PDA

View Full Version : There Must Be a Full Moon

Neal
February 9th, 2013, 19:32
There must be a full moon out because there is just so much negativity on the board over the last 2 or 3 days that I am in awe. Can we please get a handle on it?
Flaming is against the rules and both mods are talking about it and do not want to step in and start doing a bit of editing that we promised to try and avoid but this is a bit too much. We appreciate it.

February 9th, 2013, 20:23
I agree completely. Seems that people can't discuss anything without being subjected to disparaging retorts. I regret the passing of the "gentlemen's forum", Gay Boy Thailand.

nanette
February 11th, 2013, 14:05
Yesterday was Chinese New Year day 1. Full moon will be in about 13 days time. :party

February 13th, 2013, 18:05
Yes I think it's so nasty how Gay Guys seem to attack and flame each other , I wonder why we can't all be like one big happy family , you know what they say, those who Love each other, stay with each other.

I love everyone deep down ;)

catawampuscat
February 14th, 2013, 07:16
Would starting a new poll about how many days until lmtu gets banned again be tacky?
Yes, I guess so. I can feel the love... :love7:

February 14th, 2013, 08:09
Well I've always loved you and your very interesting reports, I can't help it if you can't stand me over a mutual friend, I'll try to enjoy you though, even if you and your associates put me down, you know I'm so sensitive,

February 14th, 2013, 15:10
Wow - it must be the LMTU effect, it's the only explanation!!!

Even without any reference to him in the title of this Topic, just his very name being mentioned is sufficient for the topic to suddenly gain almost 100 views per reply (475/5) (of course it's 6 replies now I've posted this, which takes the average down a little)

Just by a casual glance at the forum front page I reckon this is more than double the norm (excluding topics viewed but which have attracted no replies).

How curious!

:sign5:

Oliver
February 14th, 2013, 16:50
I'm with bobsaigon on this one.
I signed-up for SGT after many years away because I knew Neal was determined to run an abuse-free board.

February 14th, 2013, 17:09
Some could also argue of course that the year round patronage of cheap charlie farang ( not you personally Oiliver of course) is also maybe exactly what is holding any sort of meaningful progress or development of a decent gay scene rising in Pattaya.

Pattaya evolved from years ago to serve and service a certain type of customer, who are now ageing in years and their spending habits for various reasons are changing and declining and so the bars are stuck between servicing whatever is left of that market but also due to lack of new younger gay customers, who aren't coming as the current offering is not geared for them can't quite make the change to "up their game" to bring them into line with many other gay resorts around the world in terms of the locations gay bars and club, shopping and scene offerings etc.

So to say the ex pats are what's keeping Pattaya as it is may be quite correct, but to imply that that is automatically a good thing for the gay resort as a whole may in deed be a whole other area for debate perhaps ?

Jellybean
February 14th, 2013, 17:48
Sorry NIrish I thought your post was a bit of a non sequitur, unless, of course, IтАЩve completely missed something. Was it meant for another thread? IтАЩll admit to having a pretty rough sort of day so maybe itтАЩs me having a problem! : )

Honestly I thought the topic was about negativity on the board.

joe552
February 14th, 2013, 18:06
Jellybean, he's obviously over-excited about his upcoming trip - just a tad confused.

Neal
February 14th, 2013, 18:39
It is obvious to me, I think, that a board cannot be run where it is going to please everyone and that is to my regret but an obvious observation. Those who like downright fighting will always enjoy waking up in the morning and seeing who ripped all the hair out of whose head or scratched whose eyes out.

Those who like the strict gentlemanly board where things are so perfect will continue to do so.

I have been working so hard, and yes waffling a little here and there to come up with a happy medium. Sure we have lost some readers and some readers I think for the best and some not for the best but they go by thier own hand. Sometimes everyone calls for less mediation and we start to get all these fights back and then some call for more mediation and I sit and think and waffle a little to get it back to what I think is a happy mediation. I think we are about there and as I have said before, I put my money where my mouth is and am advertising not only here in Thailands best magazine Thai Puan to get more world wide readers but also Q Magazine in Australia and now QX Magazine in the UK. Any other suggestions will be looked into.

We have started looking at local charities. We dervive money from members and advertising and work hard to put some back. It is a community which we like to visit or live in and we need to support it's causes. I want to see other boards do the same.

I think we are close to this happy medium but I also think it needs to call for each side to realize that they cant have it thier way. Its like the American Rebulicans and Democrats, you will need to negotiate to get some things done. A thought that niether one wants to realize.

February 15th, 2013, 01:35
Jellybean - I have NO idea what happened there re my above post ! :-) what I can only assume happened is that I've totally pasted to the wrong thread as my post was in direct reply to ( I think ) Oliver who had mentioned somewhere about how it is the expats who are keeping Pattaya going all year so that it's even here when the short time holiday makers come back ( or words to that effect) - but I'm DAMNED if I can find that thread or Olivers post now to see DID I post it in the wrong thread ( as I obviously did) - so, either Oliver (or whoever it was) has perhaps edited their previous post which is whyI can't find it OR ( and is the more likely option after the crazy week I've had in work) I'm simply losing my mind - I believe it may WELL be the latter ! And Oliver if that wasn't you at all and I'm totally wrong there too I apologise in advance !

Still, looking on the bright side my post - all be it TOTALLY out of sync with this thread, could and should perhaps be a thread in it's own right i.e. "Are the current gay expat residents of Pattaya actually holding what's left of gay Pattaya together or are they perhaps actually holding its development back into a different sort of gay resort !??" So, I'll post that now again to take it out of here ! Sorry.

Oh and of course assuming that it WAS my fault for posting in the wrong thread I now officially deny all knowledge and am of course now blaming Neal as he's "obviously" just moved my original post for sheer badness - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it !! :-)

joe552
February 15th, 2013, 01:46
NIrish Guy, if you're expecting another night out at Cafe des Amis I'd be careful what I said about Neal at this point :sign5:

February 15th, 2013, 02:05
I wouldn't worry as the last time he made us all run out without paying after ASSURING me he'd already paid the bill, I was pure mortified - so meals like THAT I can do without ! :-)

joe552
February 15th, 2013, 02:14
so that's how he built his vast business empire? no wonder he can spend time on the beach every day. I'd give him a wide berth if I were you.

Neal
February 15th, 2013, 03:18
I shall ignore you both.

joe552
February 15th, 2013, 03:37
so no expensive dinner for NIrish this trip? and apparently, he's on a very strict budget.

still, I'm sure he'll manage to find some cheap fun somewhere :party

February 15th, 2013, 04:50
Don't you try to stimey my dinner joe, hell why don't you book to come and then I'll be SURE to get yours again no doubt :-)

Jellybean
February 15th, 2013, 08:55
Thanks for the explanation NIrish. For a brief moment I thought IтАЩd lost my marbles. I scrolled up and down the topic and I couldnтАЩt relate your post to anyone elseтАЩs although you did refer to Oliver who made the post before you. IтАЩm glad to hear that it was you who lost your marbles, albeit temporarily. In your case it is fully justifiable given that you had recently yielded to temptation and booked a flight and hotel and will be here for all the fun of s┼Пng-graan.

I suppose the thought of yet another free meal at an expensive restaurant with Neal also helped push you temporarily over the edge! : )

February 15th, 2013, 15:05
Two points re the above -

@joe - see, there's the trouble, now that I've booked I am SO not on a budget, the very concept is alien to me at every level, see I it wasnt so much that I didn't have the physical cash lying about somewhere somehow I just that I'd said generally speaking I REALLY shouldn't be spending it hence my not going, but once committed then fuck it, I'm a balls to the wind sort of guy and there in lies the reason I was trying to convince myself NOT to go in the first place as I know my spending ( mainly on hookers and beer I have to confess) goes off the bloody scale the minute I land in LOS, no matter seemingly I try to do to contain that, hence I don't even try ! As the way I look at it is I'm in holiday and "fuck it" as the thought of walking round like a certain other board member with a wee note book and pen and comparing the cost of a piece of fruit somewhere and giving boys 3 baht loans ( i know that was a joke Christian - alledgedly :-) to ensure good value and thriftiness etc would be enough to send me to the nearest bridge to jump off it !! :-)

And Jelly - I'm sure you're old enough to know the saying " there's no such thing as a free lunch! " The deviant and degrading things one is requested to do even for a free starter never mind a main course when dining with Neal would make the eyes of even the most hardened go go boy blush - thankfully I have a strong disposition, am generally always hungry and also have a shockingly bad memory so can blank out a lot of what's requested and just pretend it never actually happened - this trip I'd adamant I'm going to steal myself more and just go ahead and pack the washing up gloves, razor blades, car batteries terminals, egg whisks, carpet beater and lube as requested and see can I make it all the way through to dessert and bugger the consequences of the marks and physical and mental scars and injuries I'll be left ! What the hell, balls to the wind I say - see ! Oppps see, every cloud has a silver lining as with the balls to the wind thing there's the coffee covered too now !! :-)

Neal
February 15th, 2013, 15:24
You promised it was a secret!! I was on the beach the other day and I saw this really cute boy. I asked my b/f B to go talk to him and see if he is willing to go with me. B came back and said "yes". I asked did you talk to him about what things I want to do? B replied, "Papa, all the boys know in Pattaya". :redfaced:

February 15th, 2013, 15:43
Lol- see, I'm not quite sure that the term " your reputation obviously precedes you" can necessarily be considered a good thing, especially when its in reference to Pattaya bar boys and them all obviously talking and sharing your obviously now infamous sexual preferences it seems ! :-)

February 15th, 2013, 17:09
And I'm sure what "all the boys know" isn't even limited to those in Pattaya!!

:laughing3:

Neal
February 15th, 2013, 17:30
Bitches! All of use is bitches! Outside of the US, Rio, Agadir, Germany, Czech Republic, Romania and Shanghai (I think that be all) they know nothing of me unless they gossiped also!

February 15th, 2013, 18:34
..Or saw the videos, dear

:party