PDA

View Full Version : Where are your favorite people-watching spots in THAILAND

adman5000
March 16th, 2013, 05:15
When visiting BKK and with free time during the day, I enjoy people-watching. I think the Thai people are mostly a beautiful and handsome people. One of my favorite trips to people-watch is to take the BTS to CENTRAL WORLD for lunch, a movie, or shopping. You see a lot of people at the BTS station, again on the train, again at the SIAM or CHIT LOM stations, on the walk to CENTRAL WORLD and again inside the mall. It is also a short walk to SIAM PARAGON for even more people watching inside and riding the escalators up to the movies or down to the food court.

As it begins to cool in the early evening, I also enjoy walking through LUMPHINI PARK.

Where are your favorite people-watching spots? (excluding the bars, saunas and discos)

TravellerDave
March 16th, 2013, 12:33
Mine used to be Dongtan Beach a few years ago when when customers comprised 60 % older farangs (including me ) 20 younger and 20 Thai boys (some in speedos and available) Now 80 farangs, 15 families and females, 5 Thai boys.
Now I enjoy the terrace of the Ambiance, Boystown in early evening and the coffee bars at Tukcom during the day, where I often spot boys I have offed.

Neal
March 16th, 2013, 13:21
First I think this should really be broken up as to whether you were talking about Bangkok, Pattaya or where ever else. But as you did not, I will add on that when I used to be able to sit out half the night people watching I really enjoyed the terrace at The Ambiance.

Surfcrest
March 17th, 2013, 06:08
I find it's great, finding a place where there isn't a lot of other farangs....where it becomes a two way street in the sense that you are watching them and they are having a good look at you.

While in Bangkok this week, I took the time to check out the pool at National Stadium (not far from the OP's favorite areas) and not only are there some very interesting views at the pool....but there is also quite a bit happening around the pool. Right now the Muay Thai championships are set up in front of the complex and directly beside a Thai market. I took a wander through there yesterday and even bought a few things at Thai prices...dirt cheap. I'm not sure if they get a lot of farang visitors, but I had a few Thais coming up to me with big smiles and uttering what few words of English they knew. And the magic you see in their eyes when you give them the time of day and engage them back. Sparkling eyes, a big Thai smile...it really can brighten the day.

These are moments you can enjoy throughout the Kingdom if you take the time to stray a tad off the beaten track (in this case, for example, not really all that far) and to engage the Thais....of all ages, with a big smile of your own. It can be a big country with plenty of interesting things to see...many that other farangs aren't typically visiting and through incidental encounters such as the one I just described come interactions that could lead to something else more....intimate.

Surfcrest

christianpfc
March 17th, 2013, 16:17
Walking street and beach road are always interesting (in Pattaya). In Bangkok, all major BTS stations or bus stations.

You have to distinguish locations where you can sit and drink or eat, just sit, or have to stand or walk for people watching.

Thanks for the tip with the pool at National Stadium, didn't know about that, might have a look next time I am in the area.

Surfcrest
March 17th, 2013, 20:19
Another new found favorite for me is the Olympic Club, a fitness center located on the 8th floor of the Pathumwan Princess Hotel, above MBK and next door to the National Stadium.

The gym was full tonight with some of the best looking Thai guys I have seen in one place in a long time. There were a few girls working out, but by far the vast majority were guys. With so many mirrors and so many curious members, there was quite a bit of obvious cruising going on.

The hotel does not allow guests coming up to the rooms of the Pathumwan past 10:30 PM, but security and screening is down below on the Ground Level (street) and the 2nd Level (MBK) and so it wouldn't be difficult to meet someone at the gym and later take them up to the suite without drawing any concern....and security is probably on the watch for commercial trade (dressed as they usually are) and not so much the affluent boys, wealthy enough for a respected gym membership.

Had I not had a dinner date tonight with a guy I met last night at Chak Ran, I'd probably be entertaining a rather attractive one I met at the gym tonight. Possibly tomorrow.....

Surfcrest

P. S. the admission price for the National Stadium pool is 100 baht 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM.

adman5000
March 17th, 2013, 23:40
Thank you. Great information and the exact reason I read this forum. I appreciate your information and suggestions.

goji
March 18th, 2013, 03:11
Where are your favorite people-watching spots? (excluding the bars, saunas and discos)

After the excluded locations, it has to be Jomtien beach.

Surfcrest
March 18th, 2013, 16:43
After the excluded locations, it has to be Jomtien beach.
Really? This is where this thread and the "Where can I find daddies" thread are interchangeable.

Surfcrest

arsenal
March 18th, 2013, 17:18
The Corner bar takes some beating through its five 'windows'.

Up2U
March 18th, 2013, 21:16
...... when I used to be able to sit out half the night people watching I really enjoyed the terrace at The Ambiance.

It's fun to reminisce about the good old days. BBB had a huge amount of boys and watching them come to work, and then later take their breaks and eat at the street vendors.

christianpfc
March 18th, 2013, 22:47
Another new found favorite for me is the Olympic Club, a fitness center located on the 8th floor of the Pathumwan Princess Hotel, above MBK and next door to the National Stadium.

Thanks for the information. Their website http://www.theolympic-club.com/?language=en has no information about price for single entry (I don't want a membership), how much did you pay or is it free for hotel guests? One important information I need: are the running machines facing the wall or the room (because I do some running, and in Chakran sauna the point to the wall, so I have difficulty seeing what is happening).

Another important information is the dress code in the gym. Obviously, I prefer shirtless.

hai336
March 19th, 2013, 04:37
There's a coffee place near Sala Deang BTS in Bangkok, called I think Coffee Boy. I love drinking one of their iced coffees inside and watching the street scene on silom.

Surfcrest
March 19th, 2013, 10:18
Another important information is the dress code in the gym. Obviously, I prefer shirtless.

First, just a point in respect to the "correct english" thread, the use of the word "obviously" insinuates that the person(s) you are communicating with know this already and may even suggest that they are idiots. When my Chinese partner incorrectly uses "obviously", I always finish his sentence after obviously with; "you idiot" (in speaking to me) so that he learns to use the word more appropriately in his dialogue.

The drop in fee for the Olympic Club is 642 Baht. This also entitles you to use the 25 meter pool, also located on the 8th floor outdoor deck and a perfect place to get a little sun. The pool is stunning at night, totally lit in blue lighting. There are also two jacuzzis. The Club is open on the weekends 6:00 - 22:30 and until 23:00 during the weekdays. The pool is open until. 10:30 PM all days.

The walls of the gym are almost all glass. There are a few Elyptical Fitness machines that face out, but two full rows of these, bikes and tread mills face forward toward the rest of the facility. Moving forward, the next area in contains the lower body machines and the next area in has all of the upper body equipment. There are change rooms with lockers, showers, a sauna, a steam room and there is also is a separate facility for badminton, squash, two artificial grass tennis courts, a running track, basketball court although some of these facilities are extra and require a booking and perhaps an additional fee. I couldn't imagine playing tennis in this heat.

I did not ask about your shirtless inquiry as I see no members here shirtless and have found with virtually all formal fitness facilities in Thailand that working out without a shirt, especially in an air conditioned environment to be inappropriate. Perhaps going shirtless a the public outdoor gym in Lumpini Park would be okay, but not here.

I am not paying to use the Olympic Club as I am a guest of the hotel this week. I am in the pool every morning from 07:00 - 08:30 AM, and am quite often lounging around the pool in the late afternoon, sometimes having another swim or enjoying a cold drink. I'm also at the gym in the evening, sometime between 19:00 and 21:00. I see quite a few gay couples at the hotel, but they appear suspiciously like flight attendants.....whom I detest almost as much as English Teachers. Haha
If you plan on coming in this week while I'm here, come on over and say "hi"....I'm only really pompous to trailer park trash.....like timberty.

Surfcrest

I have also noticed the outdoor track beside in the National Stadium Complex and beside the pool to be packed with runners in the early morning until the sun rises. Also, the National Stadium pool is very quiet when the sun is directly overhead, but quite busy in the evening. I hope this helps!

Surfcrest
March 19th, 2013, 19:45
Just a correction to the above post;

The cardio equipment is lined up in 4 rows and each row faces out to mirrored walls only allowing you to see the row behind you and your own backside...nothing further. All the mirrors and glass give you the illusion of being able to see the weight rooms or the other rows of cardio equipment. There are also flat screen TV's on each pice of cardio equipment.

Surfcrest

latintopxxx
March 19th, 2013, 21:12
surfcrest, the natuional stadium, is that on Rama1 road? where the pool is concerned can you rent a locker to store your stuff?

Surfcrest
March 20th, 2013, 05:15
Yes, behind the Nimitbut Building and pool entrance in the Rama 1 side.
Right below the National Stadium BTS Station
100 baht includes a key for the locker.

Surfcrest

christianpfc
March 20th, 2013, 16:27
First, just a point in respect to the "correct english" thread, the use of the word "obviously" insinuates that the person(s) you are communicating with know this already and may even suggest tht they are idiots. When my Chinese partner incorrectly uses "obviously", I always finish his sentence after obviously with; "you idiot" (in speaking to me) so that he learns to use the word more appropriately in his dialogue.

The drop in fee for the Olympic Club is 642 Baht.

I did not ask about your shirtless inquiry as I see no members here shirtless and have found with virtually all formal fitness facilities in Thailand that working out without a shirt, especially in an air conditioned environment to be inappropriate.

I agree that "obviously" is a filler, I use it with the meaning "you know why" or "don't you as well?" or "wink, wink, nudge, nudge".

The drop in fee is a bit high (or rather I can imagine better uses for 642 Baht). My interest drops considerably if everyone is in shirts (in gay saunas, many customers use the gym shirtless).

iwonderwhy
March 24th, 2013, 20:02
The Olympic Club sounds like a promising place to look at some attractive guys.

One of my favorite places to see attractive guys is the Fitness First gym at Q House Lumphini on Sathorn Road. It's a great gym although it doesn't have a pool or tennis courts. You see a lot of gay Thai and resident farang working out here at lunchtime and after work. Most of these guys work in the offices in the area and are quite friendly. The steam room is also very nice and some guys linger around there. The steady stream of attractive fit guys does wonders to keep me motivated and in the gym.

I also enjoy people watching at Suvarnabhumi Airport. You see lots of attractive and interesting people wandering around there. It's probably not a great place to meet people though since everyone is just passing through.

Surfcrest
April 3rd, 2013, 15:55
The drop in fee is a bit high (or rather I can imagine better uses for 642 Baht). My interest drops considerably if everyone is in shirts (in gay saunas, many customers use the gym shirtless).

I think you will probably meet the same type of guys, if not literally the same guys at the gay sauna....each and every time.
If you are looking for a favorite people watching spot, as per say...you may need to branch out from both the gay saunas and possibly whatever gay scene is out there.
Expanding the scope allows you to watch and possibly connect with gay or bi guys outside of that and so a gym can be an ideal location to get things going, especially since we are also meeting up when we both may be nude...or just cruising each other in the mirrors. I'm sure you may find the same thing at any gym outside of the gay saunas.
You need to consider that just because they are gay or bi or whatever...doesn't mean they are out...and going to the gym might be as far as they've had to go to meet other guys.
Combine that with the fact that these boys can already afford a membership and if things take off...you might find yourself not paying the bill every time...saving you back your 642 baht entrance fee.
I know, back home...that I'm probably not going to meet the best possible guy at the sauna...and so I imagine the same holds true elsewhere and including Thailand.

Even the BTS or the MRT is an excellent spot for cruising and connecting. It doesn't take more than just a smile or a wink after the initial eye contact to get things started.
You get off at his stop or visa versa....wait for him to come to you...if it doesn't happen get back on the train....if it does; go for a drink / a little food together...or jump right in the sack.

Surfcrest

christianpfc
April 3rd, 2013, 23:01
Even the BTS or the MRT is an excellent spot for cruising and connecting. It doesn't take more than just a smile or a wink after the initial eye contact to get things started. You get off at his stop or visa versa....wait for him to come to you...if it doesn't happen get back on the train....if it does; go for a drink / a little food together...or jump right in the sack. Surfcrest

Public transportation stations (BTS, MRT, and a lot of busses) might be good for people watching, but not suitable for hook-up. People are on their way somewhere. While I spotted plenty of cute boys when using public transport, I never even was able to make eye contact. But when the bus is full and I have to stand, I get a place next to a cute boy, behind him, and when the bus brakes everyone bends forward my hand unintentionally touches his but (sometimes even without braking). If I had a seat next to him I would where he is going (or come up with another excuse not to chat him up).

(subject overlaps with my last post on don-mueang-pattaya-best-transport-t27437.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/don-mueang-pattaya-best-transport-t27437.html))

I have yet to get off at a wrong stop to follow someone or take the wrong bus to follow someone. But I occasionally though when passing a bus stop: "Why don't you (boy waiting for a different bus) come with me, I will pay for taxi later to whereever you want to go".

Sometimes I think I am the only one out there who is permanently scanning his surroundings for sexual partners. I can process about 10 people per second (it's unconscious, without thinking about it I sort out the women and males who are too young or to old and take at closer look at what's left). That makes thousands of yes/no decisions per day when I travel around. It's quite fun when you are with a friend and can point out to each other whom you like or not and why.

How about others? Are you permanently checking your surroundings for cute boys?

adman5000
April 4th, 2013, 00:12
Most definitely and I find it easier to spot handsome guys in Thailand than any other place I have ever visited.

anonone
April 4th, 2013, 07:38
How about others? Are you permanently checking your surroundings for cute boys?

I have to say yes to this. I also am not very sly about it. BF often catches me checking out a cute one and calls me out on it. Mostly in good fun, but when he is in the wrong mood, it can make him jealous. Ooops.

adman5000
April 4th, 2013, 08:37
When I first started visiting the Silom area quite a few years ago, I used to enjoy getting a cold drink and watching the guys as they set up the night market, hauling the heavy metal chests around. I assume many of them are Burmese given the hard physical work involved. I am sure I am not the only one who has enjoyed watching these guys as they go about their work.

I also recall visiting a outdoor fair once when visiting Isan, I think it was in Korat. It seemed all the rice farmers came out at night for music and whatever. I just remember that I had a great time watching all the young Thai guys roaming around eating, listening to music, and having a great time shopping. I could have stayed all night.

pong
April 4th, 2013, 18:08
I find the buses in BKk great for occasional meets-sadly it mostly seems to happen when I am on the way to some date or so. But in the eves- when traffic is low and the wind breezes in, its so nice in the red bus-esp. when its even a free bus too. back side is best. I've had more as a dozen feelees and more there- it just happens (have a bag or so ready to get over it on your lap) and it may lead to more.
But other as in gay places, you cannot choose the ones.