PDA

View Full Version : Club One Seven

vanek333
March 2nd, 2013, 08:23
OK Heres the last of the accommodation questions, does anyone have any feedback on Club One Seven

March 2nd, 2013, 09:52
Do a Search for Club One Seven in this forum..... Looks like they had some major flood damage last year. Repaired yet?

I'm old, not at all agile, so here's what I wrote:

Posted: Mon 20 Sep, 2010 3:18 am
I certainly don't want to discourage anyone from staying at Club One Seven Chiang Mai. Judging by the gym and sauna facilities, it would be ideal for guests under 50. But, I'm old and much more suited to the comfort and convenience that I would find at a Holiday Inn where furnishings and fittings are standardized.

Any "Thai style" establishments are likely to have rooms with flooring of 2 or more (unexpected) levels, doors that don't quite close properly, dim lighting, wardrobes/armoires not originally designed for clothing storage, lack of a comfortable computer table and chair, no upholstered seating, and bathrooms that are somewhat challenging to use.

If you've tried Sugar Hut in Pattaya or Baan --?-- in Samui, you'll know what I mean. Exceptions would be (more expensive) places like Rabbit Resort in Pattaya or Tamarind in Chiang Mai, which have the Thai Style look combined with modern functionality.

Adding: Club One Seven is a bit out of the way. The only (gay) thing within walking distance is the massage place (OneTwoCome?). But I do want to stress the fact that when I visited the Club, I really enjoyed the friendliness & helpfulness of the staff. And the hotel does offer free XXX video on their in-house TV channel. My little Thai friend was rock hard in an instant when we discovered that. :-)

Khor tose
March 2nd, 2013, 13:05
Do a Search for Club One Seven in this forum..... Looks like they had some major flood damage last year. Repaired yet?

Yes

BonTong
March 2nd, 2013, 15:21
The only (gay) thing within walking distance is the massage place (OneTwoCome?).
There are several other massage places all within a ten minute walk of Club one Seven too:

* His Club
* Blues Club
* Heaven
* Sixty Nine Club
* Victory Massage

http://www.gayinchiangmai.com/News/chiang-mai-gay-scene-guide/gay-massage-parlours-and-spas-in-chiang-mai/

March 2nd, 2013, 15:29
I see I should have said, "Within MY walking distance" (about 200 metres/yards). :crybaby:

BonTong
March 2nd, 2013, 15:52
I see I should have said, "Within MY walking distance" (about 200 metres/yards). :crybaby:
If it's any consolation I always thought One 2 Come was one of the best. Not least for the name :8(

paulo15
March 2nd, 2013, 16:39
Hi,
If we are talking about the Chiang Mai one, I stayed there last november over a weekend. I thought it was overpriced and the rooms tatty. The riverside terrace is nice but in the evening it's mossie central. Food was ok and the sauna/gym/etc. was certainly very busy on the Saturday. Staff are very nice and helpful but the area doesn't have a lot going on. There are much nicer places to stay imo in Chiang Mai offering much better value. I'd stay elsewhere and visit the sauna if that's your thing.

March 2nd, 2013, 21:24
Me and my bf stayed there in 2011....nice place....great staff....but its out of the way...had to get tuk,tuks all the time

vanek333
March 3rd, 2013, 02:28
Thank you all so much for the help you have extended to us through this site, you are all wonderful people and if your friendlyness anything to go by our stay in Chiang Mai is going to be one of the best, Thank You

thrillbill
March 3rd, 2013, 11:29
I am in good shape (50) and my Thai bf is 40yr-of course looking younger. We stayed at Club One Seven in Changmai the summer of 2011, before the flooding that fall. I liked it but he didn't care for thej dark "old" Lana rooms. Being a Westerner, I like it; for, I am looking for something different and origingal from the typical Western hotel chains. I liked the gym, pool, and the tranquility. Great staff also. But for fun saunas, we found the House of Male more fun. The other thing we didnt like was that what we liked about night time clubbing and such was far but we took a tuk tuk to get there. Club One Seven is on the edge of the main city. There is no restaurant at the resort, so you have to walk to the Holiday Inn for something to eat. I liked the resort, but can get boring after a couple days since it is not close to cafes, shops, and night spots. (It is located in the Moslem section of town.)