PDA

View Full Version : Shopping Fresh after Drinking

SmoothLegs
March 26th, 2013, 04:33
Again, I just wanted to go to bed, but first needed to eat my "fresh" BLT sandwich/breadroll.
I unpacked it and took 1 bite and , well that is very dry.

I split the 2 bottum and top breadroll and looked what was in between.

Remember, it was FRESH from the supermarket.
6 inch bread roll, had in between 2 slices of tomato, 1 "slice of lecture(saled green shit),
and you know the packs of toast ham, the square ones.

HONEST it was NOT toast ham, but the amount was LESS then half a slice of toast ham,

So that lovely looking 6 inch sandwich/breadroll was just fresh bread with nothing in it.

I am lying now, because when I opened to see what was in between the bread,
YES there was LIVE meat, ants walking around in my "fresh"sandwich

Do you think I can go back to that FARANG orientated supermarket and have a refund?

Let the next person open a poll about refunds.

Neal
March 26th, 2013, 04:40
Refunds in Thailand??!! Hysterical. I don't even think that way anymore. Sandwiches in Thailand??!!
1) It was late in the evening so I doubt anything wrapped in cello would be "fresh" anymore unless maybe if you went to some place like Subway.
2) You should know by now that they consider a half piece of meat inside "a sandwich".

I have gone to many a store when hungry and want a sandwich and purchased maybe three sandwiches. right in front of them I open them all up, thrown into their bin the bread, lettuce and tomato from two of the sandwiches. Take the meat and cheese and put it all with the meat and cheese of the remaining one sandwich. Now I have one sanwich with the meat and cheese of three and the lettuce and tomato of one. :sign5:

Geezer
March 27th, 2013, 14:16
...there was LIVE meat, ants walking around in my "fresh"sandwich

From time to time there are items I would like to post on the board, but that are so outlandish I think no one will believe them, and so do not post. One such item appeared in the Bangkok Post a few years ago.

The article described a new source of income for poor villages upcountry. Trucks travel through the villages distributing the ingredients for sandwiches to villager's homes. The villagers assemble and wrap the sandwiches which are picked up two days later when the trucks return. The sandwiches are then sold in outlets throughout the country.

March 27th, 2013, 14:33
Glad to read this post. I will never buy another sandwich from deleted. Names a specific store chain. Sorry. Neal or the local supermarket again.At times if I was in the store buying water I would occasionally buy a sandwich and eat it, foolishly never checking the contents. It won't happen again!
Gives new meaning to the term "tummy bug"!