PDA

View Full Version : Information needed: girlie bars (yuck!)

Marsilius
May 31st, 2006, 03:18
I have been to Thailand on about 40 visits since 1993 so am quite familiar with how the system for offing boys works. But later this year I will be taking a straight male friend with me. It is his first visit and I have promised to take him to one or more girlie bars.

AS girls are of no sexual interest to me, I am a complete novice in this respect. Can anyone enlighten me as to how the system there works? Is it exactly the same as in a boy bar (ask the mamasan to get one over to talk; talk and/or negotiate; pay "off" fee; take out)? Is the etiquette of the transaction any different? What about the sort of open air beer bars you get along Beach Road in Pattaya? Does the system work in the same way with the girls behind the bar there?

What about fees? Comparable to a boy's? More? Less?

Any information (not on where the bars are - I know that - but how the offing system works) will be greatly appreciated so as to avoid possible embarrassment.

Jetsam
May 31st, 2006, 03:35
I'm no expert on girly bars either, but what I understand the price for drinks is lower and the off fee is higher.
The girls in the open beer bars are cheaper to off about 300 baht and demand a lower tip. don't ask me why , just what I read

sing_lofty_sing
May 31st, 2006, 04:19
I use girly bars a lot. The beer bars are by far the most common place to go for the girls, and normaly charge you bht 150 for an off so thats cheaper than offing a boy for a start.
The girlie gogos are somthing else thou. The off fee can range from bht 200 up to about 600bht, depending on the area and gogo you use. But in the girl gogo bars you do get the girls all dancing and not just standing still or doing the boys 2 foot shuffle. So more entertainment there for a start. Beers are always cheaper in the girl gogo bars too. Look at the boards they always hold up out front.
Never had any Mamasans come up to me in a girl bar as i dont think they have them.
I think your friend will enjoy himself there, and maybe you will too.

bucknaway
May 31st, 2006, 06:03
For information on the gogo bars and the "straight" scoop, you can have a look at www.thaianxiety.com/ (http://www.thaianxiety.com/)

lonelywombat
May 31st, 2006, 06:08
You might care to pose this question to the deviant straight board
http://www.pattaya-chat.com/

They are much more frank than this board, and even have a forum for those straight men?
who like big cock ladyboys

May 31st, 2006, 07:17
On one occasion, a set of very nice young ladies managed to lure me into a girly bar. It was early, I had time to kill, it was hot and a drink seemed about right. The girl bars open earlier than the boy bars.

The bar had a few American sailors chatting up the girls. It was Cobra Gold time. There were a few girls sort of dancing and the rest sitting around. Much to my embarrassment, I became more interesting than the sailors. Guess an old guy who looks like he has money is a better business prospect than a sailor.

I picked an older girl to buy a drink and chat with. We actually had a great talk. Once I finished my drink, I gave her a small tip and headed off to a bar with boys.

The girly bar worked just like a boy bar and, the drink prices comparable to a boy bar. I have no data on the off fees. That is research I will not do.

I am sure your friend will have a great time, once he is engaged, sneak off to a bar with some nice boys.

May 31st, 2006, 12:22
... visited one girly bar some time ago, a gogo bar on the same soi as Wild West Bar (The num I was taking off at the time had a friend who worked there and I also took with me another boy for companionship for the first). As we entered the waitress got us to our seats but was pushed aside by the mamasan who turned out to be 'the friend' of my boy.

The dancers were more energetic than the boy gogo's and they had less of a costume. Where the boys have the traditional undies, normally white, the girls were all dressed in what may be their own clothes, but this could still constitute some kind of costume as they all had skimpy crop tops or bra's and tight fitting shorts. The dancing, as I said was energetic and suggestive and the odd girl would occassionally lift her top to show her boobs, this was usually accompanied by a screeching plea of 'one drink for me' to any farang looking her way.

As far as I am aware, offing works the same way and you speak with the mamasan but the tips may be less. I recently overheard one farang at a coffee shop talking about the girl he offed and saying she was not happy with the Bt500 tip he was going to give her, so he dropped it to Bt400 and told her if she didn't accept it, next time it would be Bt300. She took it. This could have been a very cheap farang or a vary cheap girl?

Not something I am keen to do again but the boys I took, both more puu chai than gay, enjoyed ogling the girls.

May 31st, 2006, 15:56
A Thai friend told me the tip for girls was much higher than for boys (2,000 short and 3,000 long minimum). True or not, I don't know.

I am envious that the girly bars are open so much earleir than the boys bars.

Pete

May 31st, 2006, 16:02
as a hard worker who has been down on their luck I often workd in bars as a "hostess" and I can asure you, your straught friend will work it all out for himself in minutes...just as you did in the boys bars.

take a ping pong bat with you.

May 31st, 2006, 16:29
take a ping pong bat with you.

hahaha......... been there - done that! the goldfish routine still gets me though!

jolyjacktar
May 31st, 2006, 20:42
I dont know who told you the fee for a girly was 2-3 K Pete but theyre wrong there. On my last trip i offed a girl and she thought it great that i gave her bht1000 a day for the 3 days i took her for. I was also paying the boy that too. I somtimes like a boy and girl with me in the bed. All you land lubbers that turn your nosses up at girls then your pretty backward thinking. I love girls but dont always want to sleep with them or if i do then on the other side of the bed is also my boy. OHHHHH such joys of Thailand.

June 1st, 2006, 00:30
why even go to a girl bar? The girls are every where....I see plenty of free lance girls hanging out at Nana in BKK, and am pretty sure there will be some place like that in Pattaya where girls stand outside waiting for customers.

June 1st, 2006, 00:34
Why? Because female freelancers come with all the same risks associated with boy freelancers. That's why.

June 3rd, 2006, 09:15
Why? Because female freelancers come with all the same risks associated with boy freelancers. That's why.
what risks? you find a freelance girl, fuck with condom, pay her the agreed price, then ask her to leave.
I will say freelance guys are more risky then girls, since men can sometime be violent and threatening.

tony279760-old
June 3rd, 2006, 17:36
There's young young lady working in Peppermint Agogo who has an amazing tattoo of a seashell on her inner thigh. It's so realistic when you put your ear to it you can smell the sea.