PDA

View Full Version : SGT - True Internet and Proxy Servers

Jellybean
March 14th, 2013, 10:37
I would like to ask bruce_nyc two questions. Who is your master and why were you bating him in your own room? : )

Note: I am having to use a proxy server now that I am back in Bangkok and using Truevision Internet to view SGT and every time I tried to quote bruce-nycтАЩs post, to make my comment above more meaningful, it threw me out of SGT. This happened several times with http://www.turbohide.com and http://www.hidemyass.com

a447
March 14th, 2013, 15:03
Hi jellybean,
I found turbohide and hidemyass totally useless back in January.
What proxy are you using?
Hope you are having a great time in Bangkok.

Neal
March 14th, 2013, 17:52
Try hidemyass.com again as I used it last week in the hospital and checked it again today. Months ago I found it useless.

Jellybean
March 14th, 2013, 18:53
Hi a447

Now youтАЩve put me on the spot with your question. As IтАЩve mentioned on other topics IтАЩm completely hopeless when it comes to technical matters relating to computers.

When IтАЩve been in Bangkok in previous years IтАЩve used the apartment blockтАЩs Internet system, which was not always wholly reliable and all too frequently an engineer had to be sent for to fix the problem. But I never had any problem logging on to Sawatdee Gay Thailand (SGT).

I agreed to pay for the Internet service of my tenants (who left after 2 months!) for 12 months in advance and it was recommended that I use true visions as it was more reliable and definitely cheaper than my previous Internet provider. So when I returned to Bangkok, around 10 days ago, I found that SGT was blocked on true visions, although the quality of the Internet service is otherwise very good.

I first heard of turbohide and hidemyass from posts on this forum made by other members. Sorry, I thought they were the proxy servers, no? If not, then I am totally lost on the terminology!

Neal they work okay when viewing SGT, but sometimes throw me out if I click on a link and try to return to SGT. And, as I said in my earlier post, I could not use the quotes feature and every time I tried it, on both systems, I was thrown out of SGT.

a447 ItтАЩs great to be back in Bangkok, feels more like home than Shady Pines, sorry, Hua Hin, but hey thatтАЩs another story, which I may relate on a separate topic. : )

Sorry I know IтАЩve gone way off topic, so perhaps I might add on the subject of тАЬCurtained barsтАЭ that itтАЩs been around 2 years since I was last in Pattaya and I donтАЩt think there were any around at that time. But the subject has aroused my curiosity and think IтАЩd better go and investigate for myself the next time I am in Sunee Plaza and make up my own opinion. : )

Neal
March 14th, 2013, 19:00
OK we can go back to the topic but just as a closure, True is very crazy. I have tried different True connections and get nowhere and others it works fine. Our tech support used to use True at one location and had impossible time to work on our site and now moved into a condo using True and has no problems! Go figure.

Surfcrest
March 20th, 2013, 08:50
When I landed in Bangkok in early February, I simply went to the True desk on the Arrivals floor and set up both my unlocked phone and my iPad almost in one shot (2 lines at the True desk, one for phone the other for Internet).

He took my phone and 300 baht and got that working in just a few minutes, handing me the card with my new phone number on it.

Then I went to the next line over, handed him my iPad and a little over 1000 baht and within 5 minutes he had that up and running. It provides 3G service, pretty much anywhere in Thailand and has been both convenient and consistent. Anytime I need to add more, I either go to 7-11 with the same card or the True desk....whatever is the most handy.

In Thailand, I have been using anonymus.us as my proxy server without any issues. I just Googled Free Proxy Server and chose the first one that worked without reason to switch this whole time.

When I am downloading my TV Shows from iTunes, I have to find a good wifi connection as the download exceeds the 50 Meg limit for my SIM card. I haven't had any issues with that either as the condo has 3 -4 open wifi connections for us to connect to in the common areas.

Surfcrest

Jellybean
March 20th, 2013, 11:16
Thank you for mentioning anonymous.usa as a proxy server Surfcrest. I used it to access sawatatdee-gay-thailand.com today. It seemed a bit slower than the other two proxy servers IтАЩve been using.

Although I was not thrown out of SGT when I tried using the quotes feature, as I was on TurboHide and hidemyass, however the quotes feature simply did not work. So I manually copied and pasted the quote I was interested in. Moreover, I could not use the bold and underline features.

IтАЩll keep looking at other proxy servers to see if I can find one that satisfies my requirements. Two others have been suggested to me by PM, so IтАЩll give them a try

netrix
March 21st, 2013, 00:35
I use http://www.Spotflux.com on mobile devices and desktop to surf anonymously and protect data and identity online on public networks. Free install. Benefits of a proxy and more.