PDA

View Full Version : Just a little something

TOQ
June 1st, 2006, 10:09
When I return to Pattaya in June Id like to bring a little something for a couple of boys.. I dont want to break the bank on these but dont have any idea what to bring.. I would like for it to be something that they cant get there too readily. Suggestions would be appreciated.. I was thinking maybe logo'd t-shirts or ball caps... Too cheap ???

thanks

john

June 1st, 2006, 10:15
All Thai boys love genuine Levi's 501 jeans, and they are much cheaper in the US than they are in Thailand.

TOQ
June 1st, 2006, 10:29
All Thai boys love genuine Levi's 501 jeans, and they are much cheaper in the US than they are in Thailand.

Thanks,

I was thinking of that too but dont now the sizes. I could give it a good guess though..

john

wowpow
June 1st, 2006, 12:55
Waist 29" inside leg 28" will fit 95% of Thai boys.

Top quality perfumes are liked

Chocolates are good but must be in a fancy box and gift wrapped, I'm told. Take care they don't melt. Huge bars of Toblerone or Cadburys 1kilo bars impress.

T-shirts and baseball caps are so commin here ithey are not too obviously special.

Altoids are popular.

Sexy underwear - real skimpy and designer label.

Probably, a well built crash helmet is a very sensible gift.

Any gold other than Thai is not so good.

Souveniers of abroad are nice Empire state building model and similar.

June 1st, 2006, 14:45
I always stick with colognes now. Good colognes are always appreciated by anyone no matter how rich or poor. Plus, one can never have enough, and it is a gift that they will definitely use.

Altoids and souvenirs from a particular location are nice little gifts (note the word little).

I have totally given up trying to buy any sort of clothing for a Thai. Everyone has such individual tastes. Plus, it is more fun to just take your friends shopping.

Pete

June 1st, 2006, 15:45
Based upon repeat requests, I have found colognes to be the most popular gift.

Shirts are always hit or miss. The trend in colors and styles are constantly shifting. However, football team shirts are well received.

June 2nd, 2006, 04:58
I definitely learned my lesson about giving jewerly. If it's not thai gold.. they won't want it.. no matter what you paid for it. Even with Cologne you can strike out. My guy just wants me to bring a couple pairs of Calvin Klein underwear each time.. especially the white ones with the blue or red waist band. CK underwear in Thailand is about twice as much or more than can be bought for in the west.

June 2nd, 2006, 05:06
I almost sparked a riot last week when i produced a bag of small soccer trinkets.

England wallets/ keyrings/ flags/ teddy bears etc etc. Most Thais are soccer nuts!

They love cheap small things just as much as expensive things............... it depends on how long you have known them i guess.

June 2nd, 2006, 06:30
I give the breakfast boy at the hotel a carton of 200 marlboros. Never have to wait for my cup to be refilled and am greeted with a big smile each morning.

TOQ
June 2nd, 2006, 11:19
I thank you all for your input.. You have given me some good ideas.. See you on the 9th at Montys Pool.. G/T in hand. :))

john