PDA

View Full Version : Host bars down under?

hai336
February 11th, 2013, 03:13
Just curious as I'm heading that way, but is there anything resembling a host bar in either Sydney or Auckland? Thanks very much.

cottmann
February 15th, 2013, 13:00
Well, I guess the answer must be "No."

Beachlover
February 16th, 2013, 10:06
I know Sydney's bars pretty well... the answer is NO with one possible exception, which I heard from an acquaintance but never cared to confirm.

With most karaoke bars here, you go in with your friends and book a small karaoke room to sing the night away...

Some of the Korean karaoke bars in Sydney offer "hosts" who you can book by the hour. Karaoke hosts are there to help you select songs, serve drinks, keep you company etc. It's a common thing in Asia. and in some cases this crosses a line and descends into prostitution with "host" going home with customers etc.

Anyway, these hosts are usually female. But according to my acquaintance, there's two bars that offer male "hosts" which you can take home...

hai336
February 24th, 2013, 04:19
Thanks Beachlover for the suggestions about karaoke bars. I will have a looksee. Cheers.

sclivejames
February 24th, 2013, 08:11
I presume you are looking for Thai /Asian boys?
I am told you will find some "freelance" Thai boys evenings at the pub "Midnight Shift", early evenings
I am told you will also find an older crowd of customers 50 plus there along with their thai/asian boys.
I am told you should wear a "Thailand or pattaya " t shirt
I am told there are Thai massage shops near "Midnight Shift" with happy endings.
I am told this GR profile also can help you in Sydney "PATTAYA2012"

I am told there are many Thai isaan boys at the "Cham Issan " restaurant/bar.

I am also told some Thai/Asian boys in Sydney will go with you for free if you look hard enough.
I am told website "Gaydar" is your best bet rather than gayromeo. best of luck.

stuyvessant
February 25th, 2013, 13:47
I am told website "Gaydar" is your best bet rather than gayromeo. best of luck.

I'd even suggest the Grindr - it is not that exceptional to find Asians even there :)

Beachlover
February 25th, 2013, 19:44
Why did this get moved to the Thailand forum? It's about Australia... not Thailand.

Neal
February 25th, 2013, 19:59
Never was moved. I just did not notice it. I will move it now.

Beachlover
February 25th, 2013, 20:17
It was in the Global forum before so maybe someone else moved it...

Neal
February 25th, 2013, 20:30
I doubt it as he would have sent me a PM

hai336
March 1st, 2013, 03:08
Well this is lovely. Now I can do some preliminary research. www.themidnightshift.com (http://www.themidnightshift.com).

lonelywombat
March 1st, 2013, 09:01
Off topic a little but Sircuit disco in Melbourne has nude nights, [male only monday nights] and limited clothing nights, during the week.

I am not sure about Midnight Shift in Sydney, but Sircuit is worth remembering.

March 2nd, 2013, 13:43
Off topic a little but Sircuit disco in Melbourne has nude nights, [male only monday nights] and limited clothing nights, during the week.No mention of that on their Web site unless the girls are naked too. Will you be going lonelywombat? http://sircuit.com.au/Sircuit/Monday.html

lonelywombat
March 2nd, 2013, 17:24
]Maybe it is only friday or saturday I have friends who go but not sure of the day. There is another underwear night on Monday at the Laird , maybe I got the two confused

http://sircuit.com.au/Sircuit/Friday

I have deleted the html as it did not load for my computer.

To get full size you might need to hit pic .

[attachment=0:3o38jz91]system_reload_half_info_labourday.jpg[/attachment:3o38jz91]

[[attachment=1:3o38jz91]beerhall_half_stripper_info.jpg[/attachment:3o38jz91]

Sooty
March 3rd, 2013, 03:28
I always assume lonely's posts are a mine of misinformation and this one maintains that proud tradition.

a447
March 3rd, 2013, 14:31
Mr Positive, a.k.a. Sooty wrote:
I always assume lonely's posts are a mine of misinformation and this one maintains that proud tradition.

Don't assume, Sooty. Give some examples.

Yet another negative and meaningless post from Sooty which adds nothing to the thread.

Why don't you tell the OP if there are any host bars in Australia? Afterall, that is the question.

Hai336, I don't know if they exist or not, but I think host bars are more of an Asian thing and I would be surprised if they did exist.

If they do,someone please let me know and I'll be on the plane tomorrow!!

Sooty
March 4th, 2013, 02:28
Why don't you tell the OP if there are any host bars in Australia? Afterall, that is the question.I can certainly inform members that Australia's leading female impersonator is appearing most of this week at the Rooty Hill RSL.