PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to George?

sclivejames
February 23rd, 2013, 02:32
Does anyone here recall George who use to post on here,i think even moderate for a while?

George was a singer,and I used to listen to his CD music on the web to go to sleep and thinking.

If we recall George was arrested in Sunee back in 2009 0r 2010? aND SERVED i THINK OVER 1 year in a Thai jail until he was found not guilty.

I wont mention the alleged crime but Im sure you know.

I was very interested in his 'mental toughness" and I believe he was 67yo at the time.
He said he would tell the drama's one day but never got around to it ,it seems.
He successfully sued a newspaper.
Apparently if he had pleaded guilty he would of served less but maintained his innocence.

Im more interested in how he survived mentally in there.

Neal
February 23rd, 2013, 03:46
The last news I heard about George was that he and Elephantspike had worked out a deal to buy this board. Elephantspike told me the deal fell through and he then entered into negotiation with me lthough George stated that Elephantspike did not contact him. Who knows anyway yes he was found not guilty and went somewhere, I think New zealand? He made few posts and then disappeared.

sclivejames
February 23rd, 2013, 03:49
NZ ? Are you sure,I do recall he was from the UK?
Or are you not being serious ? :dontknow:

I appreciate if he would pm me though if he doesn't want to post on here.

Neal
February 23rd, 2013, 03:55
Hey since the stroke my mind plays tricks on me but I really thought it was NZ.

sclivejames
February 23rd, 2013, 04:04
mmmmmm ok,well it is alleged he was awarded a lump sum from a British newspaper that was found to have "defamed" him so good on him.
I imagine he would be close to 70 by now so I hope he is ok.
Im not sure if he's banned from entering Thailand but it would be good to hear from him to find out,I imagine understably he's very bitter about the legal system.

"George Gibbs' alibi was however watertight. He produced his passport to show he was out of the country at the time of his alleged offences with an under aged boy. " http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2011/11/ ... d-sex.html (http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2011/11/pattaya-briton-accused-of-child-sex.html)

I recall he was a mod on here ,didn't know he was bidding for the board though .

I didn't know him personally,but I recall he sang in bars and had a few CD'S made,of course im going back 2009 in Sunee plaza i think,does anyone remember?
I remember there was posters on this board who had already found him guilty which i suppose is understable because people believe the law is right,trouble is we are not dealing with a Western system.
Im not sure of the circumstances of his case.

I for one certainly cannot imagine being arrested for such a crime and spending 12 months on remand awaiting to prove your innocence,especially in a Thai jail.
How horrendous would that be? You certainly would find out who your true friends are wouldnt you?

Hopefully he will come out with the real story and print it on this board,George if your reading or anyone can contact him,I would appreciate if you could message me.

There are many on here im sure who would like to know how you coped.I hope you found peace and forgiveness.

Im sure some of you here have visited a Thai jail,certainly not nice places.