PDA

View Full Version : Singapore accomodation

vanek333
March 6th, 2013, 13:42
Hi everyone, we are traveling to Singapore May 7th for 4 nights, could be more. We are looking for what Singapore guys feel is a good hotel, you know close to gay Singapore, nice and clean, pool a must, and somewhere where bringing someone back is not a huge issue. All feed back most welcome, also is there things we sould truley see while there? not just the touristy things. Cheers Guys

Beachlover
March 6th, 2013, 19:46
Singapore's like a third home for me...

good hotel, you know close to gay Singapore, nice and clean, pool a must
There's no specific "gay Singapore" but there are a lot of gay bars, clubs (PLAY, Taboo), day spas and other businesses around Chinatown so that might be where you want to stay.

Unfortunately, there's no hotels fitting your criteria there... It's all small boutiques. No big hotels. Only thing I could suggest is the New Majestic Hotel, which is a fairly high end boutique. Nice but the pool there is quite small.

I used to stay there a lot but then I grew out of the budget boutiques and decided it was better to stay in a better hotel elsewhere and just cab it to Chinatown when I wanted to go clubbing there. You're never more than a 10-15 min cab ride from there.

If you're after a nice pool, you can't go past the Fullerton Bay Hotel or Marina Bay Sands... The former is better quality and a much nicer hotel. The latter is definitely more spectacular but feels a bit mass market.

somewhere where bringing someone back is not a huge issue
I've never had a problem bringing someone back in any hotel Singapore and have stayed in the wide range of hotels in there, from your cheap budget boutiques like Hotel1929 to your more pricey ones like the Fullerton Bay Hotel. It's not an issue there or anywhere...

is there things we sould truley see while there? not just the touristy things.
Singapore nightlife is awesome... have happy hour drinks at Emerald Hill (off Orchard Rd) bars, check out the nightclubs around Clarke Quay and St James Power Station, New Asia Bar at the Swissotel. 1-Altitude is this insanely high rooftop alfresco bar and nightclub, always great music there (rare for rooftop bars, which usually just rely on having a nice view). Definitely go to Zouk Nightclub.

As for what to do during the day... Depends what you're after. If I'm not working, I just hang around the pool or meet up with friends. There's so many nice eateries, cafes and bars in Singapore. But really, it comes down to what you're after... shopping, eating or whatever.