PDA

View Full Version : Valetntines card

February 6th, 2013, 19:18
My bf has just posted me a Valentine's card from Thai to my home in Manchester uk....because it takes about a week to get either way...his english hand writing is excellent so the postman shouldent have any problem reading my address
I'll send his tomorrow....i know most of us do things by e-mail these days but its still special to get a card through the post

February 9th, 2013, 06:54
I done understand Valentines Day any more it used to be the time when you could tell your secret love to someone now its just another excuse to send a card or flowers to someone your already screwing.

anonone
February 9th, 2013, 09:32
Curious as to the other direction....
anyone ever send a card / letter to an address in Thailand...especially Isaan?

Would be curious how long it took to arrive...and how reliable delivery might be. Might be worth a try to surprise the BF with something.

I would think the address would need to be written in Thai to have the best shot at arrival...????

Neal
February 9th, 2013, 12:37
No they can understand English very well when they want to and mail to and from USA has taken 3 - 4 weeks.

February 9th, 2013, 15:16
I was thinking the same about his postman understanding my handwriting so i asked my bf this morn and he said it should be ok cause a girl we know in the village has sent mail to him when she's in the states written in english and he says they deliverd it no problem
And Brisbane ..i know the original meaning of giving vallentines cards....but its just a token of our love for each other ..and if it makes us feel nice...i cant see anything wrong with that.
My 2 trips a year to Thai...are only because in dec i'm there for his birthday and i'm back there for my birthday and we allways give each other cards and allways have party's in his village...nothing wrong with romance ha ha

colmx
February 9th, 2013, 23:41
i find that any post sent to my BF that looks official... White/Brown envelope with address printed on a label - always manages to reach him

Anything that is in an unusual coloured envelope (e.g. red valentines or christmas card envelopes) or with a hand written address... rarely gets to him

I presume that someone along the way thinks there might be money in the envelope when it looks less official and takes it hme with them!

As for length of time - it usually take 9-10 days for post from Ireland to get to Issan and Pattaya
Bkk usually gets there in 6-7 days

February 10th, 2013, 02:23
Thanks Colmx for telling me that.....its in a red envelpope hand written so maybe it wont get there ..have to wait and see lol

colmx
February 10th, 2013, 03:58
Thanks Colmx for telling me that.....its in a red envelpope hand written so maybe it wont get there ..have to wait and see lol
Hopefully your BFs post man will be more honest than my guys!

Sooty
February 10th, 2013, 04:38
I can confirm that a friend of mine has twice successfully posted material - one of them a mobile phone of a model not available in Thailand - to a village an hour outside Udon Thani so the mail definitely does get through. However I believe that a few years ago and maybe now still banks overseas would not post credit cards to an address in Thailand because of rampant theft by employees of Customs or the Thai Post Office.

February 14th, 2013, 19:03
I'm very happy to get my BF's Valentines card ....posted over a week ago from Isaan and just arived in the post at my home in Manchester...his english handwriting is so good better than most of my mates back here
My bf never forgets to give me cards on xmas...birthday....valentine's......when i got it i felt so much love for him
For all the bad stories you read about Thai guys....i've only experienced love , care and loyalty from him
I talk many times on Facebook about my relationship and my friends straight or gay are very supportive of my relationship