PDA

View Full Version : Ambiance Hotel in the Heart of it All

Neal
March 8th, 2013, 11:43
http://www.ambiancehotel.com/

Khor tose
March 8th, 2013, 14:36
I always stay in Jomtien when in Pattaya, but these rooms do look nice. Now be honest, what is the noise at night like? Al\so how many floors and is there an elevator?

Neal
March 8th, 2013, 14:57
The noise was two other places had parties one week. One was a birthday party for the owner or owners b/f I think of Copa and the grand opening of Castro. No big deal. It was 2 nights. There are 4 floors and an elevator. The suites on the top floor are nice and if you want there is one suite that has an adjoining suite with a go between door. Nice to put a few boys in one suite and you in the other. They don't like aircon. That was built originally for me.

Oliver
March 8th, 2013, 15:07
Correct; there is no problem with noise. The parties were a "one-off"...or rather a "three-off" and the only effect they've had on me is to persuade me to keep away in January.

Neal
March 8th, 2013, 15:15
Olive I don't think they are gonna have a grand opening every year and I believe now that another was a wedding so another one nighter. That leaves a very real possibility of 1 night in Jan. A decent trade off still for beig in the heart of the action.

stevehadders
March 8th, 2013, 16:43
I really believe its the best place to be...right in the centre of the action, and love every minute. To be fair, however, I could be described as a party animal, and so much so that couple of years back I was trying to discipline myself to have only 3 nights at the disco and 4 nights relatively early (well 1/2 am), and the guys in the gogo I was frequenting in those days thought I had some terminal disease as I wasnt as strong as norma; ie out disco every night.......soon put that right in the following week!

Khor tose
March 8th, 2013, 17:58
\ There are 4 floors and an elevator. The suites on the top floor are nice and if you want there is one suite that has an adjoining suite with a go between door. Nice to put a few boys in one suite and you in the other. They don't like aircon. That was built originally for me.

Tjhank you for the information. Since you are friends with this location I would suggest that you might tell them to say they have an elevator. I could find no mention of it on their web site, and I hate climbing stairs.

Oliver
March 8th, 2013, 18:25
After more than forty visits, one thing I particularly appreciate is the way in which the hotel is being continuously improved. Every time I return I see a change- last time it was new and improved wifi in the rooms.

Neal
March 8th, 2013, 18:54
Very good idea Khor Tose and I have forwarded your suggestion.

Maxxy
March 9th, 2013, 07:56
Having just booked my mid year trip I have decided to spend a few nights in Pattaya and am booking with the Ambiance not just because of the location but the views by members here and on other boards have swayed my choice to that hotel, this will be 3 nights of firsts for me but I will post all about that when it happens.

RatThai
March 9th, 2013, 08:55
Maxxy we will all join on the terrace for a drink and watch the boys go buy followed by parties of curious Chinese, Korean and I think Japanese who appear not to believe their eyes. Then a party of mixed gender Russians who appear to disdain everyone in BT and then finger point at people and comment in Russian and try to enter Funny Boys or Toy Boys but without wanting to buy drinks. Not that I am prejudice or anything.

Oliver
March 9th, 2013, 15:35
The crocodiles of bewildered Koreans have been a feature of Boyztown for a decade- but are much rarer than they used to be.
I didn't see any mixed gender groups when I was there in January and February....certainly not at Ambiance. I saw a couple of bar girls collecting their ID cards. I didn't mind.

a447
March 9th, 2013, 15:44
Yes, I also ran into some bar girls waiting for the lift, but as we are all playing the same game, it didn't bother me.
I would have been more concerned had it been a hetero couple.

I've run into lots of Koreans and Chinese guys in Pattaya, but very few Japanese guys. I think they stay in BKK because they prefer the sex shows. They tend to be with their boyfriends/girlfriends and I've never seen one leave a bar with a boy.

goji
March 10th, 2013, 22:02
Correct; there is no problem with noise. The parties were a "one-off"...or rather a "three-off" and the only effect they've had on me is to persuade me to keep away in January.
Exactly. I like to decide when to sleep myself.

bruce_nyc
March 10th, 2013, 22:42
I recommend the Ambiance 110%.

I won't stay anywhere else when in Pattaya. Not even the Hilton....

I send all my best friends to stay there too. I tell them, that's the only place to be.

The quality of the rooms, the service, the attention to detail, and when you have a special request or a special need --- no matter how seemingly strange --- they jump to serve you and they complete the task with excellence. The fact that the food is also the best, is just the icing on the cake. We can't find anyplace in anywhere near the price-range that has better Western AND Thai food.

Micheal and Marcus are the best. On my last trip there, I told the owner that he has two gems in Michael and Marcus, the managers.

Nothing against the other places, really... But Ambiance raises the bar when it comes to quality, service, attention to detail, and value for the dollar.

frequentflier
March 13th, 2013, 12:04
I have stayed there a few times but there are better places.last time I noticed there were straight couples staying there which surprised me.Prefer LCR.

a447
March 13th, 2013, 15:21
Bruce, you just about said it all.
I won't stay any where else now when in Pattaya.

Up2U
March 14th, 2013, 08:40
Well there certainly are a lot of Ambiance fans posting here. There is a lot of positive things to say about the Ambiance and especially if they want to be in the heart of the action. I have stayed at Ambiance many many times over the years but not recently as I have retired here. In those days there were not many options for the gay traveler, unlike today. But to mention the Hilton and the Ambiance in the same breath?... not hardly. The Ambiance is what it is, a cozy 3* star hotel in the heart of BT for people traveling on a budget. Very small rooms which is a problem since I am not a petite person, no carpeting in rooms or hallways so sound is transmitted easily and that doesn't count the noise coming from the club until 1-2 in the morning. Then there is the hallway noise from people being inconsiderate, slamming doors, talking loudly, etc. at all hours of the night. One reason I stopped staying there, no smoking rooms. My room reaked with smoke even though I asked for non-smoking. I suggest people might try someplace different like the Mosaic just to get out of their rut.

timmberty
March 14th, 2013, 22:06
i find it quite strange that someone who has visited pattaya on just 2 occasions is telling the world he has found the only place worth visiting ...
surely you would need to visit the rest of the establishments before you become an expert ??

atri1666
March 15th, 2013, 13:53
There are places much more worth visiting.

TravellerDave
March 16th, 2013, 12:51
I have Stayed at the Ambiance a couple of times now and find it to be An excellent 3* hotel. For exercise I like swimming but there is no pool. This is not a problem for me as I join the Tony Sport World where there is a large one together with the gym facilities.
One feature of the Ambiance which always confuses me in the first couple of days is its maze like layout. There is a lift and several stair cases. I find myself wandering about trying to locate my room especially after a beer or three. It isn't just me that as this problem. I contacted a boy on GR who agree to join me in my room. Reception phoned announcing his arrival and I told them to send him up. 5 minutes later he hadn't appeared and my phone rang with the boy saying he couldn't locate me and I had to go looking for him.

Neal
March 16th, 2013, 13:25
The reason for the maze is that The Ambiance was slowly combined and joined together from three seperate shop houses.

anonone
March 16th, 2013, 18:54
Very true about the "maze". BF would come in the room a couple of times laughing because he got lost trying to find our room.

I didn't seem to have much of a problem, but maybe just got lucky. We have only stayed once at Ambiance, but enjoyed it and I am sure we will be back at some point.