PDA

View Full Version : Sukhumvit/Silom Hotels ??

NewBee
March 28th, 2013, 15:44
I'm new to posting but have followed this forum for quite a while. I'm staying in Sunee most of my time but need some advice on hotels in Sukhumvit or Silom that don't hit you for a "joiners" fee. Looking for places $50 US or less. Would like to also know if there's any near Arena or Hero spas.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
NewBee :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

timmberty
March 28th, 2013, 16:16
try the silom serene its close to most things but far enough away to be a bit quieter at night times.
book thru here using agoda and im sure neal will buy you an ice lolly on the beach when you are in pattaya.
Go to any Agoda banner on this site and just adjust to the city and desires you want.

pong
March 29th, 2013, 20:04
In BKK here is the BTS=skytrain, coming pretty near to both (for some Hero is too far to walk-any sidesoi has motosai boys). That means that staying close by is not that imprtt.
However-just round the corner af Arena is Om YIm lodge- around 1000 THB/night (we do not use $$ here ) and mentioned by many as near-gay.
Non- VISITOR friendly (really, its gets pretty boring to tell that now for the 12345th time-there is NO ''policy'' against gays anywhere) HTL are very, very rare- provided you are not stingy and book a double (and not single).
Just other side of soi 11=Hero (and banana too!) is soi 8-also brimming with cheapO HTls aiming str8s-also 'round the 1000 mark.
With both of these places I have not-too good experience. There are at least 40+ such M2M msg places spread out over BKK. In those touristy areas: google for nickysgaybangkok and find them listed and mapped. omplete and uptodate listings for all are only known t me in Thai.

a447
March 29th, 2013, 20:14
Check out the Rose Hotel in Silom. Just do a search on this forum - there are lots of reviews.
I've stayed there many times and never book through an agency - I just email the hotel directly. The ladies at the front desk told me "better for you."

Dboy
March 30th, 2013, 05:37
Om Yim Guesthouse is nice:

http://www.omyimgroup.com/omyim/

loke
March 30th, 2013, 23:25
There is a budget hotel next to silom soi 6 , Nantra Silom Hotel in soi 8 , I stayed there one night and the room was clean. only 900 baht , its gayfriendly and a ladyboy working as one of the staff.

I saw many asian gay visitors while I was there. Great location and only 5 minutes walk to Tawan Bar and the rest of the nightlife....

NewBee
March 31st, 2013, 02:45
Thanks a lot guys. Very much appreciated. This is a very big help. :happy7: :happy7:

cameroncat
April 1st, 2013, 07:37
Don't forget the Pinnacle Lumpini. You can get a room around $50, maybe a bit more. Comes with a daily breakfast buffet and it's close to the Babylon Sauna :tongue3: