PDA

View Full Version : Cock or Van, Best Kept Secret in Pattaya

March 1st, 2013, 18:17
I have been going to what must be the best French Restaurant in Pattaya for many years, even though they are full most nights, they don't need any publicity I know, but unless I've missed it don't ever see any mention of it on the Forums.

They have quite a few LAMB favourites especially their version of the 5 hour lamb stew which is amazing, you can bring your own wine or their wine list is wonderful, jose the owner is just as you would imagine a French brasserie to be.

Au Bon Coin,
Is Set in wood like grounds , hidden away inbetween Sois 5 & 6 Pratumnak hill.

Give it a try phone first or your be disappointed but when you get there your be glad you did and as you know it has to be good before I say so, let us know soon what you think, but remember its a well kept secret I know I can trust you.

http://www.auboncoinpattaya.com/food_wine.htm

Ps

What ever you do don't ask for mushrooms :dontknow:

sclivejames
March 1st, 2013, 18:41
You Sir.............are a LEGEND ! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

cdnmatt
March 1st, 2013, 19:08
Oh geez, and here we go again with the best kept secrets, and the multiple accounts he talks to himself with.

sclivejames
March 1st, 2013, 19:11
Well ok Matt ....You too Matt are a ..........................legend !

timmberty
March 2nd, 2013, 01:22
it must be me .. but i have no time for fancy resturants and the like .. give me a nomal place anyday ..
as long as its not dirty and there are no rats about its fine ..
i prefer food thats put on a plate to be eaten .. not to be looked at .. most of the time you look at it and wonder where the fuck the food is !!!

francois
March 2nd, 2013, 04:05
The food at Au Bon Coin is designed to be eaten and not just looked at and plenty of it to eat. Down-to-earth as the French would say! Always enjoyable to dine and wine there especially on a special occasion such as a birthday or other anniversary.

It is tricky to find this restaurant. Remember 69; up Pratumnak Rd to a left on Soi 6 and then a right on Soi 9. Soi 9 is difficult to find; there is a sign high up on a pole with "9" and easy to miss at night. Very close to Soi 9 ( I recall just past soi 9) is a convenience store. Once on Soi 9 the restaurant sits back from the road, on the right, and also easy to miss. Usually there will be cars parked on the soi which is an indicator. Also an attendant is nearby the road.

Dodger
March 2nd, 2013, 22:36
LMTU...

Thanks for the tip.

I've never evan heard of this place and I travel up-and-down the Hill frequently. I'll have to give it a try when I return.

Much appreciated.

Manforallseasons
March 2nd, 2013, 23:19
Oh geez, and here we go again with the best kept secrets, and the multiple accounts he talks to himself with.

After a PM exchange I had with Neal Im not sure what the policy is on this board for the use of multiple screen names. :dontknow:

Neal
March 3rd, 2013, 00:13
And why would you not know what the rules are? The rules are quite clear and that is that multiple handles or usernames are not permitted but not when either of you say that there is a member with multiple usernames but after a proper check by an Administrator or moderator feels that there is a violation and when there is time to check out your report.

cottmann
March 3rd, 2013, 09:39
The headline is intriguing but I have difficulty taking seriously a restaurant review by someone who can't spell "coq au vin," and who mistakes a restaurateur for a brewery (or "brasserie").

Neal
March 3rd, 2013, 09:46
Well that was one of the few tposts that LMTU got in under his second chance offe and seems he was tlking about Au Bon Coin restaurant which although I have never been there yet have heard many people sy that this place was a great place to dine. This coming from people with high as well as low budgets.
Check them out.

francois
March 3rd, 2013, 10:55
The headline is intriguing but I have difficulty taking seriously a restaurant review by someone who can't spell "coq au vin," and who mistakes a restaurateur for a brewery (or "brasserie").

In this case, I think that LMTU was just playing with words "cock or van" = "coq au vin".

The word "brasserie" is actually used by the owner, Jose, in his description of his establishment, " ambiance de brasserie" & "cuisine de bistro" meaning pub/tavern/inn. If you look at the picture posted by LMTU you will see these words . The drawing of the man with the beard is the owner, Jose.

lonelywombat
March 3rd, 2013, 11:05
I agree re the poor wording of the subject. LMTU cannot spell.

My experience was the new owner might have been in the kitchen before. Perhaps a chef?

He seemed to know a lot about the food and impressed me. He seems to making a good job of it.

What can you expect when your food costs is one third of another's prices.

Dodger
March 3rd, 2013, 15:28
cottmann wrote:

The headline is intriguing but I have difficulty taking seriously a restaurant review by someone who can't spell "coq au vin

I bet you don't know how to spell the word for "oral-anal sex" but found a way to take it seriously.

"Anilingus"

Neal
March 3rd, 2013, 15:48
I went searching for Au Bon Coin today in the daylight and found it. It is not an easy find especially at night. If you look for a large sign for Russian restaurant Romanasia make a right there and it is just past that. Parking on the street. Now speaking of that Russian restaurant I see so many of my Russian favorite foods and some regular things and a Thai selection that I need to go there and try it out. Beautiful looking from the outside and will defintely give them both a try soon.

ikarus
March 3rd, 2013, 21:57
I have never been there. Would I need a car?

francois
March 3rd, 2013, 22:09
Yes, by car is the most practical way. Although you could go my motorbike if you drive or motorbike taxi. The return would be more difficult although I recall motorbike taxi stands on Soi 6 which is not far from the restaurant.

Neal
March 3rd, 2013, 22:19
I guess you could also always get the phone number of the motorbike taxi that dropped you off and tell him about how long you will be inside.

Neal
March 3rd, 2013, 23:06
Picked up a color flier from Romanasia. 395 baht 3 course menu from 12 am til 4 pm.

ikarus
March 5th, 2013, 09:01
Thanks Francois and Neal for useful tips.