PDA

View Full Version : Corner Bar

March 26th, 2013, 20:52
Is the Corner Bar open or closed?

Yes arsenal,I can confirm the Corner Bar is either open or closed. :hello2:

arsenal
March 26th, 2013, 22:18
Zebedee: That's actually quite funny and a perfectly correct answer to my ambiguous question. A brief look of NGP told me it's closed for refurb.

March 26th, 2013, 22:53
Zebedee: That's actually quite funny and a perfectly correct answer to my ambiguous question. A brief look of NGP told me it's closed for refurb.

Lol, well done arsenal,you're a good sport!

However I'm a little confused, your initial post .....as the author.....asking the question has disappeared,AND I am listed as the author of the thread.....which I am not.
Gazooks! What mischief is afoot?

Neal
March 27th, 2013, 03:28
I just woke up and it was there when I whet to sleep cause I remember seeing it. It is not there now and the moderator logs don't show any activity other than Zebedees 2 approved posts on this subject. I don't undertand. It was a funny post where Arsenal asked if anyone could verify if the corner bar was open or closed. I remember it, and I don't see it there now either.

Neal
March 27th, 2013, 03:32
Wierd cause if you look at the first post there it shows Arsenal's original question/post but the actual post is gone. I will have to ask tech support. Its one of those techie glitches or something that I don't have an answer for. Sorry.

Dodger
March 27th, 2013, 06:29
Does anyone know if the Corner Bar is open or not.

NickysGayPattaya
March 27th, 2013, 08:09
Yes, I know

It's closed. There was a grand demolition party 3 or 4 weeks ago and it closed for refurbishment. Supposed to be back open just in time for Songkran.

Nicky

arsenal
March 27th, 2013, 08:44
I did post the question. Then I found out by another source, NGP. So I tried to delete the original post but only the question disappeared and by that time Zebedee had replied. So I replied to him.

Neal
March 27th, 2013, 08:49
Ah ha! So if you tried to delete your question then the next question up would have been Zebedee's. Now I see said the blind man! OK mystery solved!

Gazooks! What mischief is afoot? See they always say I am up to something but usually there is a good explanation if we look hard enough.

March 27th, 2013, 08:58
But how come I am down as the "author" of the thread? I did not start the thread,yet someone put my name to it?

arsenal
March 27th, 2013, 11:00
Zebedee: "Gazooks! What mischief is afoot"

What a wonderful sentence. I shudder to imagine trying to explain what it means to my Chinese students. :idea1:

March 27th, 2013, 12:27
Zebedee: "Gazooks! What mischief is afoot"

What a wonderful sentence. I shudder to imagine trying to explain what it means to my Chinese students. :idea1:

Arsenal, just refer them to some "Catweasl" episodes (1970's or thereabouts) , if they start speaking "ye olde English ", the falangs will have a great laugh!

BTW , get back to work,you should be preparing for your classes ! :lam:

PS: I think I misspelled it, should be GADZOOKS.

March 27th, 2013, 12:56
Yes, it should be "Gadzooks".

Haven't heard it or seen it in print since I was very young, a LONG time ago. Nice to see the old words are not forgotten. :old:

arsenal
March 27th, 2013, 13:14
Yes Catweasel or was it Rentaghost.

Neal
March 27th, 2013, 13:49
Gadzooks I remember about the time Batman and Robin were on the TV. robin so cute and have you seem him today? Could be my sister! :violent1:

Oh Zebedee how I have to explain things to you.
Look at the first post. As you see the quote that is still up there is from Arsenal. Since Arsnal basically deleted his post your pot was next in line. Bingo bango!
It "appears" as though you started te thread because Arsenals first post went away.

Ye God's man.v :laughing3:

March 27th, 2013, 14:18
Thanks for that Neal, I just couldn't figure it out.

I'm surprised Robin doesn't get a mention on the skimpy underwear thread!

Neal
March 27th, 2013, 14:35
Oh God he was so sexy back then. I drooled over him. Now I need to poke my eyes out!

Geezer
March 27th, 2013, 15:15
Gadzooks I remember about the time Batman and Robin were on the TV. robin so cute and have you seem him today? Could be my sister!

If you only knew.

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/patbkk/Batbed_zpscb32bef9.png

Batman acquired nipples only a few years ago.

Pattaya's Batman Disco. (And we have a Soi Batman.)

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/patbkk/DSCN1649-CopyLarge_zpse4b87049.jpg

timmberty
March 27th, 2013, 15:45
Yes Rentaghost.
short or long time ? and are the tips the same?

newalaan2
March 27th, 2013, 17:24
Yes, I know It's closed. There was a grand demolition party 3 or 4 weeks ago and it closed for refurbishment. Supposed to be back open just in time for Songkran. Nicky
That party was planned for the week after I left Pattaya last trip. What surprised me was that the new owner felt the bar needed a refurbishment at all. The place looked fine when I visited, was much busier than it had been under the previous owners and had plenty of staff with a good 'vibe' again. The new owner seemed very nice and took interest in his bar. If he was on hand he always gave a welcome, or came over. Couple of times I was there he 'rang the bell' himself and offered drinks around the bar.

It's in a prominent position, plenty of room, although I dont play myself the pool table attracts the boys and customers so there is always somthing going on there. Is there any hint of what kind of refurbishment the new owner is planning? Nicky...?

March 28th, 2013, 00:06
Does anyone know if the Corner Bar is open or not.

I can confirm someone knows. :hello2:

Just in case you felt left out. Dodger.