PDA

View Full Version : Just How Hot is Enough

Neal
March 24th, 2013, 13:52
Personally 75 - 80F is a good temperature for me but I can stand a little bit more. Lately though we have been seeing 95 to 105 and more. I am sorry but that is just too much for me. Being on dialysis this heat would cause me to consume too much water and trying to rely on a cold towel would just not work well enough. I won't be at the beach unless it is real real early in the morning for the next few months as it just is not bearable. I come from New York and Denver where the cold is really cold and the snow is deep and I enjoy it. Of course the boys are handsome here, the prices are reasonable and I love living in Thailand. I would switch the cold for the boys anyday.
Nope, I have had enough of the hot weather and in my house I will stay with the lovely a/c, the compute and the television. I will hope for no electric outages for the next few months or will need to run to the car as I have done before and if it goes on too long, well check in to the Ambiance or Baan Souey.

How about you? Is it too hot for you or are you a sun godess? What do you do when it gets too hot and what is too hot or you?

cdnmatt
March 24th, 2013, 15:14
Yep, definitely getting into the hot season now. Be lucky you have air conditioning in the main living areas of your house -- I only have it in my bedroom.

I find I'm coping pretty good this year though. Last year was horrible, but this year seems to be not too bad so far. I think there's a chance it's because I've cut down quite a bit on my drinking, plus for the past couple weeks have been on a salad / veggie only diet, aside from the odd shrimps or fish I throw into the salads. I think that's helped out a decent amount, and kept my body cleaned out and running as needed to handle the heat.

March 24th, 2013, 18:18
I live in manchester uk...and its at freezing point....my friends said the other day would you ask your Thai friends to send us some of that hot weather ha ha

timmberty
March 24th, 2013, 18:30
I live in manchester uk...and its at freezing point....my friends said the other day would you ask your Thai friends to send us some of that hot weather ha ha
forget the hot weather chris, just get him to send us some hot boys !!!!

Neal
March 24th, 2013, 18:39
I would be happy to send you some of the hot weather if you would send some of the cold down here.

March 24th, 2013, 18:56
Yes i'll send you some of our cold weather but last time i sent something by post to Thai it did'nt get there ha ha and the hot boys could warm us up ...better than central heating
Every body here is moaning about our weather..will we ever see the sun again....when it dose come out now and again they usually joke...what's that bright light in the sky...never seen that before so going to Thailand is fantastic for some good weather to get away from our grey skys...

Dodger
March 24th, 2013, 20:48
After spending the last 3 weeks trying to navigate these winter storms sweeping across the U.S. I'd welcome the HOT Thailand sun.

One more week of this crap and I'll be returning to Oz to suffer the heat with you Neal.

One way to condition yourself for the heat (unless you don't already know) is to eat a lot of hot chili peppers (yes, it's true)...avoid direct sun light whenever possible....wear a hat, especially if you're balding...avoid consuming alcohal...and of course drink lots of water. Taking salt tablets as a supplement is also a good idea - but I prefer licking the salt from a more natural source.

bucknaway
March 24th, 2013, 23:24
I'm enjoying this cold weather. It's giving me more time to be in the gym. When the weather turns warm here it will mean that my attempt to improve myself in the gym will be over and I will have to live with my gym successes and my gym failures. I imagine my true deadline will be Memorial Holiday which is a big, big holiday here in the USA.

Even though it is freezing cold here, in my mind I am resting on the beach in Pattaya, In a Thailand Sauna wrapped in a towel flirting with a Thai stranger, stealing glances before we both decide to duck into a room. Yeah, I'm in Thailand, not here in cold, drab Delaware.

anonone
March 25th, 2013, 05:55
BF hometown in Isan is 100 degrees and windy. "Wind not feel good....too hot"

My hometown is 25 degrees and 10 inches of snow in the forecast. Wind does not feel good here either...too cold.

:sign5:

paperboy
March 25th, 2013, 07:29
hi
my weather is boring here, i live in the canaries
and its always 25-29 degrese all year round
never too cold and never too hot :party

adman5000
March 25th, 2013, 07:35
The heat in Thailand bothers me more because of the humidity. Anything above 90 degrees bothers me. But spending too much time in AC also bothers me. I have tried the following and would suggest the same.
1) go to the movies during the day
2) do as the Thai boys do and sleep during the day in AC or fan and get out in the evening
3) have the most handsome boy you can find massage you with ice cubes or get several boys to do the same.
4) shower every hour or two
5) have the boys rub you with talc powder

If these methods don't work, at least it is fun trying. :glasses7:

In the northeast USA we are having snow tonight!

painai2
March 25th, 2013, 08:23
To me, I don't notice that big a difference between the seasons here, maybe I lived in Houston, Texas too many years before moving here. I like it hot and I love it here, the hotter the better. I still don't use the air, fans are enough. I just don't go jogging until about 6pm when it's a little cooler--but that's year round.

Neal
March 25th, 2013, 12:40
Adman. May I suggest going to Power Buy and getting a dehumidifier. I have one in my bedroom. Now most of the staff really do not know what it is and they only have one model. Look around with the little machines and spot one with a removeable water bucket on the front. That should be it. I think mine was about 9 - 13,000 baht and the machine has different settings for just how dry you want your room to be. I keep mine on 60 and I don't know if that means 60% as I never read the manual. No need to. Just plug the little stand up machine into the electric, set it to 60 and in about 24 hours you will be in paradise again. Keep windows and doors closed as this defeats the purpose. It is good for a medium size room. When the machine has removed a gallon of water or so, a red light comes on and you have to pull out that bucket in the front and empty it. Easy! Remember to clean the filter once a month.

In the USA I used to have to use a humidifier which was the exact opposite of this machine and there we put the water into the air becuase i was too dry.
Good luck and this is my advice to you and all.
PS The machine is usually NOT in stock and takes 5 - 7 days to get from their main warehouse. They know that only falang order it. They always tell me mei meee ei meee and I always have to say meeee and look for it. When I find it, they look at me all stupid cause they don't usually know what it does. Gee what a surprise! :sign5: :tongue3:

SmoothLegs
March 25th, 2013, 15:36
Wow, just went outside to only put the rubbish in the outside bin. As soon as I opened the door a wave of future sweaty heat came to me.
Yep the hot season is here

Today I am planning to meet up with my (straight) friends, guess it will be hot sitting outside "in" the bar. Thank god this is a wise bar owner and has fan's everywhere and shade is also available.

Now only a couple or more of ice cold beers :alc: , and oops, almost forgot, on my way to the bar buy one of those lovely large (30x60 cm) wet and cool perfumed cloths (paa yin). They are great and cost only 25-27 baht and afterwards you can use them as cleaning cloths for your home/room (or also useful as a sperm cloth :sign12: ). Every 7/11, Family Market and larger farang orientated supermarkets have them. The small ones (20x20 cm) are around 10 baht.

Tip: :thumbup: After opening the cloth plastic rapper, do not throw it away, but save the cloth in there. It stays wet and just a quick rinse in the bathroom (or ask for a few ice cubes), they are re-usable all day/night long.

Time for my second shower of today and then off in to the heat to some ice cold beers. (Pattaya 33 C, feels like 38 C, sorry USA/UK people no idea how much that is in Fahrenheit)

timmberty
March 25th, 2013, 16:51
wow smoothlegs .. are you sure you are going for a beer ... you have to be 18 yrs old to drink in thailand no ??
i hope teacher doesnt find out you've bunked off kindergarten !!!
:alc:

SmoothLegs
March 25th, 2013, 16:55
Wrong, you have to 21 in Thailand to be in bar and drink.
As Thailands logic goes, yes you can be 18 to work in a bar and sell your ass/pussy.

My name SmoothLegs, is not towards my hairy farang legs. :crybaby:
I just like Thai smooth legs.

Halfhansum
March 25th, 2013, 16:56
I always wondered if i could stand the heat full time if i lived in Thailand.
It was always my dream to retire there,but just lately i have began to think that life in the UK, isn`t really to bad..
For six months of the year here, the temperature is just right, not to hot and not to cold.
The winters can be trying i know, but i quite enjoy going for a walk on a frosty morning, and watching the seasons change..
So what with the oppresive heat and mossies of los, i think it will always be a holiday destination for me.. :hello2:

Jellybean
March 25th, 2013, 18:14
I like your suggestions for dealing with the heat adman5000. Going for a swim also helps to cool down.

Halfhansum, I spend the winter months out here in Thailand and usually return to the UK at the end of April. I enjoy spring, summer and autumn in the UK. My time out here varies between 4 and 6 months. I really donтАЩt think it would suit me to live in Thailand permanently.

It has been rather hot in Bangkok recently, but not unbearably hot. But given the choice, IтАЩd much rather be in a hot climate than the freezing cold of a British winter.

timmberty
March 25th, 2013, 20:07
As Thailands logic goes, yes you can be 18 to work in a bar and sell your ass/pussy.

me wrong .. well theres a first time for everything i guess !!!!
thanks for the tips on the coat type things, ill be getting some of them for sure.
dont worry about you having hairy legs, the thais like us like that, all thais are pretty hair free so they like the difference we offer ... i even get good comments on my hook nose and compliments over my warts and boils ...

cdnmatt
March 25th, 2013, 20:37
But given the choice, IтАЩd much rather be in a hot climate than the freezing cold of a British winter.

I don't know about that anymore. As my mom always says, "you can always put more clothes on, but there's only so many you can take off". Canadian winters definitely suck, but Thailand's hot season isn't exactly comfortable either. meh, doesn't matter, I'd be bitching either way. :-)

Speaking of this, anyone know where I can get some nice cooling pads for the dogs? Something like this:

http://z.about.com/d/dogs/1/0/5/y/2/canine_cooler_PG.jpeg

Can't find any up here. Anyone know of a store or something in Bangkok that will ship a few of them up? I don't want to order off Amazon or something for fear of 280% custom duty fees, etc.

christianpfc
March 25th, 2013, 22:24
I recently switched to sleeping with fan instead of aircon (after reading this article: http://migrationology.com/2011/07/cost- ... -thailand/ (http://migrationology.com/2011/07/cost-of-living-in-bangkok-thailand/) thanks again to whoever posted this elswhere on this forum), and it works fine: about 31C with fan compared to 25C with aircon. Saves a lot of energy (about 5 kWh per day)!

I recently spend noontime walking around in the sun, with a backpack, I would rather avoid it, but if necessary, I could go on for the whole day.

Even a 2h 30min run in the afternoon in the sun is possible (did so two weeks ago), but next time I will use a sweatband for my forehead, I had problems with sweat getting in my eyes.

It depends on your constitution: I had a 30-minutes walk with a friend at night (around 9 pm) at Saranrom Park, my friend (older than me, less fit and a higer BMI (body-mass-index, polite for "he is fat") was completely exhausted and had to go back by taxi, for me it was a leisurely stroll.

The difference between too cold and too hot: if it's too hot, you feel better if you rest in the shade. If it's too cold, you feel worse if you rest in the shade. As I am naturally inclined to resting in the shade, I prefer too hot to too cold.

SmoothLegs
March 26th, 2013, 02:19

me wrong .. well theres a first time for everything i guess !!!!
thanks for the tips on the coat type things, ill be getting some of them for sure.
dont worry about you having hairy legs, the thais like us like that, all thais are pretty hair free so they like the difference we offer ... i even get good comments on my hook nose and compliments over my warts and boils ...

Timm, sorry I came home, (just now, in my small mansion) as an hairylegs middle ages farang,
and VERY DRUNK (do not worry, I did not drive)

Actually, I thought you where talking about my colorfull post, with colors, capitals, 3 smilies.
Danm, who is kidding who, it was not about any SmoothLegs, just about who can I bitch about this time.

TIMM, sorry bitch shit board is bye bye,
I hope the NOT perfect Man(ok in bed 50% lady), BUT as a MAN NEAL will NEVER allow your first stupid message, which belonged on the BITCH forum and will never allow me to reply to this shit again.

NEAL, I apologize for being stupid and drunk sometimes, BUT I was always HONEST

Smoothlegs is the banned ronthai :nud:

Neal
March 26th, 2013, 02:24
Ron, you are a wierd one but no I am not going to ban you. Everyone has a second chance and that includes you dear.

SmoothLegs
March 26th, 2013, 02:41
Thank you, Neal

To be honest I do not understand the last paragraph or sentences I wrote. I have no idea what I wanted to say.
I do know in my feeling it was something good, but I guess I f???ck?d up again.

for Timm

] Sorry

:idea1: I like this smily
He tells me me not speak and I agree with him

Anyway, Good Neal, back to me (good when sober = 6 out of 7 days a week)
OK, problem I do not, like they say in Isaan (sauw wauw = is nice way to say SHUT UP)
Sorry Neal, I am getting of track here
Do me favour and delete or post this post, I am to far gone
SAFE at home,
ALONE as always

Whatever, this forum is the best and only real one in Thailand/Pattaya

:ssmile: This smilie is a loving kiss I can not give you, (sorry you are not sexy enough)

christianpfc
March 26th, 2013, 22:24
Speaking of this, anyone know where I can get some nice cooling pads for the dogs? Something like this:...

I'm trying to imagine Neal lying on a dog cooling pad.

Neal
March 26th, 2013, 22:51
I think I can use a few. :angryfire: :sign5:

Beachlover
March 27th, 2013, 14:28
Yep... This is the time of the year I avoid Thailand unless it's necessary or I have something specific on.

Khor tose
March 27th, 2013, 17:36
But given the choice, IтАЩd much rather be in a hot climate than the freezing cold of a British winter.
http://z.about.com/d/dogs/1/0/5/y/2/canine_cooler_PG.jpeg

Can't find any up here. Anyone know of a store or something in Bangkok that will ship a few of them up? I don't want to order off Amazon or something for fear of 280% custom duty fees, etc.

Matt, do to the camping gear department of Big C or Tesco and either buy one of those roll up matts for camping or an air mattress. You can fill the air mattress with water is you like, but don't get a cheap one---dogs have claws. If you do decide to put water in it, don't forget to add choline or some other anti algae solution, and change the water every couple of months to be safe.