there are no dialysis machines. Who knws? I may just wind up having to stay here and keep company in Sunee with the nights of the round table. :evil4:

David, I have visted Pattaya since 2001 and lived here full time for two 1/2 years.

Thank you

SmoothLegs
April 11th, 2013, 03:44
having to stay here and keep company in Sunee :pukeleft:

what is wrong with BoysTown/Pattayaland where your ex-AGOGO bar is? :nud:

Would it be much more simple to stay there, with the guy you gave it all to? :3some:
He should be thankfull and take care of you, well that is how my book works/reads.

yorkboy691
April 12th, 2013, 12:00
Neal, thanks for everything you have done.

I wish you all the best in whatever you do next.

:party

bruce_nyc
April 16th, 2013, 08:10
I'm just now seeing this....

Neal, you are a good friend.

I'm flying to Thailand in about 12 hours from now.... My flight leaves New York at 11:20am tomorrow.

I'll be there bouncing around for about 8 weeks this time... between my 2 bf's there, and my 2 bf's from New York ( which will be there with us for about 3 weeks of the time )... We will be in Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Bangkok, Laos, and Phi Phi.... for about a week at a time each... But mostly at the Ambiance in Pattaya, I think.

I hope to connect with you and your dear bf..... somewhere somehow...... very soon.

I have a little present for your bf...... and I think you will very much approve.

Hugs, and I will see you soon.

Love,

Bruce and Family

guyforguy
April 17th, 2013, 06:30
Thank you for all of your hard work, you did a great job and I wish you all the best in your move to Cambodia.

G