PDA

View Full Version : Udon hotels / guesthouses ?

Alex303
March 24th, 2013, 11:56
Hi guys, could anyone please recommend a good hotel or guesthouse in Udon Thani ?

doesn't need to be the Hilton just clean & decent for 1 night (Wi-Fi would be good)

March 24th, 2013, 19:06
Yes...i can recomend The Paradise hotel...we stay there every time we go to Udon ..it is excelent and very good price
it is one the best hotels in my opinion any where not just in Udon...its near the center and the staff are very good and friendly
we will be there again end of may....very easy to book through Booking .com or Agoda

Mancs
March 25th, 2013, 01:35
The Centara was ok in January. If you go there ask for a room facing away from the disco down the road. It is a higher so place but not too expensive.

Alex303
March 25th, 2013, 03:08
Many thanks guys, i'll give them a try!

destiny
March 25th, 2013, 04:41
There isnt a Hilton anyway :-)
The Centara is certainly good after the recent renovation, and the location hard to beat, but as far as I know, they still charge a frivoulous amount for the Wifi (wasnt that 600 THB a day last time?). At the new Centara Khonkaen it is free though.... maybe they have finally learnt their lesson.... virtually all other hotels, guesthouses and apartments in Udon offer free Wifi.
Good budget deal: Nuntiya terrace, off Pho Sri road. Built in 2011, around 470 a night via agoda. Walking distance to UD-town

timmberty
March 25th, 2013, 07:06
is it just me ? but the reason i go on holiday is to relax .. wi fi and computers are not something i want to worry about !!!
dear lord give the internet a rest for a few minutes .. its called r&r for a reason .. and the reason isnt so you are at somebodys beck and call 24/7

Alex303
March 25th, 2013, 17:25
Hmmm well yes thank you for your helpful contribution there....

re: Wi-Fi as we're living in the year 2013 and no longer utilize 'Stone Tablets' or 'Tin Cans & Pieces of String' most of have smart phones which are Wi-Fi enabled, hence Wi-Fi is handy when available and cheaper than using the phone itself.

is it just me ? but the reason i go on holiday is to relax .. wi fi and computers are not something i want to worry about !!!
dear lord give the internet a rest for a few minutes .. its called r&r for a reason .. and the reason isnt so you are at somebodys beck and call 24/7

timmberty
March 25th, 2013, 20:00
i wasnt trying to be helpful ... i just dont get why some people just cant live without tecnology for a few weeks.
the reason i go on holiday is to get away from everything at home and to enjoy myself .. not to carry my problems around in a little hand held set, so at anything anyone with a problem can contact me ..
but each to their own.
have a nice time and do try and switch your phone off once in a while.

Alex303
March 26th, 2013, 10:39
Timmberty I have a Thai partner and he likes to keep in regular contact with me out here if we are not together for a few days (phone & internet)...for me this is a really nice thing. I run the Smart-Phone with a Thai SIM so none of my business stuff from the UK intrudes into my extended hols as the UK SIM stays in London until I return.

i wasnt trying to be helpful ... i just dont get why some people just cant live without tecnology for a few weeks.
the reason i go on holiday is to get away from everything at home and to enjoy myself .. not to carry my problems around in a little hand held set, so at anything anyone with a problem can contact me ..
but each to their own.
have a nice time and do try and switch your phone off once in a while.

Alex303
April 4th, 2013, 14:59
Update:-

We ended up staying in the 'Centara' in the end and were very happy with the room. To quote the BF 'No.1 In Udon' so good for his 'face' with pals, if you do some hunting on their website there's some heavy discounts going also, I think we got a 'Deluxe room' reduced from 2400 to 1760.

Some of the trimmings like 'Laundry, Breakfast' etc looked a tad steep but we just used the room and did our own thing.