PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay 600b off fee?

sclivejames
February 18th, 2013, 18:01
There are several bar's in Sunee now charging a 600 baht off fee,and 150 baht a drink including boy drinks.
Bar's such as "U Turn and the bar opposite I believe to be called C U Bar.

These are the bars with the partition's out the front.
As a resident the price is too excessive for me,I simply cannot afford it.

What is your opinion on this? Is the off fee to discourage the boy going off perhaps?

peeseua
February 18th, 2013, 18:22
600Baht off-fee? No.

But is that true? i really can't imagine any Sunee bar charging that much. Any one else have more news about this?

Neal
February 18th, 2013, 18:38
I would love to give my opinion but some :evil4: think that as the owner of the board I am not entitled to my own own personal opinion on a topic.

cdnmatt
February 18th, 2013, 18:41
I don't know... when was the last time the off free was raised? Anyone know?

I remember seeing posts here saying tips to the boys haven't really increased much in 10+ years. If that holds true with off fees, I'd say it's fine. Inflation can't be blamed on the bar.

I think $10 (300 baht) for a beer at some places is ridiculous, and I'd never pay it. $20 (600 baht) to off a hooker though? I don't see that as unreasonable. The bar has to source them, train them, manage them, many times feed them, and so on.

anonone
February 18th, 2013, 18:47
For those particular bars, I would not be surprised by a 600b off fee. I think you are pretty close when you indicate it is almost a preference that they NOT get off'd.

150 baht for a drink is not surprising there either....much in line with a sunee gogo bar.

February 18th, 2013, 18:52
The answer (for me) is simple.

I'd rather pay 300B than 600B but if I see a vision of loveliness in front of me I'm not going to pass him over because of an extra $10.

:party

arsenal
February 18th, 2013, 18:54
cdmatt: Train them? :salute: :drunken: :love4: :hello2:

February 18th, 2013, 18:58
cdmatt: Train them? :salute: :drunken: :love4: :hello2:

Now if I HAD to find a job in Thailand THAT"S the job I would happily apply for !!! :-) ?? do you think I would need a work visa for that or could I get away with calling it leisure time do you think ??? :-)

And to keep on topic - if he was cute and I liked him and I figured he wouldn't be a dude then yes I probably would pay the 600 baht - but lets not tell the bar owners that eh ;-) And like yourself Matt I generally dont object to the off fee whatever that might be but I DO object to the high(er) drinks prices as I just feel I'm getting ripped off and taken for a mug - so for any bar owners reading - lower drinks prices and perhaps a slightly higher off fee "appears" fairer and offends me ( and I suspect others) less just so you know.

arsenal
February 18th, 2013, 19:01
My CV is in the post. And to be honest NIrish. I think your well documented back must certainly rule you out. :laughing3:

February 18th, 2013, 19:04
Excuse me that's disability discrimination ! You can be sued for that in my country - if anything your last statement should now ensure me the job as to NOT give some poor sufferer like me a job after someone has made such a blatant discriminatory statement would just leave the employer open to a massive law suit - and aside from that when it comes to shagging I find Tramadol works wonders - right so when do I start !

Although you may have a point :-(......ok I guess I could always settle for a job share agreement - something like I do Monday Wednesday and Fridays and you do Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays ( as I need to keep my weekends free for recreational shagging - and we'll both follow the good books teaching and take Sunday off - OR if that doesn't work more just a I'll look after the blow job end of things and you can do the strenuous stuff and if and when my backs up to it I'll join in and give you a pull out sometimes :-) - see, how says I can't compromise, I ALL heart ! :-)

arsenal
February 18th, 2013, 19:12
NIrish: Ok you can have the job. The job involves a lot of practical. That means you will have to show the young and inexperienced Thai guy how to look excited and turned on while he's having noonies with a 2001b gentleman from a country where personal hygiene is considered something for women. Enjoy.
:bounce: :naka:

cdnmatt
February 18th, 2013, 19:27
cdmatt: Train them?

You know how it is... sometimes they'll just get off the bus from Nakhom Nowhere, and have no idea what they're getting themselves into. Gotta teach them a little English, some moves, how to entice customers, how to lie better usually, and all that fun stuff. :-)

February 18th, 2013, 20:34
I do hear that some bar owners offer all their new "employees" an introductory training course in "Sphincter Relaxation" completely free of charge!

:occasion9:

February 18th, 2013, 20:38
The reason they charge high Off fee is they don't want the boys to go off? they want the boys to keep you drinking and buying the boys drinks, the boys get 200 or 300 baht each time the empty their selves into your hand, its much
Better all round, these :sign12: boys can cream It all over you 5 times a night, just by thinking its easy money.

sclivejames
February 18th, 2013, 20:50
I prefer Gay Romeo,at least I don't need to sit in a boring bar paying obscene prices for a soft drink or water.
I can be relaxing in my room watching TV etc and call a boy usually for 700/800 baht.
I find sitting in a bar boring and if on the off chance a boy starts a conversation im expected to tip.

christianpfc
February 18th, 2013, 21:54
600 Baht off-fee in Sunee? That's more than most bars in Bangkok charge (500), and can only be explained that the owner does not want the boys to be offed, but instead of offending customers (well, I would be offended if I sat down and had a drink and then discovered that the boys cannot be offed) the off fee is raised.

I might pay 600 Baht off fee, but I would not go to places I know to charge 600 Baht off fee.

You have to keep in mind that the going rate at Saranrom park is 500 Baht (no drinks, no mamasans, no loud music,...) and a friend of me recently picked up boys at the railway station (Hua Lampong), two of them for 400 Baht each (plus vining and dining and cigarettes), and they were happy! Considering this, 600 Baht off fee is outrageous!

stevehadders
February 18th, 2013, 22:01
Well the price will soon be the same as in Europe.......in Warsaw possible to hire a real beaut for 50 euros for couple hours, when they get to know you , sometimes even less....an for a quickie 35/40 euros....there are no gogos naturally but beer at 5 zl, ie about 1 quid in bar not bad either......I must post on the other forum a little report when I have time

February 18th, 2013, 22:10
Yes!

You must!!

atri1666
February 18th, 2013, 22:20
January stayed in Sunee and had many offs and always paid 300 baht in several bars.
To answer your question >>> No

joe552
February 18th, 2013, 22:27
I wouldn't even pay 600 for NIrish Guy and he's VERY experienced (alledgedly) :occasion9:

February 19th, 2013, 00:19
I would be the first to concede that quantity doesn't necessarily assure quality ! :-)

dab69
February 19th, 2013, 01:05
when you work it out on a per kilo price it doesn't sound that bad,
assuming they are fresh and ripe for the picking

Neal
February 19th, 2013, 02:31
I guess the question I have since this has come up more than once is does anyone know which bar or bars are charging 600 baht for an off? As mentioned this has come up more than once time and people react to the 600 baht off fee but no one is specifically says that they did off someone and it was 600 baht or they tried to off someone and in a particular bar they were told it was 600 baht. I would hate for it to be going around without knowing where and be able to get some verification and also know if it was really more than one bar.

sclivejames
February 19th, 2013, 02:40
I' apologise if my OP may not have been clear, the bar's are U TURN and CU BAR ,both bars are pratically opposite each other.
Both bar's have the chinese type partitions in the entrance/front of bar.

Neal
February 19th, 2013, 02:45
Thank you for that information!

I like another has mentioned, maybe they are trying to keep the boys in the bar. Customers have mentioned going into bars early and the bars be lacking in boys. If you keep them inside the bars apper more full, the boys are getting tips for what they may do inside the bar, they are happy because maybe the tips are good and the bar is happy because they may sell more drinks.

latintopxxx
February 19th, 2013, 03:12
The "boy"would have to be an absolute stunner and I would have to be totally in lust to pay 600 off fee....when many a time I pay around that amount when using g/romeo or off the street/beach.....so much good Thai arse around the 500-800 mark.

joe552
February 19th, 2013, 03:16
if the off fee is 600Bt, does the boy expect a higher tip or would I be wrong in deducting the extra 200Bt or so from HIS tip?

where's the cheap charlie emoticon again? :dontknow:

February 19th, 2013, 03:35
I think youve been reading to many of Christian and Latin's posts Joe ! Shame on you ! ( I'm assuming you're joking by the way ! :-)

joe552
February 19th, 2013, 03:47
not entirely joking. I wouldn't pay 600Bt off fee (well, maybe once if I didn't know that's what the bar charged). I'm happy to spend money on alcohol (and I drink a lot when on holiday and buy bottles of whiskey for boys, but would rather my money went to the boys rather than the bar owners. Obviously, I'll pay the going rate for an off, but 600Bt? Not for me.

sclivejames
February 19th, 2013, 04:26
Of course add 300 baht to that if you were to buy a drink and a boy drink.

dab69
February 19th, 2013, 04:44
Thank you for that information!

I like another has mentioned, maybe they are trying to keep the boys in the bar. Customers have mentioned going into bars early and the bars be lacking in boys. If you keep them inside the bars apper more full, the boys are getting tips for what they may do inside the bar, they are happy because maybe the tips are good and the bar is happy because they may sell more drinks.

Doubtful that they don't have a pushy mamasan wherever it is.

latintopxxx
February 19th, 2013, 05:13
well from some of the previous posts I can only assume that good boys that was closed by the police (so I've read) has moved across the soi to CU bar....and has the same formula...if so I can vouch that the "boys"most definitely make more money in the bar ....and the mamasan...well actually a very pushy but jokingly nice guy....does a real good job of selling drinks and making sure the "boys"get their 200 - 300 bht per "shot"....will most definitely be visitying when next I'm in pats in april...love the raunchiness!!

goteed1
February 19th, 2013, 07:14
Well, that solves a little mystery for me. When I was in Sunee over New Years, I was sitting in the bar right across from CU Bar for maybe 2 or three nights, I'd sit there and have a beer or two and watch the boys at CU Bar (They were a little rougher than your average Sunnee host, think tattoos, a little muscle etc). Not one customer set foot in the place anytime I was there. One of the hosts at the bar I was in, told me the owner of the bar was considered an outsider and hadn't really made friends. Not sure if that's true, but it sure looked like they didn't want the guys offed.

atri1666
February 19th, 2013, 10:06
January i was sitting many evenings in All of Me Massage and was watching old CU bar. Saw many single customers going inside for fun but never anybody was taken off.

davidsobe
February 19th, 2013, 10:55
I would never pay 600 bahts off fee, period. Particularly when most bars charge 300.

sclivejames
February 19th, 2013, 14:10
I think bar's like this will only survive by tourist customers.
Doubt resident's such as myself surviving on a 40k pension can afford such prices.

I do wonder how such bars are making a profit after boy's salaries,rent and other deductions.
Ironically just opposite of C U BAR is the former GOOD BOYS GO GO now locked up and a sign advertising the lease is for sale.

kjun12
February 19th, 2013, 14:11
I don't know... when was the last time the off free was raised? Anyone know?
I think you are trying to say "off fee".

The bar has to source them, train them, manage them, many times feed them, and so on.
Source and train them? Not sure about that being very difficult and I thing 600 baht is too much.

a447
February 19th, 2013, 15:38
Considering I am only in LOS for a limited period for each visit, yeah, I'd pay 600 baht. But he'd have to be one of the hottest guys on the planet!

sclivejames
February 19th, 2013, 17:15
I didn't really enjoy my night out and ended up leaving a certain farang owned bar early.

The farang owner of a certain newish beer bar wouldn't leave us alone and I think filling up our drinks,(I only drink soda water)without asking us was very rude.
It's obvious they are desperate for customer's when you have to resort to this desperation,having said that there is a few farang owned bar's which I do enjoy when I go out.
Having to listen to him go on about "cheap charlie" customers was enough for me and I wanted to leave before he raced over with our "unordered' third drink.

Being greedy doesn't do you any favours when your running a bar business. You may gain 20 or 50 baht but in reality your losing far more.

latintopxxx
February 19th, 2013, 18:12
atri1666....if cu is "good boys"bar resurrected then the reason would be clear...the "boys"are making more money with their antics inside than they would being offed.

February 19th, 2013, 18:15
You must remember there many guys who want everything laid on a plate, they would never think of go Hunting for boys, I was around sarong park the other evening and found some very handsome boys the Max they want is 300 to 500 be taken it's mostly Asian customers that's what they pay.

Many guys can't be bothered to go out and find nice guys they prefew to stay in one Bar and if the boy come buy like a Japanese food conveyor belt, if they went to a bar CU Bar same owners as GOOD BOYS the want you to buy dri is in the bar so if go take them of it I my pays if they charge 60" baht

a447
February 19th, 2013, 18:25
It is not a case of "if" - it is a reincarnation of Goodboys. How do I know? Because:

a) when Goodboys was operating, the mama-san often tried to get me to go to the bar which is now called CU as I was leaving. So obviously there was a connection.

b) When I was there in January, I saw lots of ex- Goodboys guys - including the twins- working at the bar

Case closed, I think.

latintopxxx
February 20th, 2013, 02:41
LTMU...many thanks for this....I get hounded everytime I mention that "boys"can be had for way under the so called stabdard 1500 short time fee....in my vast experience I've had many under 600, even as low as 300....when crusing public spaces....

joe552
February 20th, 2013, 02:57
ah, affirmation from LMTU - how good must that feel? the actual question was about the off fee and not what the boys are paid. some of us feel that 600Bt is over the top, but would still pay the boy the "standard" fee. this is obviously about a couple of bars with a different business model - i.e. keeping the boys in the bar and therefore the custiomers and buying drinks. not for me, but up 2 you, as they say.

latintopxxx
February 22nd, 2013, 06:13
joe...!!...I have no udea who LTMU is...but all I can say is that he confirms what I experience ....there is a lot....and I mean a lot....of "boys"available around the 300 - 600 bht mark.
If you are lazy...or a newbie...sure ...walk into a gogo bar and pay all the fees....I occasionally do it when I couldn't be bothered to trawl the streets...or am pressed for time......but there is a ton of arse available at bragain basement prices if one is patient and willing to negotiate.

Diec
February 22nd, 2013, 10:46
Lets see how this adds up:

600 off fee= $20
1500 short time fee= $55
Many (for some unknown reason want to give) 100-200 for tip and taxi (they take the bus for 25 baht) = another $6
2 drinks at 150 each= $10( More if you're treating his friends)
Hotel= $50 a night
Flight= $1200 ($85 a night for 2wk stay)
=$226 a day

Fortunately like most on this board I'm very wealthy and can afford this for I love the beautiful brown skinned boys of Thailand and will never stop coming, but Thailand sure isn't what it was 10 years ago.

latintopxxx
February 22nd, 2013, 18:49
Diec...scary when you actually add it all up....fortunately I pay "boy"fees way under the 600 and 1500 mark, and am usually in Asia on business so pay nothing for the flight or at most pay for a short hop from say Indonesia, malaysia or Singapore.
Still drinks and hotels do add up but its still well worth it, still true value for the cash spent.....warm climate...love the food...love the guys even more.

sclivejames
February 22nd, 2013, 18:51
DIEC,Well,I'm happy for you that your wealthy.
But I take exception's to your statement,"like most" on this board.

I'll never forget a post from Lonely Wombat a few year's ago where he said that what he could see most expats had the "arse out of their pants' and I believe he's right.
I live on 43k a month,some live on 25k.
Maybe you mean the readers of this board that have employment,and come here on holiday's.

I won't lie to you,im not wealthy,i cannot afford 600 baht off fee plus drinks plus 1500 baht payment,I cannot afford that just like most expats that live here.
I don't know if I'd want to pay that anyway just for a less than 1 hour mechanical sex romp.of course dont forget the transport to and from your room for both you and boy add another 80-100 b for motorbike.
Is there any excitement in paying a money boy ?

latintopxxx
February 22nd, 2013, 19:35
schlivejames...dont mean to be ruel...as I dont know what circumstances led you to retire on around 1000 euros/month....but be thankful you are not in Europe as if you are struggling in Thailand ...you would be worse off in Europe......on that sort of income.
As for paying for sex...lets not go there...Neal will only ban or edit my comments...but suffice to say that yes where I'm concerned there is a lot of satisfaction in paying for sex....

christianpfc
February 24th, 2013, 21:13
(they take the bus for 25 baht)

Most Bangkok busses are 6.50 Baht to 8 Baht.

For ways to have a Thailand holiday on about 2300 Baht per day (without flight) see my latest report on expenses. And once computer and internet for my room is sorted out*, I will report how to live for 20,000 Baht per month or less in Thailand.

(*That will be a lot of reading posts over the last two months on this and other boards and blogs.)

CU and U-Turn tried to entice me to enter their bar saying they have a show (which is actually a deterrent for me), but I liked Good Boys and deplore their closing, so I might go next time.

February 24th, 2013, 21:26
The words "holiday" and "living" are of course subjective there though I assume Christian.

timmberty
February 24th, 2013, 22:55
(they take the bus for 25 baht)

Most Bangkok busses are 6.50 Baht to 8 Baht.

For ways to have a Thailand holiday on about 2300 Baht per day (without flight) see my latest report on expenses. And once computer and internet for my room is sorted out*, I will report how to live for 20,000 Baht per month or less in Thailand.

(*That will be a lot of reading posts over the last two months on this and other boards and blogs.)

CU and U-Turn tried to entice me to enter their bar saying they have a show (which is actually a deterrent for me), but I liked Good Boys and deplore their closing, so I might go next time.
christian you are a total amature .. heres a guy that makes you look like rothschild ... http://migrationology.com/2011/07/cost- ... -thailand/ (http://migrationology.com/2011/07/cost-of-living-in-bangkok-thailand/)
now thats what i call living ..

harry2
February 25th, 2013, 03:06
You must remember there many guys who want everything laid on a plate, they would never think of go Hunting for boys, I was around sarong park the other evening and found some very handsome boys the Max they want is 300 to 500 be taken it's mostly Asian customers that's what they pay.

Many guys can't be bothered to go out and find nice guys they prefew to stay in one Bar and if the boy come buy like a Japanese food conveyor belt, if they went to a bar CU Bar same owners as GOOD BOYS the want you to buy dri is in the bar so if go take them of it I my pays if they charge 60" baht

Where is Sarong Park - I've never heard of it?

February 25th, 2013, 03:10
You have to be wearing a Sarong to get in Harry, it's not your scene.

:evil4:

joe552
February 25th, 2013, 03:19
will they not allow a kilt? :occasion9:

bucknaway
February 25th, 2013, 03:49
At dreamboys last year, I took a liking to a guy on the stage and decided I would tip him the amount of a drink and the cost of an off and I did it 100 baht at a time. The host constantly asked if I wanted him to sit with me or if I wanted to off him but I didn't want to pay those prices and preferred to just give the money to the guy. I was having enough sex with other guys that I just wanted to have a fun night out and to put a smile on someone's face without the thought of paid sex complicating the night.

joe552
February 25th, 2013, 04:23
bucknaway, how long were you in the bar? did you tip the boy directly everytime you bought a drink? so did the boy get 1000bt by the end of the evenin? just wondering how that actually worked

Doug
February 25th, 2013, 04:24
Christian
I may be mistaken but I believe the show offered by CU Bar, U-Turn Bar and New Sawatdee Bar is not a show in the usual sense. I think the boys mean if you come inside behind the screen, they will be happy to show you their assets, let you play and produce a happy ending...all for a substantial tip and drinks.

bucknaway
February 25th, 2013, 04:34
I was in there for a good while and as the guy rotated around the stage I would give him a 100 baht note and I think I stopped around 1200 baht. When I went to leave the guy jumped down from the stage to talk to me before I left. I didn't talk to him on stage, I would just go up and put 100 baht in his hand or the hip of his briefs

joe552
February 25th, 2013, 05:16
thanks for explaining bucknaway

CoffeeBreak
February 25th, 2013, 06:23
Latin writes and addresses sclivejames :" I dont know what circumstances led you to retire on around 1000 euros/month".
I would agree with that, and go further. One of the main reasons why some retirees in Thailand are unhappy/ always complaining etc., is that they are living in Thailand on insufficient income. The immigration Dept make it a requirement that retirees in Thailand should have a minimum of 800,000 baht per annum. That works at over 60,000 baht per month.

Beachlover
February 25th, 2013, 06:51
One of the main reasons why some retirees in Thailand are unhappy/ always complaining etc., is that they are living in Thailand on insufficient income.
Yep... I agree and go even further to say they're unhappy/complaining because they're inept and made poor decisions in life. The fact they're living in Thailand on insufficient income is just a symptom of being a financial failure, which in itself is a symptom of poor decision making.

Neal
February 25th, 2013, 08:08
Beachie don't call it a financial failure that is crude and rude. We all can't be as wealthy as you my lord. Now as far as people living here and on 60,000 per month, yes, there are people here that are living on much less and I don't know how they bucked the system but they did OR maybe they are older and have had too many hospital and doctor bills lately and that 60,000 just went into the toilet. Thai immigration wants to see that amount of money so that you can care for yourself on a daily basis and also when you get sick but as some of us probably know, hospital bills and pharmacy bills can really damage that amount. For example my pharmacy bill every month is 30,000 baht! My hospital every month is 40,000 baht! The staff at the house giving me care is 20,000 baht. Car and rent are another 50,000 baht a month. So you can see before I even buy groceries and enjoy a boy visiting I need to clear 240,000 baht per month. Unbelievable but still less expensive than living in the USA.

sclivejames
February 25th, 2013, 09:54
One of the main reasons why some retirees in Thailand are unhappy/ always complaining etc., is that they are living in Thailand on insufficient income.
Yep... I agree and go even further to say they're unhappy/complaining because they're inept and made poor decisions in life. The fact they're living in Thailand on insufficient income is just a symptom of being a financial failure, which in itself is a symptom of poor decision making.

Well what is "insufficient" income.........either you choose to live in Australia or NZ on a Govt Pension or Thailand........I'd still be on the same income regardless.
Actualy Thailand is not the cheapest when it comes down to groceries,however .43k a month is sufficient to live on here.
You don't live on holiday mode when you live here.
40k plus per month and owning your own home is sufficient with emergency money in the bank.

CoffeeBreak
February 25th, 2013, 10:10
"43k a month is sufficient to live on here."

-well if that is the case why are you such a miserable manic depressive?!

sclivejames
February 25th, 2013, 10:15
Do you think putting down people with mental health problems is necessary?
It has nothing to do with your income.
My former Psychiatrist was situated in a City business area,near a Stock Exchange,I use to see guys with Armani suits in the waiting room.
A lot of people are sufferer's ,have you heard of organisations such as Beyond Blue?

I had to "jump through hoops' to qualify for the Disability Pension and that meant seeing umpteen Psychiatrists ,many of whom try to look for some inconsistencies to say you can work at least some hours a week,but I was a lot smarter than them. :evil4:

CoffeeBreak
February 25th, 2013, 10:30
So are you seeing a psychiatrist in Thailand? Is he or she any good? Or have you driven him around the bend yet? You are of course exhibiting multiple personalities and multiple names on this forum........

sclivejames
February 25th, 2013, 10:48
So are you seeing a psychiatrist in Thailand? Is he or she any good? Or have you driven him around the bend yet? You are of course exhibiting multiple personalities and multiple names on this forum........

Which name's am I "exhibiting" ? I have nothing to hide so if you think this is the case then either report it to the moderator or write the names i am supossed to be here.

as for the "multiiple personalities" i wont get into that.............

CoffeeBreak
February 25th, 2013, 10:55
Tell you? Let me tell you...... You don't know?! You really are a psycho...

sclivejames
February 25th, 2013, 10:58
Oh ok .......whatever :sleepy2: Becomes a bit boring after a while.
Just as a matter of interest is it a nice day today in Australia?

Getting back to the topic,I know many Lady Bars actually charge from 600 b bar fine and its standard ,except for Walking Street where I heard the bar fines/offs go up to 1500 b,yikes ! So I guess we have nothing to complain about.

a447
February 25th, 2013, 14:08
sclivejames wrote:
many of whom try to look for some inconsistencies

They would not have to look far. Inconsistencies seem to be a part of your DNA. I mean, you've only been on the board a week and already inconsistencies have appeared in your posts!

In another thread, clive wrote:
There's no fooling you a447 is there?

You're right, clive, there isn't.

Nor others either. I'm not the only one who has found your posts er....a little suspicious.

thrillbill
February 25th, 2013, 14:48
--just think, 600 baht off fee and the guy doesn't get any of it and has to negotiate a price with his customer? The ones I have seen at Sunee Plaza would have to pay ME 600 baht to take them.

Neal
February 25th, 2013, 14:55
Now who told you that they don't get any of it?

a447
February 25th, 2013, 15:26
But isn't it better to get, say, 10 percent of 400 baht often rather than 10 percent of 600 baht once in a blue moon?? Doesn't make economic sense to me.

timmberty
February 25th, 2013, 15:43
clive i wouldnt get to upset with beachlover .. he has his own mental health issues, that have been raised by many on this board several times over the years ... i think it has something to do with him being invisable !!
strange that for the last 2 years that i know of, also he has rubbished pattaya and anyone who has anything to do with it, but still pops up every now and again to tell us all again what a bunch of scumbags we are ..

sclivejames
February 25th, 2013, 15:59
oh ok this a447 is beachlover is it? I think he's after attention,he want's me to respond to him.
Reminds me of those guys who are driving a car with their music blaring and all the windows wind down and they are looking around to see if everyone is looking at them.
I'll have to put that on my " I dont get it list".

Neal
February 25th, 2013, 16:25
No, A447 is not Beachlover.

sclivejames
February 25th, 2013, 16:39
Well I guess i owe an apology to Beachlover. :salute:

February 25th, 2013, 16:40
Nobody owes an apology to Beachlover. Just the opposite.

a447
February 25th, 2013, 19:07
Clivejames wrote:
he want's me to respond to him

Well, yes.

You inadvertently outed yourself as a fraud with your post about your night out at in Boyztown. :sign5:

stuyvessant
February 25th, 2013, 19:19
--just think, 600 baht off fee and the guy doesn't get any of it and has to negotiate a price with his customer? The ones I have seen at Sunee Plaza would have to pay ME 600 baht to take them.
With all my respect, they are ALL not that bad on the Sunee? Couple of nights ago i was seeing many very attractive guys working there, definitely not minors. Boys were dancing and joking and made the atmosphere very alive. I'd say that because of them i was feeling much better on the Sunee that any time this year on BT even.

sclivejames
February 25th, 2013, 19:22
A447 you keep saying im LMTU,I believe he work's in BKK,so i dont understand your point?
'Would you like my telephone number ? Are you here in Pattaya at the moment?

Neal
February 25th, 2013, 19:31
Hey that would work as I know where LMTU is right now. Send it via PM to me and I will call and you can tell me something from this thread. I can pass on what happened.

sclivejames
February 25th, 2013, 19:40
LOL I think you already know im not LMTU.........but i will pm you the number..........im about to go out soon though so maybe a little noisy.

Give it about an hour though so i can get a baht bus into town.

Beachlover
February 25th, 2013, 19:42
Unbelievable but still less expensive than living in the USA.
Yes... definitely less expensive than the USA but wouldn't most of that be covered by your health insurance provider there? And I suspect that would be the case for most members here in their own respective countries too - that private health insurance, if not the government would cover those hefty medical expenses that some incur later in their lives.

Well what is "insufficient" income.........either you choose to live in Australia or NZ on a Govt Pension or Thailand........I'd still be on the same income regardless.
Insufficient is anything less than whatever amount your desired lifestyle costs plus contingency funds for (or insurance to risk manage) possibilities like illness etc.

Clivejames wrote:
he want's me to respond to himYou inadvertently outed yourself as a fraud
If he's not genuine then he's probably just BadBoyBilly taking the piss... He's harmless. Let him be. :rolling:

Nobody owes an apology to Beachlover. Just the opposite.
That's right! Gratitude and thanks are what I'm owed. :rolling:

Neal
February 25th, 2013, 19:43
Actually no I always susected you of being the Bitch Queen though. :idea1:

Neal
February 25th, 2013, 19:45
Tell me in a PM who you are then. I cant reveal it per the rules or send the number. Ooops I am pushing. You volunteered. Surprise me. :sign5:

sclivejames
February 25th, 2013, 19:46
ah no........but i believe she has started another board.?

a447
February 25th, 2013, 19:49
Clive, you know very well that my post above has nothing to do with who you are. It was about the inconsistencies in your posts relating to your night out I BT.
Nice try!
So I take it you can't explain yourself and, ergo, are admitting your deception.

sclivejames
February 25th, 2013, 19:52
a447 Actually im thinking about hitting that italian restaurant in second rd just opposite boyztown tonight,i dont understand really what your on about,can you explain it clearly?
if you like you can pm me,im sure no one wants to hear about our personal lives.

Neal
February 25th, 2013, 19:55
Who knows and who cares.
I was taught and believe to thi day that you pay attention to your business and not worry about other peoples businesses and you should always succeed. If you keep looking over your shoulder and worrying about the other guy you are losing valuable time.

When I took over this board not one business wanted to advertise on it. Look at it now. When I took over everybody...well many many people were all pissed off at jinks and hs reign as dictator for 7 - 8 years, his multiple handles and the editing and deleting of posts, his agreement and the letter written between him and GB.

The board had an average of 150 people online at every minute of every day and I have and still have about an average of 225 a day every minute and one day alone had a number of 950 ish? Sure some were bots but most were not. Yes, some people pouted ten and left also. We are still here and as strong as ever.

Neal
February 25th, 2013, 19:57
Hey thats a great idea. A447 knows what LMTU looks like and can report back and no one can say I covered anything up, altough I still want to know who you are.
PS I have had good reviews and bad regarding the food. Let me know if it is ant better than Little Italy.

sclivejames
February 25th, 2013, 20:14
Hey thats a great idea. A447 knows what LMTU looks like and can report back and no one can say I covered anything up, altough I still want to know who you are.
PS I have had good reviews and bad regarding the food. Let me know if it is ant better than Little Italy.

Im sorry i don't understand.............is a447 coming to the restaurant with me?

February 25th, 2013, 20:18
bobsaigon wrote: Nobody owes an apology to Beachlover. Just the opposite.

Beachlover wrote: That's right! Gratitude and thanks are what I'm owed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The opposite of "Nobody owes an apology to Beachlover" would be "Beachlover owes an apology to everyone".

The gratitude and thanks would appear in short order if he were to follow SG's example.

Neal
February 25th, 2013, 20:19
I dont know it sounded like you wanted to see him.
ANYWAY I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT. Sirclivejames better known here as Sclivejames has just snt me a PM that reveals a detail that I knew about person over a year ago and believe that NO he is not LMTU. As far as LMTU I know where he is and he aint moving to quickly from that spot so he is not going to dinner tonight.

sclivejames
February 25th, 2013, 20:21
]I dont know it sounded like you wanted to see him.[/b]
ANYWAY I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT. Sirclivejames better known here as Sclivejames has just snt me a PM that reveals a detail that I knew about person over a year ago and believe that NO he is not LMTU. As far as LMTU I know where he is and he aint moving to quickly from that spot so he is not going to dinner tonight.

A bit hard dear if he's in Australia don't you reckon?

Neal
February 25th, 2013, 20:24
I dislike many of the things Beachie posts and while I was a good friend and he mine at first I grew to dislike him because of some things he said. After he left for about 6 months I grew to understand that even if he is a complete farce he did provide vluble information and whether he went there or Googled it, supplied vuable details tht others did not wish to dig up. Sure he is a pain in the ass with all his posts and what I believe may be tall tales but the flip side is that there is a lot of info there. Thats what I have to focus on is the important details he gets the answer to.

Ah yes true SCJ

sclivejames
February 25th, 2013, 22:00
I love Beachie,at least he come's across as non judgemental without taking sides.

lonelywombat
February 26th, 2013, 05:46
Latin writes and addresses sclivejames :" I dont know what circumstances led you to retire on around 1000 euros/month".
I would agree with that, and go further. One of the main reasons why some retirees in Thailand are unhappy/ always complaining etc., is that they are living in Thailand on insufficient income. The immigration Dept make it a requirement that retirees in Thailand should have a minimum of 800,000 baht per annum. That works at over 60,000 baht per month.

I cannot understand your logic If the 800,000 has to remain in a bank account and I am told that sometimes up to 2% interest is paid, where does the 60,000 per month come in.

Surely the 800,000 has to remain in the bank . I have heard that some guys rotate their 800,000 between each other, but that sounds dangerous.

Neal
February 26th, 2013, 06:37
You can have 800,000 in te bank or an income of 800,000 baht per year. 60,000 a monhs is 720,000 so it would need just a bit over that like 66тАЙ666.6667

CoffeeBreak
February 26th, 2013, 07:19

I cannot understand your logic If the 800,000 has to remain in a bank account and I am told that sometimes up to 2% interest is paid, where does the 60,000 per month come in.

Surely the 800,000 has to remain in the bank . I have heard that some guys rotate their 800,000 between each other, but that sounds dangerous.

-Its' not my logic but that of the immigration department in Thailand.They have decided retirees should show 800,000 in an account per year and so one of the ways to get the so called retirement visa is to bring in the equivalent of 800,000 baht from abroad, which one needs to do 2/3 months before applying for the retirement visa or extension of it.
It is a requirement of the immigration to prove by a bank letter/bank book that retirees have that sum in an account here for the 2/3 month period.(There is another method by income too).
Once the visa is granted it is possible yes to keep that 800,000 in a bank deposit earning account but it is not mandatory or instead to use that 800,000 for living expense until the next time to apply for the retirement extension. Hence if the 800,000 is used in this way divide the sum by 12 representing the next 12 months.That is how I get the "over 60,000 per month" figure from.

The money does have to remain in the bank but only for the 2/3 month period prior to getting the retirement visa, but not after. Hence many retirees use the 800,000 for their living expenses for the year ahead.

As to what you hear about guys rotating the 800,000 between each other: that is illegal. Used by those who are desperate to stay in Thailand with insufficient resources.

So I am perfectly correct to say what I did about the 60,000+ amount.

I do not make the rules: the immigration authorities do.

lonelywombat
February 26th, 2013, 07:57
Hi coffeebreak, I have never had to make investigations about the 800,000, in the bank.

My comments have been from listening to some expats and reading posts, not absorbing much as it did not concern me.

It has become interesting recently as to how people survive on 40,000 baht per month income, and save 15,000 baht out of that into savings.

Where do they keep their 800,000 in between time. Or are you saying this is once only

I own my large condo and am happy for it to be let out for most of the year. But living on 40,000-15,000 per month even owning a condo is hard living.

Beats me about how they can afford to use Gayromeo, dine out, visit show bars and take boys off bars, and still live on that amount.

Neal
February 26th, 2013, 09:03
Well I believe one of the first problems is listening to friends and expats. Seems to me that Thaivisa.com has up-to-date information, specializes, and answers such as this bank letter you mentioned. The paying for and supplying the bank letter was discontinued close to 3/4 of a year ago. I am not sure if owning a house or condo helps qualify. Just don't understand how they they do it as they must qualify each year but you know how all this works.

CoffeeBreak
February 26th, 2013, 09:55
"The paying for and supplying the bank letter was discontinued close to 3/4 of a year ago."

What are you talking about. For those applying for the retirement visa based on 800,000 in the bank then the letter from the bank and a copy of the entry in the bank book is essential.
Other copy documents are also required in the application.

I know the rules.

But I ain't going to get into an argument here. I agree can find the rules on the Thai Visa Forum, or the official immigration web site. Better still if in doubt ask at your local immigration office.

lonelywombat: to answer your question its 800,000 every year but can use the same amount each year and just put that sum in a Thai Bank fixed deposit between years.

I am also puzzled how some survive on 40k a month in Thailand. They do and maybe that is why some of them are unhappy and are manic depressives.

Neal
February 26th, 2013, 10:22
OK now you are talking about two different things. When first applying for an extention visa for the purposes of retirement you MAY, I am not sure need the bank letter I never checked that because I am long past that like many people are. What you said earlier was renewing your extention retirement visa and for that you are no longer required to pay for and bring in a bank letter you are only required to bring in your bank book and have it updated within the last three days.
There are different papers you need to bring in for the first application and you are not reqired to have the same for ech yer afterwards. Last year I gave them a copy of my updated passbook and the application. Just 2 items. Check with the immigrtion officer.

lonelywombat
February 26th, 2013, 10:27
coffeebreak I should have said that almost all my info has been gleaned from reading Sawatdee. So I supposed I asked for Neal's pointed remarks.

If the money was available, then where would they invest the cash. Here in Australia 6 months interest is 4.75% per annum, and the Government is looking at a further reduction in housing rates , leading returns down.

The comment that 66.666 baht per month is equal to 800,000 baht says nothing If you have 800,00 to invest what happens if you spend that to live? After 12 months SFA.

Sure it is a problem. My thoughts and I had really not studied in detail, was the 800,00 remained there and the expat lived off other incomes.

Shit no wonder they look for high balconies.

Neal
February 26th, 2013, 12:05
Actually this entire discussion should be on a new thread. If yu would like to, please open a new one as the 600 b off fee has nothing to do with my immigration commets or even income. :sign5:

CoffeeBreak
February 26th, 2013, 14:43
i agree any discussion of immigration requirements should be on a new thread. Better still as I have stated its better to ask direct at one's own local immigration dept or perhaps from Thai Visa to get the correct info. Different immigration offices can have seperate practices.
I do not intend to spend any more of my time on the subject on this forum.

timmberty
February 26th, 2013, 16:01
there is of course one thing everyone seems to be forgetting here .. the person who bought up the 45.000 baht a month amount is sirclive who is in his 40's so wouldnt be able to get a retirement visa any which way!!!
but isnt this thread about offing boys for 600 baht rather than retirement which is currently has a thread on the front page of the board any hows ?? you know the .. its not as exciting as you might think one ..

sclivejames
February 26th, 2013, 16:21
How very right Timmberty.......R-visa starts at 50yo.......there is also the ED Visa...love you Timmberty :love4:

christianpfc
February 28th, 2013, 14:31

Where is Sarong Park - I've never heard of it?
LMTU spellt it wrong, it's usually spelt Saranrom park (under this name, you can use the search function for more information on most gay forums), and they all ask for 500.

I would agree with that, and go further. One of the main reasons why some retirees in Thailand are unhappy/ always complaining etc., is that they are living in Thailand on insufficient income.
43000 Baht is not insufficient. I can give free unsolicited advice on how to live comfortably on 43000 Baht per month.

christian you are a total amature .. heres a guy that makes you look like rothschild ... http://migrationology.com/2011/07/cost- ... -thailand/ (http://migrationology.com/2011/07/cost-of-living-in-bangkok-thailand/)
now thats what i call living ..
That link is very interesting and therefore worth repeating!

Christian
I may be mistaken but I believe the show offered by CU Bar, U-Turn Bar and New Sawatdee Bar is not a show in the usual sense. I think the boys mean if you come inside behind the screen, they will be happy to show you their assets, let you play and produce a happy ending...all for a substantial tip and drinks.
That makes sense and is in agreement what others wrote about the same subject elsewhere.

sclivejames
February 28th, 2013, 15:29
Yes this is one of the newer bars U TURN BAR charging higher off fees....plus 150 b drink......all curtained up,its situated next door to Ducs bar...wasnt this bar the old..........started with C.......I cant for the life of me remember. I have been told they have great looking guys.