PDA

View Full Version : Krazy Dragon

sclivejames
February 19th, 2013, 14:43
About 2 week's ago I had a ...now former...friend come to Thailand and we went off to Sunee Plaza.
We did go into Krazy Dragon Go Go/male dance club.

We were the only 2 to go in and the 6 boys were sitting around as we went in but quickly got up as we sat down.
Drinks were 150 baht and I spoke briefly with the "newish" owner an American guy possibly 60ish or little less,newly retired from his job.
He was from Washington DC .

He told me he relied on tourists to survive not expats/residents.
I gathered he wasn't over keen on resident types.
I didn't dare tell him I survived on a disability support pension of 40k a month,however my friend was a tourist and he was paying.
But he seemed friendly enough without being intrusive,in fact it was me that approached him,not the other way around.

Anyway some boys came over just as the "old KD system" to show their wares in our face and I made it clear we didn't want other boys grouping around us,but I had my friend choose a boy to sit with us and he chose one for me,again drinks are 150 baht same price,and we had the other boys move on.
The boys were quite nice looking,mostly man or near man types,some with tattoos.
I wasn't in the mood to off a boy so tipped him I think 80 baht ,and preferred to go home to read my books,however my friend offed a goodlooking boy and went his own way.
I have some empathy for the farang guy running this bar,obvious he must have another income to survive running this place because despite sitting there for over an hour we were the only customers and I believe this to be a Friday night.
Punter's,if I may use that word,came in looked at the boys and done a u turn.
I notice a bar nearby has less "u turn" customers due to their "psychological" tactics but this bar didn't employ those tactics so we were the only customers unfortanetely.
Overall I believe nice boys,range from 18yo to about 25yo and mostly man boys,about 6 boys in total.

anonone
February 19th, 2013, 18:23
Curious what psychological tactics you feel we're employed by another bar...?
Could you explain this please?

Thanks for the report on your KD visit.

catawampuscat
February 20th, 2013, 06:31
The newish owner had better play up to the expats. This is high season and it sounds like things are slow.
In low season, the tourists are few and far between and the expats become the main source of income for the bars.

DragonMaster
February 20th, 2013, 12:27
Normally I am trying to stay off of the boards but this post requires a little clarification.

Drinks were 150 baht
Drinks are 140 baht at the Krazy Dragon, not 150 as the OP states.

He told me he relied on tourists to survive not expats/residents
I gathered he wasn't over keen on resident types..

Wrong again! I believe what I said, but you didn't hear, was that we were trying to cater more to the Asian market and have been successful in doing so. It has nothing to do with the expats/residents who live in Pattaya. In fact, I actually know quite a few expats who live here and get input on their likes and dislikes. As many of the "experts" here have pointed out, the market is changing and bar owners who do not recognize that fact cannot survive on expats and residents alone regardless of their importance in supporting the bar. All are welcome to come in and have a good time, but the bar has to change to accommodate the market.

Anyway some boys came over just as the "old KD system" to show their wares in our face

While that may be true, what you didn't know, was that the dancers involved had their salaries cut for doing that very thing which they know is against the rules.

As far as customers coming in, looking around and doing a u-turn goes, that is their choice to do so. We don't try to hold them hostage. Perhaps they didn't see any boys who they had an interest in, or perhaps they just wanted to come in for a quick look. All of that is fine and is part of the business.

I'm sure most of you know already that high season is over and I'm happy to report that the bar is doing just fine. I expect that business will slow down some more in the coming months and that's fine and expected.

The only other thing I will say is that normally, I will not come over and visit with you when you come into the bar. I'm pretty certain that most of you didn't come into the bar with a fetish for an old bald overweight farang, however if that's the case I will be happy to discuss my price. :laughing3:

George

Neal
February 20th, 2013, 14:22
I know George and he is a sweet guy and I am sure is doing his utmost to satisfy his customers. I wish him well but I have not been out since I left my old bar as I know you're waiting for me to cum over. Now I dont know about someone else but if the boy gets cut a wee bit for showing his wares you gotta tell me how much so I can up thier tips to compensate! :snorting: :sign5:

February 20th, 2013, 14:30
Out of interest George is that just as your personal choice as to how you'd like the bar to run / be perceived i.e. in a non sleazy way ( if that can be considered sleaze even perhaps ) or is it more to do with it would simply cost you to much to the boys in brown should that ( usual) practice become known and you don't wish to lose what profits ( I assume) you are making to that unnecessary and never ending overhead perhaps ? I have to say to me it's a bit like going to a library and not being able to open the book to read what it's all about before borrowing it perhaps, but I know it's always been your preference of course and just wondered was there a less obvious reason other than your choice - which is of course "up to you" ?

Marsilius
February 20th, 2013, 14:51
Just to remind you, DragonMaster posted the following explanation on 14 December last year...

Yes it is true, the boys are not allowed to wave their genitals in your face on any of the tables. While you may have liked it, the majority of customers who wouldn't come to the KD did not come because of that very thing. I have told the boys that if they are sitting with a customer and the play is discreet then that is OK, but not a public showing for the whole bar to witness. I'm happy to report that business has been very good since this policy was implemented regardless of what you might read about the demise of go-go bars in Sunee on the other forum.

atri1666
February 20th, 2013, 15:35
During my 2 little parties in KD i had fun like in the good old times with my friends of staff. Not one of them is liking the new rules. I liked their funny opinions about some customers.

Up2U
February 20th, 2013, 16:09
.... we were trying to cater more to the Asian market and have been successful in doing so.

Like the DM to expand more on that. We certainly know the Asians certainly love the Bangkok style sex shows. Not to long ago I was the only farang at the Jupiter show.

Manforallseasons
February 20th, 2013, 18:31
From what I've seen and the comments I've read by the new owner of K.D. I do hope he is doing this as a hobby.

RatThai
February 21st, 2013, 03:47
I have visited Krazy Dragon a few times these past few years and always considered it unique with the table dancing. Those slit football shorts were always a turn on. My Thai friend for some reason does not like Sunsee but I think it has an edge which it different to the more "traditional"pleasures of BT. But the bars seem to come and go with indecent haste. Is there a bar there now with more masculine guys that one can enjoy, with added sleeze? :angryfire:

Brad the Impala
February 21st, 2013, 05:40
.... we were trying to cater more to the Asian market and have been successful in doing so.

Like the DM to expand more on that. We certainly know the Asians certainly love the Bangkok style sex shows. Not to long ago I was the only farang at the Jupiter show.

There is a world of difference between the choreographed show on stage at Jupiter before a large audience, and a boy waving his cock in your face for your personal
attention. Both have their merits, but are very different experiences.

Up2U
February 21st, 2013, 08:26
Agreed, but I'm not sure what he means by "successful" in catering to the Asian market. My view of the Asian market is gay Asians like sex shows, raunch, big cock shows, boys with boners, etc. just as much as the rest of us. Just wondering what special in sight he has in tapping all those gay Asians I see walking around the Sunee. For the Sunee's sake, I do wish DM success with KD as it was always been a major player in the Sunee and the area needs more successful bars and not less. For now, it appears the bar is simply a toy or hobby for the owner.

timmberty
February 21st, 2013, 22:10
i guess if you dont like a bar then you dont have to go into it ..
there are plenty more bars to choose from .. one day when it has all gone then you may have cause for complaint, but by then there will be no one to complaine to.

Krazy4thai
February 23rd, 2013, 00:42
How interested I was to read DM's comments about KD. If I understand correctly, the boys are no longer allowed to expose their junk at close quarters ie on the table top.
I read this with mixed feelings. To me that was what Krazy was about and what made it a little different from most other club/bars. On my first visit in 2011 that was what made the bar so much fun for me, however after 3 nights of 3000B bar tabs the novelty quickly wore off. I didn't stop going tho I liked the fun that I was having Obviously the boys saw me as a soft touch and indeed I fell into the role, it being my first sojourn to the LOS for a few years. The sizeable bar tabs weren't a big concern; it was the monotony of being asked to buy every boy (including the waiters) a drink every 10 minutes. Also it usually appeared I was about the only Farang who was aquainted with the practise of having a grope then slipping a 20B into the waist band of the groped , which seemed fair enough to me.
On my next visit in 2012 I didn't spend much time in KD at all because I had become fed up with the boys pestering me to buy them drinks constantly.

If as the new owner;George has reined the boys in a bit I will probably spend a bit of time there when I return in June as I like the boys and atmosphere in KD. I guess many if not most of the boys from last July,will have moved on however I do hope a couple of the "old" boys have stayed thru the regime change.

Well I guess I'll experience any changes for myself soon. :evil4: