PDA

View Full Version : Songkran photos???

May 30th, 2006, 11:08
Anyone have pictures of Songkran in pattaya? I wasn't able to make it this year and would like to see what I missed.

CHAOTOU
May 30th, 2006, 11:41
Sorry, I don't have any pictures, but I was there and it was a lot of fun. Hope to make it next year as well. I hope someone has some pictures to share with you.

Dodger
May 30th, 2006, 17:38
Sorry also luvthai,

I shot over 2 hours of additional footage of Songkran this year on my camcorder...but no still shots.

I've been pushing the "on" button on the camcorder for the past 2 years with plans to create a fully edited set of DVD's on "Thai Culture". The finished film will include a section on "Songkran" as filmed in Changmai, Phrae, Uttaradit, Bangkok, and of course our beloved Pattaya. I plan to make this DVD Set available to all our members when completed. I'm hoping for early July.

mai pen rai

May 30th, 2006, 17:48
Six hours of water throwing and shrieking. I, for one, can't wait.

May 30th, 2006, 23:36
cant believe i been there 26 times and never seen this great event. Maybe next year!

Surfcrest
June 1st, 2006, 02:55
I planned to take my camera out during Songkran in Pattaya.

Unfortunately the amount of water being thrown around made it difficult to be close enough for any decent shots, while keeping your camera dry. Putting it in a water tight bag may work for transport, but if you are actually using it to take Songkran photos the likelyhood that it will get drenched / wet / or the shot ruined by water is quite high.

Yes there were some hotties out there taking part in the water throwing and plenty of shiney brown skin to be seen. This year was as much as I've ever had of it and that was enough. I enjoy going out in the evening and it would be nice to use a baht bus at night without getting soaked. The farangs in the outdoor pubs along 2nd and Beach Roads just don't know when to stop.

I've heard Songkran is special up country.

Surfcrest