PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Smile (Silom)

Surfcrest
March 20th, 2013, 09:09
If you drink a lot of coffee or tea, smoke or happen to swim a great deal in chlorinated water, you may find that your teeth aren't as white as some of the big bright Thai smiles we see so often.

Yesterday, I decided to check out laser teeth whitening in Bangkok at Dr. Smile on Silom.

Dr. Smile is currently offering a terrific deal of 5000 baht for laser teeth whitening. I have seen it offered both in Pattaya and in Bangkok from anywhere between 12 000 baht and as low as 9 000 baht and so was pleased to stumble on this deal while street shopping along Silom. I simply walked in the door and was able to have an appointment an hour and a half later. The technician told me the session would last between 30 and 40 minutes, but I as actually in the chair for 90 minutes, albeit sound asleep or most of the appointment. They put a dry face towel over your eyes to shield you from the laser light, which pretty much meant lights out for me zzzzzzzzzz.

I am thrilled with the job they did and the difference in color. There are two dentists and a half dozen technicians buzzing around dong their best to make you look your best and ensure you are comfortable. Everyone was able to communicate perfectly in English and the entire experience very positive. The same treatment back home in Canada would cost several hundred dollars and so not only was I able to save on the average Thai price for the service, but substantially more than what it would have cost to have the work done at home.

Surfcrest

bruce_nyc
March 20th, 2013, 09:34
I'm pretty sure we paid about 5000 or less at "Doctor Smile Dental Clinic" in Pattaya..... on the way to Tekcom... just before Tekcom.... on the left.

All three of us got a cleaning AND a laser whitening, for that price..... and we were all very pleased with the results.

I went back there again this last trip for a cleaning. Our dentist there was trained at Columbia Dental School here in New York City.

If you want the white to last.... It's a good idea to have custom trays made there. Then, we can buy the special "bleach" gel cheaper back here at home. Then you can do it yourself at home.... for maintenance.

ChelseaNY
March 23rd, 2013, 07:39
Several years ago I used the same dental clinic on Silom. They were extremely nice. There was some minor pain involved in the process (maybe that's changed) but the dental assistance, a nice guy, just sort of held my hand through it. Good results and good service. I hope that's still true.