PDA

View Full Version : The ladyboy who made good--very good

May 31st, 2006, 16:53
On my recent trip to Nikon, we stayed at the home of a ladyboy who used to work at My Way. On hearing of the accomodations, I was a bit skeptical of where I would be staying although my friend assured me it was very nice, and the room I would be given was air con with its own bathroom.

I should not have worried on this count. The home turned our to be palatial in any country. It was a beautful two story, four bedroom home with very nice yard and gardens. It was fully fenced and gated and first class in every sense. It also turns out I knew the ladyboy and had met her farang bf in the past.

The home was worth about 7 million bt (and this is in the deep South of Thailand where things are very cheap). The ladyboy also had two other nice homes for her family valued at about 3 million bt for the both of them. In addition, she owned two bridal shops, one a two floor, nicely appointed huge shop. The cost was around 4 million bt. She had a very nice car. From my understanding, she had a huge savings.

Of course, her German farang bf had paid for everything. The stories were mixed if she and the farang were still together, but I would assume with a minimum 20 million bt investment over the years, he had to be in the picture somewhere. Her gay brother still worked for him in Germany (he was home on holiday at the time). She did have a gorgeous Thai BF who meekly stayed at her feet and did everything for her (my BF was never like that). I think my one friend who told me her and her farang BF were finished did not want me to think bad of her because she had a Thai BF as well.

She was very nice and gracious and as beautiful as any ladyboy I have ever seen in LOS (or probably anywhere). She had used her beauty and grace to greatly elevate herself and her family. She also scared the hell out of me because she was also a good friend to my former BF, and I finally understood the example he had in mind when it came to the expectations he had of a farang BF.

I wonder how many Thai boys in LOS know of Yo, the famous ladyboy with a 20 million bt endowment from her farang BF and are searching for a farang from whom they can expect the same? I wonder if her German BF knew of her Thai BF? If 20 million bt can't keep your Thai BF faithful, then there is probably little hope.

I realize most Thai boys are realistic enough to know that farang like Yo's BF are very, very rare. However, I'm sure for many, they see examples like this, and thinking all farang are rich, do try to get as big of a slice a pie as possible. There are probably many unvoiced expectations they have (some probably unrealistic to a farang's financial situation) and some resentments that build when these expectations are never met. I always noticed with my own BF that there was some bigger goal always ahead (if I buy the gold, then ask for the shop; if I buy the shop, then ask for the motorbike; if I buy the motorbike then ask for the new kitchen).

The Thai ladyboy who made very good. Something for all Thai boys to aspire to (and who can blame them).

Pete

May 31st, 2006, 22:31
Her german bf must be thinging solely with his littlehead. How much more that 20 mil baht could have doenif put into a charity situation.

June 1st, 2006, 00:18
20 million Baht works out at approx ┬г280,000. In the UK this is becoming the average price for a flat in London and a house in the suburbs.
We don't know the time period of his involvement. If it is over 10 years then it would average out at ┬г28,000 the salary for a minor professional. If 20 years then ┬г14,000.
Nor do we know how well off this German is. It is possible he runs a business and the Thai bf is on the payroll.

If he is wealthy then he might see what he is spending on the bf as money well spent. He has his undivided attention (and no doubt is fully satisfied) when in Thailand, and he is saved trawling the bars and the disappointments that come with one night stands.
Good luck to him and his Thai bf.

It is not a road I wish to go down regardless of how smitten I might become. Apart from two boys, the expectation of larger and larger gifts has ruined any budding relationship I was starting. I prefer keeping to one boy but only been lucky twice and I've been coming to Thailand every year (and sometimes twice) for the past 20 years. I no longer look for a bf and just enjoy the boy's company until he begins to get greedy. I then look for another.

June 1st, 2006, 00:23
The guy could also be a billionaire, in which case 20 million baht would be like pocket change to the rest of us. If I were a billionaire, my bf would definitely get a lot more than 20 million lousy baht.

The guy could also be a philanthropist donating millions of dollars to charities each year, for all we know.

catawampuscat
June 1st, 2006, 10:32
On rare occasions, a money boy or girl or ladyboy hits the jackpot and takes home the grand prize.. You can bet that any young Thai that
sees the mansion will think he/she/heshe can go to one of the fleshpots and do the same..
Unfortunately, many will just be exploited, beaten, used and abused..Many will turn to drugs and many will get sick and some with HIV and
all reaching for the stars and most will end up in the gutter..
Many ladyboys take unregulated hormones and see quack psuedo doctors for very dangerous operations and many end up dead...

Sorry for the doom and gloom but I know of several ladyboys thru a ex-bf, and when they get older or if they are not pretty, they end up
working on Beach Road, servicing the men who cannot afford the go go bars, offs and even hotels..Often, they perform in any dark spot
they can find and take it in any orifice with or without condoms for as little as 50B., if they are strung out..
There is an ugly side to "the life" and wondering whether the millions of baht should go to a charity or if the man is rich seem trivial, at least
to me , in the broader picture.. Some win but most lose and that is life :cat:

June 1st, 2006, 15:34
You know I don't begrudge the man or the ladyboy for their good fortune or for how they how they spend their money.

I do think these very rare stories of a Thai being showered with wealth by a farang leads to a couple of problems:

1. As Cat said, it leads a lot of them into a life that ends up very badly for them because they have such false expectations of what the life will bring them.

2. The bigger problem, IMO, is that it leads many of these boys to ruin good relationships with farang because they expect too much. There are many farang who are happy to support a boy in a middle calss lifestyle and can afford to do so. However, because of a few stories like this one, many of the boys won't be content with a decent monthly allowance and/or setting up a small business for them.

I can certainly understand the urgency for many of them to feel that they need to get everything they can now. However, this urgency to kill the golden goose probably leads to the downfall of many good Thai-farang relationships.

Pete