PDA

View Full Version : The X on a Post

kjun12
March 1st, 2013, 10:52
I've been told that repeating yourself is one sign of mental illness. :hello2: Khun12 the x at the top will erase a message you don't want.
I must suffer from some illness because I can't find the x you are referring to. Where is it?

Khor tose
March 1st, 2013, 10:56
I've been told that repeating yourself is one sign of mental illness. :hello2: Khun12 the x at the top will erase a message you don't want.

I must suffer from some illness because I can't find the x you are referring to. Where is it?
After a period of time you can no longer edit or delete. Look at your last message as it still should be there next to report symbol, the quote and and edit button.

kjun12
March 1st, 2013, 11:54
After a period of time you can no longer edit or delete. Look at your last message as it still should be there next to report symbol, the quote and and edit button.
For some reason that x does not show up even though the other buttons do. I will ask Boss about this.

Neal
March 1st, 2013, 12:06
If it is OVER 8 hours the edit or delte buttons will not appear on your page as we do not allow edit or deletes after 8 hours.

Khor tose
March 1st, 2013, 15:27
If it is OVER 8 hours the edit or delte buttons will not appear on your page as we do not allow edit or deletes after 8 hours.

Thanks Neal,l i never knew what the time limit was. However, he was only away one hour so not sure what is going on if he has no "X"

Neal
March 1st, 2013, 15:36
Well then he has to send me a print screen of what he is looking at on a recent post not over 8 hours and we will take look at it.

Khor tose
March 1st, 2013, 16:23
Neal, my "x" disappeared in a less then one hour. Think the time has been reset somewhere/somehow.

Neal
March 1st, 2013, 16:29
I will send this on to Stan right away and check it out and get back to you.

Neal
March 1st, 2013, 17:38
I think i have fixed it. Check it out please

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2013, 03:54
Neal, my "x" disappeared in a less then one hour. Think the time has been reset somewhere/somehow.

If someone else replies to the thread, the "x" will disappear from your post. You can only delete your post if it's the most recent one in the thread.

Neal
March 4th, 2013, 05:54
You sure bout that CD?

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2013, 08:34
Pretty sure, yep. Let's test with this.

EDIT: It's only been a little over 4 hours since my post above, and the X is gone, although I can still edit it. Have an X on this post though, but I bet if someone replies really quick, it'll immediately disappear.

March 4th, 2013, 08:54
Is the X still there ?

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2013, 08:56
And it's gone!

So yeah, you can only delete your post if it's the most recent in the thread.

March 4th, 2013, 09:01
I will check and see what can be done. It may be one of the items that can not be changed in the software.

cdnmatt
March 4th, 2013, 09:06
I don't know, to each their own, but I think it's a good thing you can only delete the most recent post in a thread. Otherwise, conversations could get a little confusing if people are deleting 8 hour old posts, after several more replies to the thread have been added.

Khor tose
March 4th, 2013, 09:08
I don't know, to each their own, but I think it's a good thing you can only delete the most recent post in a thread. Otherwise, conversations could get a little confusing if people are deleting 8 hour old posts, after several more replies to the thread have been added.

I agree.

March 4th, 2013, 09:09
I agree but I would still like to know if the option is there.

Neal
March 4th, 2013, 14:37
Just got home and will email Stan. I would like to ask people something. Someone suggested that 8 hours is too long and to bring it down to 2 hours like GB. What do you think? PM me or post.

timmberty
March 4th, 2013, 21:22
i think being able to delete posts after they have had replies is a bit daft .. things that may not be off topic can all of a sudden be all over the place .. best left alone if you ask me .. best left alone even if you dont ask me.

cdnmatt
March 5th, 2013, 05:00
Just got home and will email Stan. I would like to ask people something. Someone suggested that 8 hours is too long and to bring it down to 2 hours like GB. What do you think? PM me or post.

Personally, I think 8 hours is too long. Considering the activity level of this board, I'd say 2 hours is pretty fair, and maybe even 1 hour would be better. Editing posts should only be for typos, corrections, to add / change small parts here and there, etc. It shouldn't be for having a 6 hour nap, then waking up to decide you didn't actually mean what you said, then completely editing the original contents. That's just not how human conversations / interaction works.