PDA

View Full Version : The Jomtien Complex ,

sclivejames
February 23rd, 2013, 14:40
Anyone have any report of the Jomtien Complex,I was there a few days ago,noticed a few changes,one new boy bar,and a new Mexican restaurant,Sam's.

Sorry I can't say positive things about that RUDE restaurant place ANTZ ,

arsenal
February 23rd, 2013, 14:51
sclivejames: If you were there why don't you post a report?

sclivejames
February 23rd, 2013, 15:09
I like to hear other reports and views as well arsenal.

Im not that good at writing reports ,but I noticed a new boy bar two doors down from Cafe Ritz.
Speaking of Cafe Ritz is it closed?

I noticed a lot of bars had "feminine" type boys,a few screeching types which are not really my thing.

Up2U
February 23rd, 2013, 15:30
I like to hear other reports and views as well arsenal.

Im not that good at writing reports ,but I noticed a new boy bar two doors down from Cafe Ritz.
Speaking of Cafe Ritz is it closed?

I noticed a lot of bars had "feminine" type boys,a few screeching types which are not really my thing.

Cafe Ritz is open; I forget what night of the week they close.

sclivejames
February 23rd, 2013, 15:55
Yes thanks Up2u,it seemed a bit dark inside cafe ritz.

I do love Jomtien and was looking at those condo's ,i think view talay 1 just above the complex.
Seems such a peaceful type area.

I do wonder though how you guys that live there get Gay Romeo boys to visit you though,must be out of there way.
I must try Sam's Mexican food,i have never had Mexican before so i guess i will have to ask what to order,this is a relatively new place at the entrance to the complex.

I notice the restaurant "Aquarius" has gone,and also next door the upmarket "touch of class",forgive me if they both have been out of business a long time i rarely go there.
None of the bars seem to be busy except the straight bars,"Two Donna" which for some reason is always very busy.

dorayme
February 24th, 2013, 08:42
Caf├й Ritz is closed on Sunday.

witchhunt
February 24th, 2013, 08:57
View Talay 1 are there condos available to purchase there. Are they one bedroom,two bedroom or studios.

dorayme
February 24th, 2013, 09:05
View Talay 1 is not located in or near the Complex. #1 is located on the other side or Theprasit next to Foodmart. View Talay 7 is located between the Complex and the beach. Condos are available in both. For 7 visit the View Talay office on Theppraya Road. Most real estate offices would have information on View Talay 1 or visit the office on the first floor of the building. View Talay 2 and 5 are much better than 1 but 1 is cheaper.

witchhunt
February 24th, 2013, 09:12
I do love Jomtien and was looking at those condo's ,i think view talay 1 just above the complex.
Seems such a peaceful type area.

dorayme I read the above comment and wondered if there might be sales. Obviously the old chap did not know what he was looking at.

sclivejames
February 24th, 2013, 09:18
Yes thanks doyrayme, The one's I can see over the complex,near Dick's appear to be "older" style buildings,this is view talay 7 is it?
I wouldn't mind a studio there,niot sure about the noise in there though by all the terrorists/tourists.

dorayme
February 24th, 2013, 09:27
I think the older buildings you see are the Jomtien Complex. The view from most units is blocked by View Talay 7 - the new building between the Complex and the beach. The buildings are about 20 years old more or less. You might want to check in the office. I would opt for View Talay 7. The good units sold before the building was built. Check in both for resales. You might want to call the number on the banners on the side of View Talay 7. Studios in View Talay 5 can be had for 2.5 M on the second floor up. The Complex towers are probably available much cheaper.

Surfcrest
March 7th, 2013, 21:54
Anyone ┬аhave any report of the Jomtien Complex,I was there a few days ago,noticed a few changes,one new boy bar,and a new Mexican restaurant,Sam's.

Sorry I ┬аcan't say positive things about ┬аthat RUDE restaurant place ANTZ ,

I eat at Antz on a regular basis, not just because it's conveniently located (only an elevator ride away) but because the food is quite good. I wrote something less than positive about Antz when they first opened a few years back, but things change, the cooks change and now the food can be quite good....especially if you like Thai food. The ga pao, the larb, the yam woon sen and the penang guy are all winners in my book....especially the penang.

As for the service, they sell both Thai and western food (european), some favorites for the many German, Dutch and French tenants living here and that also frequent the restaurant regularly. The restaurant closes at 11 PM and the kitchen closes for the western food before the Thai. I have seen a few agitated people wanting western food after the bell and seeing the kitchen still open for Thai. It would appear they start cleaning the part of the kitchen used for western food before they close the front of the kitchen, used for preparing the Thai dishes. Some might perceive this as the staff being rude, but I think it's just that they would like to go home on time. I'm quite sure they aren't the owners or that they get paid overtime.┬аI have always enjoyed a laugh or two with the girls serving and especially the cook and so don't agree that they are unfriendly.

I think the older buildings you see are the Jomtien Complex. The view from most units is blocked by View Talay 7 - the new building between the Complex and the beach. The buildings are about 20 years old more or less. You might want to check in the office. I would opt for View Talay 7. The good units sold before the building was built. Check in both for resales. You might want to call the number on the banners on the side of View Talay 7. Studios in View Talay 5 can be had for 2.5 M on the second floor up. The Complex towers are probably available much cheaper.

Yes, the twin towers are the Jomtien Complex...although we have nothing to do with the low rise complex down below anymore. Tower B is close to the road with a partially obstructed view. Tower A is on the Pattaya side and also with a partially obstructed view. The suites above View Talay 7 where I am now have no real obstruction. The office is on the 4th floor, they look after the building management and look after renting out suites by owner's choice. They do not manage sales and you will need an appointment to get through Security and the touch pads to get up to the office. If you would like to buy, you will need to visit a real estate office, one located on ground level, search on the Internet, or look at the bulletin board. All of the studio suites are 66 sq meters and face the ocean and start at about 2.2 million. The 2 bedroom suites wrap around the sides and face the sides, unless you are looking out one of the bedroom windows. Most have two bathrooms and a huge balcony. These units start at about 5 million baht.

You will probably find the studios in View Talay 7 as very small. I have only seen photos of the bigger corner suites. I believe these units rent out for double what the Jomtien Complex suites go for. If you Google View Talay 7, you will see plenty of sales, rentals, photos etc...Many face east and get strong sun in the morning, others west and get afternoon sun. I'm not sure what kind of breeze they'd get from the sea. Again...plenty of information is available online and from what I can see...plenty of vacancies.

Surfcrest

be true
April 3rd, 2013, 12:46
I went to Antz for a meal and it was quiet ' full house' when I was there.
I disagree with you that the workers there are rude. I think you should first check yourself if you are actually being rude in the first place.