View Full Version : Alcazar

Surfcrest
March 6th, 2013, 23:00
I recall many years ago with my first visits to Pattaya, going to see the World Famous Alcazar show. Back then the show seemed so much bigger, almost bigger than life with their elaborate sets, stunning gowns, costumes, tight choreography and the professional way they brought you in, ushered you out and got ready for the next back to back shows.

In so many ways, nothing has changed and while they claim the show to be bigger and better than any show before...it truly is not. We used to enjoy the palapa restaurant out in the parking lot before it went up in flames several years back. This sort of made going out to the show an event you could enjoy with friends. Us Americans and Canadians used to make up a big part of the crowd, but now it's as though the crowd is anything but....and again this is a direct reflection of who makes up the Pattaya and indeed Thailand tourist demographic. Russians, Koreans, Mainland Chinese, Thais and even a group of Vietnamese tourists made up the audience I was a part of last night. The show still highlights the main tourist groups in the music and sets, ending in an elaborate Russian set with the Kremlin in the background. The other sets seemed a little tired with the troop for the most, going through the motions. In between set changes, Alcazar fell back on the same old short sets with the big boob burlesque girl, the half man / half woman ( the spot lighting was a mess) and some weak short sets with the girls vaguely lip sincing.

Clearly, the show needs a make over or a new breathe of energy to bring back the magic that it nice was. Having been to Tiffany's a few years back...I was even more disappointed with the lack luster show.

Tickets start at 500 baht for regular admission and 800 baht for VIP in the front rows. There were plenty of VIP seats left empty for our performance, while the regular seating area was pretty much full. After the show, as always they usher you out into the parking lot for a pay per photo opportunity with the girls. A photo with one starts at 40 baht and with two 80 (don't quote me on that, I gave her 100 for a photo with each of us while I was changing the camera settings back to outdoor mode from where I had the camera set for the indoor performance moving and under the spot lights).

Surfcrest

bruce_nyc
March 8th, 2013, 03:12
There's going to be a new ( third ) show in town soon....

It's called, "Colosseum Show - Pattaya"

It should be amazing. Someone I know is going to be in it.

I'm not sure when it opens.... Possibly around the April or May timeframe, I think.

March 8th, 2013, 03:45
After my first part of my trip i then go to Pattaya for the rest....have to check it out ....i've allready done Tiffany..was going to go to Alcazar but herd its not so good now