PDA

View Full Version : Singapore

vanek333
February 14th, 2013, 01:32
Hi Guys
We are traveling to Singapore on May 7th, for a few days and am looking for accommodation in and arround the gay bars/area, we are looking for a hotel that is fairly upmarket and may have Club benifits. Although in saying this if someone knows of somewhere out of the norm we'll consider it as well. The only reason we're asking this is that we ahve only been to Singapore once before and found finding the gay bars very hard, also there where not many either, but we've heard there's been quite an explossion of gay venues recently. Oh by the way a pool is a must.

Also looking for someone that may wish to show us arround town, are there any gay tour guides?

atri1666
February 14th, 2013, 09:42
So you should stay around Chinatown. Myself stayed some times in Furama City Center with pool and Clubfloor. Nearby are Backstage Bar,DYMK Bar, Taboo and Tantric. There are also some saunas in or near Pagoda street like Shogun,Cruise Club,Queensresort and 10mens.
Also can recommend the Mandarin Hotels but with prices very upmarket.

Beachlover
February 16th, 2013, 10:30
What difficulty did you have finding the gay bars/clubs in Singapore? They're pretty easy to find in my experience, probably easier than in any other Asian city! But they're only sufficiently busy on weekends.

If you're talking about wanting to stay in Chinatown where there's a concentration of gay bars then the ONLY upmarketish hotel I know there is the New Majestic Hotel but this is a boutique hotel with a tiny pool and no club floor.

I really like Chinatown and used to stay in the boutique hotels there all the time. But there really aren't any solid hotels there so these days I stay elsewhere and just cab it to wherever I want to go.

If you're after a nice pool, you can't go past Marina Bay Sands and Fullerton Bay Hotel. These are in the $400-$800/night range. Fullerton Bay doesn't have a club but Marina Bay Sands has a pretty amazing club.

danny99
February 17th, 2013, 12:13
So you should stay around Chinatown. There are also some saunas in or near Pagoda street like Shogun,Cruise Club,Queensresort and 10mens. .

Also Absolut in central Chinatown [entrance through a better than average Thai restaiurant] if you want to meet the youth of Singapore. The only sauna with a cocktail bar.

petr55
April 24th, 2013, 15:45
You can find a good gay guide to the gay venues in Singapore from this site:

http://www.pluguide.com/

danny99
May 9th, 2013, 13:03
You can find a good gay guide to the gay venues in Singapore from this site:

http://www.pluguide.com/
Hardly a GUIDE, just a series of advertisements ......