PDA

View Full Version : house in Surin we just built .....

alanthebuilder
March 24th, 2013, 08:56
Hello guys ,not been on for a while .
We have been busy building this house for a gay couple in Surin .
Seems there are more gay couples settling down up country these days .

alanthebuilder
March 24th, 2013, 08:59
3 bedrooms 3 bathrooms indoor and outdoor kitchen .

March 24th, 2013, 09:23
Is there a sling room?

Brisbane Guy is this the intelligent discussion that you say we are missing? Neal

kjun12
March 24th, 2013, 12:52
Lovely home. You did an excellent job.

destiny
March 24th, 2013, 13:03
wow nice, but must be wealthy Farang settling down in Isaan these days..... just curious about the total cost of the house and land. and who owns the land ?

Neal
March 24th, 2013, 13:03
I also think it is a very beautiful house and I am sure some of our readers would like to know how much a house like this would price out at? The only thing that I saw that looked awfully small but maybe that is only the way it looked in the picture is the shower. Looked very narrow and a big girl like me...well...... :laughing3:
Is there room in the bathroom for a two person jacuzzi and enough water and water pressure? City water or storage tank and delivery which would make a jacuzzi prohibitive.

alanthebuilder
March 24th, 2013, 14:15
3,683,000 Baht. was the cost plus extra for pumps filters and kitchen and so on.
Cavity walls with hardwood windowsills.
Jacuzzi no lol .... Bathrooms are always hard to take pictures in due to the size but this bathroom was 3.5 mt by 2 mt not small .
Thanks guys

March 24th, 2013, 18:42
I would love to be able to build a house in isaan like that but being on low income..it will only ever be a Dream for me..maybe i can rent a small place in the future....got to keep hoping for the best

morse
March 26th, 2013, 06:48
I, too, like your house. A nice comfortable exterior design. Good work! I have several questions.

1. Are the owners Thai and own the land or is it a lease? What are typical lease terms for foreigners (I would be happy with a "When I die, it's yours" lease)?
2. Do you do the actual "hands on work" or act as a general contractor?
3. Do you (presumably) do hands on monitoring of all construction work to guarantee that it is done properly?
4. What is the general time frame from "I want you-or someone- to build me a house" to the housewarming party? (ie permits, plans, land acquisition, utility hookups)
5. Is payment up front, or in phases as each phase is completed?

Given the value of my home here and your construction costs, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I AM STILL HERE SHOVELING SNOW IN WINTER AND MOWING GRASS IN SUMMER.

Thanks

March 26th, 2013, 16:57
Is there a sling room?

Brisbane Guy is this the intelligent discussion that you say we are missing? NealLink to that request by me for intelligent discussion???????

alanthebuilder
March 28th, 2013, 06:58
I, too, like your house. A nice comfortable exterior design. Good work! I have several questions.

1. Are the owners Thai and own the land or is it a lease? What are typical lease terms for foreigners (I would be happy with a "When I die, it's yours" lease)? --- Thai owner lease to Farang ,set up by a lawyer
2. Do you do the actual "hands on work" or act as a general contractor?-------No hands on work for me , I over see the job .(my company)well I'm the major shareholder .
3. Do you (presumably) do hands on monitoring of all construction work to guarantee that it is done properly?------Our Company gives a warranty yes.
4. What is the general time frame from "I want you-or someone- to build me a house" to the housewarming party? (ie permits, plans, land acquisition, utility hookups)--------This took 4.5 months .
5. Is payment up front, or in phases as each phase is completed?-------Staged breakdown payments up front contract ,with a retainer to be paid once the client is satisfied and all is complete .

THANKS .....