PDA

View Full Version : ABC News - Two 'Dangerous' Inmates Escaped From Texas Jail

Neal
April 3rd, 2013, 05:41
8 minutes ago

Texas authorities are using helicopters and dogs to search for two "dangerous" Texas inmates who escaped from jail this morning by squeezing through a gate, leaving behind their black and white prison suits on the railroad tracks behind the jail.

Authorities believe Brian Tucker, 44, and John King, 39, escaped from Hopkins County Jail in Sulphur Springs, Texas, at around 8:30 a.m. today. The jail has approximately 80 inmates who are held there while they await trial.

"Both are considered dangerous," Deputy Alvin Jordan of the Hopkins County Sheriff's Office told ABCNews.com.

Area schools are on lockdown and businesses are on high alert, according to police.

Tucker was awaiting trial in jail for capital murder charges and King had been indicted for evading arrest.

"They were put out on rec yard to have outside rec and undoubtedly squeezed through the gate and took off," Jordan said. "We did find their black and whites about 100 yards behind the facility."

The recreation yard is an open space with a high fence and Hopkins County Sheriff Butch Adams said someone was supposed to be watching the inmates.

Tucker and King were both segregated from other inmates because of the types of crimes they have committed, according to Jordan.

Search dogs tracked their scents northeast, Adams said at a news conference.

"Right now, we don't know if they split up or if they're still together," Adams said. "We found their uniforms when they discarded them on the road behind us and the dogs tracking them and we found footprints."

It is unknown what the men are wearing or whether they may have used some kind of transportation after leaving the jail yard, Jordan said.

Asked if there is any reason to believe they could be armed, Jordan said, "At this point, unless they picked up anything from here to where they're at, the weapons part is unknown."

Their only known connection at this time is that they were inmates at the same time in the same jail with no known previous ties.

"We've still got a perimeter up and hopefully we'll find the," Adams told ABC News. "I've got a lot of good people and volunteers that have come in from other counties."

Authorities are warning people to be careful and call 911 if they see the men.

"If they're spotted, make sure they lock their doors, call 911 and tell us what area they're in," Jordan said. "Don't try to let them approach you."

Tucker is 5-foot-7-inches and about 170 pounds. He has brown eyes, brown hair and multiple tattoos. King is 5-foot-8-inches and 165 pounds. He has black hair, hazel eyes and multiple tattoos.

April 3rd, 2013, 09:37
Are they headed for Thailand do you think? The one on the right with his tattoos looks as though he would fit right into the Pattaya scene.

April 3rd, 2013, 17:51
My god why do people squander their lives? I am not religious ,and believe we do not get a second chance at it (life) it is so difficult to even survive in some 3rd world countries, but to be born in a developed western country,where the opportunities are there,is in human lottery terms hitting the jackpot!
We are a strange species!

Yes I know about the social problems,lack of / refusal of education ,housing issues, job opportunities etc etc. . I am not unsympathetic to the disadvantaged, but a life of crime is not the answer,it's throwing away ones life.

April 3rd, 2013, 17:53
Neal, is that you on the left? Can't see the braces. :happy7:

Beachlover
April 3rd, 2013, 20:08
it is so difficult to even survive in some 3rd world countries, but to be born in a developed western country,where the opportunities are there,is in human lottery terms hitting the jackpot!
Having seen how hard immigrants work and the risks they take to get themselves established in a new country... I have to agree with this.

My ex was poor, even by Thai standards but now owns several successful businesses. He really looks down on beggars and homeless men around Sydney. He just can't understand them at all, especially when they are young. He says, they have two hands, two feet, how can they not be able to support themselves in this country?

He can't understand why anyone would let themselves slide to the level of being homeless or resorting to crime.

Neal
April 3rd, 2013, 22:05
Are the two kinda above on topic?

April 9th, 2013, 15:40
He can't understand why anyone would let themselves slide to the level of being homeless or resorting to crime.Many of the "homeless" in Australias streets would previously have been locked away because they are mentally ill the others have some foirm of addiction for which they need treatment however Im not surprised a friend of Beachlover wopuld look down on such people.

lonelywombat
April 13th, 2013, 13:02
]Many of the "homeless" in Australias streets would previously have been locked away because they are mentally ill the others have some foirm of addiction for which they need treatment however Im not surprised a friend of Beachlover wopuld look down on such people.

Nowadays many of those are able to swindle the system to get mentally disturbed pensions ,and use the money to travel

April 13th, 2013, 15:17
Nowadays many of those are able to swindle the system to get mentally disturbed pensions ,and use the money to travelCan you give us all the Web link to the page that shows us what this "mentally disturbed pension" is and what the travel rules are???

lonelywombat
April 13th, 2013, 20:15
It has been published on sawatdee before and a number of copies are saved.

Why should we teach you what you already know?

April 14th, 2013, 04:37
It has been published on sawatdee before and a number of copies are saved.

Why should we teach you what you already know?I searched for "mental health pension and it didnt find anything maybe you can supply the Sawatdee link??? Or may be you cant!! And if I already know I wouldnt of been asking.

Sooty
April 14th, 2013, 09:02
It has been published on sawatdee before and a number of copies are saved. Why should we teach you what you already know?On reading your response to BrisbaneGuy I thought immediately of this paragraph from one of my favourite blogs about gay Thailand (bangkokbois.wordpress.com)
If their first visit wasnтАЩt a spur of the moment decision while already in Bangkok, the newbie probably tried to find out the scoop through the internet. Which means they found one of the gay Thailand forums. What a scary introduction that must be! If they man up and post their questions . . . yikes! Doubtful theyтАЩll get the answers they were looking for. But before the thread goes totally off the track (thatтАЩd be by responding post #5) theyтАЩll be accused of being someone they never heard of; someone else will abusively tell them to use the search function; some old disgruntled Pattaya expat will tell them they will be ripped off, left with blue balls, and spat upon; and one of the bar owners in Pattaya will use their post as an excuse to promote his bar.You, it goes without saying, are the curmudgeon who abusively suggests the use of the Search function.

Neal
April 14th, 2013, 10:15
I don't know LW but if you are going to site some facts and someone wants to know where you read it don't you think you should tell him where rather than telling him to go look for it and he should already know where it is? Sometimes........ :dontknow: Now be a good dear and tell him where it is on this forum unless you made an error and it is not here but somewhere else.

Kap Kun Kaaaaaaa!

April 15th, 2013, 09:25
Many of the "homeless" in Australias streets would previously have been locked away because they are mentally ill the others have some foirm of addiction for which they need treatment however Im not surprised a friend of Beachlover wopuld look down on such people.Nowadays many of those are able to swindle the system to get mentally disturbed pensions ,and use the money to travelAs I expected LW cannot substantiate his bizarre claims. Here are the facts
There is no such thing as a "mentally disturbed pension" in Australia. There are two forms of assistance for those who are sick, either temporarily or permanently (1) temporary - the Sickness Allowance http://www.humanservices.gov.au/custome ... -allowance (http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/sickness-allowance) (2) permanent - the Disability Support Pension - http://www.humanservices.gov.au/custome ... rt-pension (http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/disability-support-pension)

Those who are on Sickness Allowance can travel overseas for only six weeks for a limited number number of reasons all have which require a certificate supplied to Centrelink. Ditto for those on Disability Support Pension.

You can get either only if you have little or no cash assets of your own.

The rules for both of these if overseas changed on 1 January http://www.humanservices.gov.au/custome ... ortPension (http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/outside-australia#DisabilitySupportPension)

So the moral of the story is don't ever believe anything LW posts on any topic whatsoever: its either inaccurate, out of date, his misunderstanding of the facts based on some sensational newspaper report or something "a friend" told him.

witchhunt
April 15th, 2013, 11:15
Those messages from http://www.humanservices.gov.au/custome ... rt-pension (http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/disability-support-pension), must be causing a lot of worry from people who have been relying on these pensions to exist.

I can understand why people living overseas will have to move home to conform.

Is there any flexibility with these arrangements?

Neal
April 15th, 2013, 11:33
Does anyone think we should go a few posts back, split it off from Texas inmates on the run to something that would pertain to this thread better. Seems it is going to go that way.

witchhunt
April 16th, 2013, 09:03
part quotation

Those who are on Sickness Allowance can travel overseas for only six weeks for a limited number number of reasons all have which require a certificate supplied to Centrelink. Ditto for those on Disability Support Pension.

You can get either only if you have little or no cash assets of your own.

The rules for both of these if overseas changed on 1 January http://www.humanservices.gov.au/custome ... ortPension (http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/enablers/outside-australia#DisabilitySupportPension)

That means that those living in Thailand on disability support pensions will have had to return to Australia. Must have been quite a scramble