PDA

View Full Version : CHECK-LIST

AMARETTO-old
January 12th, 2006, 01:22
Paris,
D-DAY - 4

I am preparing my luggages. Do I forget something ?

-Passeport
-Flight ticket
-Travellers check
-Some Thai Bahts (from my last trip)
-Some chocolates for my friends in CM and for me, I love chocolates
-A special gift for my Thai best friend and his family
-6 shirts
-1 suit
-2 pairs of shoes
-3 long pants
-1 short pant
-10 underwears
-10 pairs of socks
-3 T-Shirts
-Medecines ?Oxyboldine-Doliprane...
-Condoms and lube, just in case!!
-Perfume
-Brush and Tooth paste, I don't like those from Thailand
-Soap and shampoo
-Do I need a pullover to go Doi Inthanon ???
-Swimm wears 2
-Insurance
-A book
-Sunglasses
-1 pullover
-Photocopy of all my documents
-Ties
-Shaving Kit
-I have lost my Thai Airways Gold member card, or more exactly the robbers took it last time in Bkk. Maybe I can take a document to make a new one in Bkk, somebody can help me for this ???
-What else ?

If you know me a little bit, you must know there is something I couldn't forget : What is it ?(Only 1 answer, please): The first one to find win a dinner with me and your boyfriend if you have 1, in Bkk on Monday 16 january. OK ? You must help me to choose the place for eating. .

Do I forget something else ??

See you soon

January 12th, 2006, 01:33
reading material/sleeping pills/music for the plane
cameras
sun tan lotion (probably cheaper over there)
insurance documents
more than one credit card
important phone numbers in case your mobile phone battery fails
a piece of paper that details who to contact in the event of an emergency

January 12th, 2006, 01:40
Do not forget your Chanell sunglasses Amaretto

You not even will look better, but it protect your eyes from something you not have seen so much in Paris last time . THE SUN

Have a save and good trip and a lot off fun.

AMARETTO-old
January 12th, 2006, 02:05
OBJECTIVE:
-A book (Is there any french book in Thai4Life shop?)
-Insurance documents
The France Embassy know me well, they know what to do in case of emergency and they know yet I will be in Thailand from 16/01/06 until......

BAZIEL :
-Sunglasses (Sorry but ARMANI is good enough for me)
I can see the rain falling through the window, and I am very cold. Je penserai bien a toi.

Merci, oh Thank you

January 12th, 2006, 02:11
The Thai4Life shop was opened long after my previous visit, I'm afraid I've never been able to visit. Not brinign insurance documents with you? Are you flying to thailand uninsured? Also, you might want to bring mosquito spray, but again you can get natural citronella spray very cheap over there, although it smells a bit funny!

AMARETTO-old
January 12th, 2006, 02:19
OBJECTIVE : Yes I have insurance, I have added it already. Thanks

TrongpaiExpat
January 12th, 2006, 02:24
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/mmythai22/doiith11b.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/mmythai22/doiith10b.jpg

Do I need a pullover to go Doi Inthanon ???

Yes, and if with a Thai boy, a scarf and gloves. Photos from above the clouds, last month.

January 12th, 2006, 02:28
God those pictures are adorable!

AMARETTO-old
January 12th, 2006, 02:32
Yes, and if with a Thai boy, a scarf and gloves. Photos from above the clouds, last month.
-1 pullover (I will buy another one in CM if a thaiboy want to come with me

jimnbkk
January 12th, 2006, 03:48
This thread brings up a good point: I notice that Amaretto is only bringing one pair of shorts. I spend most of my time in Pattaya/Jomtien area, and I wear shorts most of the time there during the daytime. At night, because of the mosquitos, I wear long pants - jeans mostly. I wear long pants all the time in BKK.

Now my question: I know that Thai men don't wear shorts usually. I know that I should not wear shorts if I'm going sightseeing that may include a Wat. But, Amaretto is only bring one pair of shorts, and nobody commented. When I come next month, I expect to bring three pairs of shorts, maybe four.

Anybody have any comments about farang (old farang, I might add) satorial choices?

Just remembered: Antacid tablets. I bring a bottle of the common drugstore variety that u take from 1 through 4 of at a time. Also, I bring Prilosec OTC just in case. Some of the "not hot" Thai food is really too much for my old stomach to take.

Doug
January 12th, 2006, 03:50
Photocopies of all important documents
Last trip I made a computer disk of the personal stuff in my computer as well as home pictures and often used "bookmarks".
I was amazed how much I used this disk.

January 12th, 2006, 04:07
jimnbkk: I have found that paradoxically I prefer wearing trousers in the thailand heat, to wearing shorts. This is a personal thing of course, but I just seem to find my legs cooler when they're shielded from the sun.

colmx
January 12th, 2006, 05:42
Amaretto...
Stupid question, but what on earth is the suit for?
Are you planning on having dinner with Taksin?

Funny thing is I often read on the message boards how the Thai boys like their farang to neatly shaven and in a well presented and ironed shirt...

My BF hates it when i shave and wants me to have "designer" stubble at all times...

And he insists on me wearing t-shirts all the time... Must be my poor fashion sense in Shirts!

January 12th, 2006, 06:27
Those pix, apart from the lad being cold, I don't think that was the problem, he looked as if you frighted the **** out of him.

cottmann
January 12th, 2006, 06:52
when laundry is so cheap in Thailand?

January 12th, 2006, 08:07
I scan my ID, passport, ticket info, travelers check info etc, then send it in an email to myself (hotmail or yahoo mail, etc) so I have access to the info in case of emergency.

January 12th, 2006, 09:57
a piece of paper that details who to contact in the event of an emergency

The late Ian McKnight formerly day manager of Cafe Royale scared me with some stories of farang hospitalised, but refused surgery/treatment until proof that payment was forthcoming.

Last trip I had prepared a power of attorney(medical), which gave phone numbers of contacts who had power to approve any medical treatment.

I give this to the receptionist when checking in, and collect on my departure. This at first surprised them. I was discussing this with one of the managers, who indicated that injury and illness to older farang, is much more common that most people are aware.

I felt it a waste of time to keep in my room. hoping that if needed someone would think to look for it. For the same reason I carry a business card of the hotel of the one that I am staying in ATM

Marsilius
January 12th, 2006, 11:18
In answer to the last point, I always bring lots of clothing, after several occasions where Thai laundries ruined clothes.

The concept of using detergents specifically designed for coloured items is, I find, virtually impossible to communicate and things just get washed using standard products which, because they are designed to clean whites, contain strong bleaches.

As a result, colours fade noticeably, even after a single wash. Better to bring lots of clothes - or at least ones you don't mind ruining.

Boxer
January 12th, 2006, 11:32
A Suit! OMB jackets shirts and ties next, Far too much clothing if you need it buy it here And i bet it exceeds his allowance on flight!

January 12th, 2006, 16:13
when laundry is so cheap in Thailand?

Agreed but, how many times a week do you want to go to the laundry? If only once, 10 suits of underwear, etc., isn't excessive. Bring all your old, holy, underwear: you can throw it away after it's worn once--But don't let bf see you do it: he'll think you are rich. :roll:

Personally, unless going on business, I'd forget the suit, bring another pair of shorts: one in laundry, one out, sandals, slippers, CD's and walkman (Ipod too expensive to risk...losing.)

I've seen a few books in French (More German & English.) but may be not to your liking. Bring a paperback, or a few--Even ones you've read you can drop off at Thais4Life or leave at the hotel. Some hotels have a whole left-books library in the lobby. I found a 1,000-baht bookmark between the pages of one!
Anyone claiming it is theirs needs tell:
1. The name of the book & author.
2. Serial number and what was hand-written in the margin of the bill.
3. The name of the hotel, room number and my bf's name (That day).
4. Date I found it and what I had for lunch that day.
5. Why is a mouse when it spins.

January 12th, 2006, 17:10
camera

AMARETTO-old
January 13th, 2006, 00:22
just remembered: Antacid tablets.

Oxyboldine and doliprane tablets.

AMARETTO-old
January 13th, 2006, 00:24
Photocopies of all important documents

-Photocopy of all documents

AMARETTO-old
January 13th, 2006, 00:43
Amaretto...
Stupid question, but what on earth is the suit for?

Boxer wrote :A Suit! OMB jackets shirts and ties next, Far too much clothing if you need it buy it here And i bet it exceeds his allowance on flight!

I hope that Taksin is not a member of this board but I am a regular visitor to the France Embassy, I use to wear suit when I go there. Also, I like to wear suit and my Thai friends like too.

Added:
-Ties
-Shaving kit

TrongpaiExpat
January 13th, 2006, 00:51

I saw Taksin last weekend at Paragon on some meet the school children PR stunt and he was in a polo shirt and tan dockers.

Then the week before at some food stall posing for photos in casual dress again.

AMARETTO-old
January 13th, 2006, 00:56
.... If only once, 10 suits of underwear, etc., isn't excessive. Bring all your old, holy, underwear: you can throw it away after it's worn once--But don't let bf see you do it: he'll think you are rich. :roll: ....

Thanks Edith.

AMARETTO-old
January 14th, 2006, 14:41
Time in Paris is now 10.10 AM. Saturday 14 january.

It is time for me to check up the list and to prepare all the things I need to put in my luggage tomorrow morning.
Thanks to all of you, for helping me.

I hope that I will not forget anything!!! I will be log in here tomorrow at 7.45 am in Paris. Do I forget something ?

I'll leave my home at 10.30 AM, shall be at Roissy CDG airport at 11.00. Departure Flight TG 931 at 13.30 PM Sunday 15/01

There is a question in my initial post in this topic, about a dinner to win, You can answer to this question untill tomorrow morning at 7.45 am Paris time. Someone here have found the good answer, but he will not be in Bkk on monday evening. I'll be very pleased to go to the restaurant with one of you.

I am afraid because I saw a black cat yesterday :scratch: and my Karma is - 1 point today????????????

Cheers

manfarang-old
January 14th, 2006, 21:45
Re: your Thai Airways ROP gold card, all you need is your ROP number when making reservations, not the actual card. To get a replacement, just contact ROP customer service by email or phone. They will mail it to you, but it takes a couple of weeks and is sent to your home address. Last trip the travel agent forgot to put my number on my Chiang Mai flights, but after I got home it took just one email with the flight details to get the miles credited. But they MAY ask for copies of your boarding passes, so don't throw them away until the miles have shown up.

The top of Doi Inthanon is VERY cold this time of year. It was even a little chilly when I was there in May.