PDA

View Full Version : Info required on Asia other than Pattaya or Phuket

vanek333
February 2nd, 2013, 12:19
Hi guys have been traveling for some years to the same destinations for our holidays, Pattaya and Phuket. We do not drive while overseas so all travel is by Driver or Plane. We are hoping someone may have other Asian places of interest where we can go and explore, we are a couple in our 50s and do not rough it so please no Jungle Safaris lol, any feed back would be appreciated. Not KL or Singapore we do these as a hop between Australia and Thailand.

Thanks
Paul

ceejay
February 2nd, 2013, 14:15
It would help if you could let us know what sort of holiday you want. Sightseeing, beach, cultural monuments etc.
If you want something like Pattaya but in a new country, you're out of luck. There's no place quite like Pattaya.

vanek333
February 3rd, 2013, 02:30
We are hoping for a little culture, bars, and we love our beach, but most of all the men

lonelywombat
February 3rd, 2013, 03:33
Go to our SE Asian forum and look at the threads for Cambodia, Laos and Burma to start with.

There are a stack of posts over the last 12 months that should give you most of the info you need.

If coming through Singapore or KL, there are direct flights to both cities in Cambodia .

KevDik
February 3rd, 2013, 05:19
Like Wombat, I would suggest Cambodia. It can be done in style these days, and there is just too much culture, especially at the Angkor Wat area. Siem Reap has a range of hotels, and the men are very welcoming. Burma is great also, some upmarket hotels, and enough temples to give you culture overload.
But as for the beaches, well forget them. You have the best stretch of coastline with the Gold Coast, so why bother about the beaches in Asia, they just don't compare. I too am drawn to beaches in foreign lands, but am always very disappointed, as I compare them to home, and there is no comparison with the eastern coast of Australia.
Just my sixpence-worth.
Kevin