PDA

View Full Version : Will the Russians bring their gay hatred to Pattaya?

zinzone
January 26th, 2013, 13:23
With the increasing multitudes of Russians in Thailand, particularly Pattaya, and the power they are wielding, will they try to import into Thailand their gay hatred which is evident from what is taking place in their own primitive home country?

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2013/01/twen ... -gay-bill/ (http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2013/01/twenty-gay-rights-campaigners-detained-at-moscow-rally-against-anti-gay-bill/)

PeterUK
January 26th, 2013, 14:46
I don't know what you mean by 'import into Thailand their gay hatred'. At a personal level it's always been possible for a gay person to be scowled at, insulted or, in extreme cases, attacked by an uptight farang in Thailand. I doubt whether Russians are any more likely to do that than any other nationality. Beyond that, what can a homophobic farang (or group thereof) do? Make changes to Thai law, change Thai attitudes to gays? I hardly think so.

peeseua
January 26th, 2013, 21:41
The power of money can change a lot of things without any of it becoming official and the Russians have a lot of rubles to spend.

colmx
January 26th, 2013, 23:07
I noticed more and more guys on GR and Grindr stating "no russia" in their profiles

After witnessing the behaviour of several groups of young gay russians in NAB/Dave... i am not surprised that their fellow russians hate them!

It must be an awful headache for management to have to put a permanent security guard near their tables to prevent them from trampling on the Thai guys, knocking over tables or refusing to pay their bills!

The worst part is when they try to steal the boy you are with!

Mercifully it seems they have not yet discovered Idol!

egel
January 27th, 2013, 00:57
There are now so many unruly Russians (and sometimes the women are worst) starting to frequent Gay Venues in Pattaya that many existing Farangs will soon decide that they have had enough of their loutish behaviour and stop coming to Pattaya for their annual holidays.

Some Expats may also decide that enough is enough and start living elsewhere.

You can see the problems already at the Discos (as described above) and De Boss has described events at his GoGo Bar when the Russians arrived after the show had ended. Many gogo bars now refuse to allow check bins for Russians and demand payment for drinks upfront.

Even Sansuk Sauna now has large groups of Russian visitors.

Sunne Plaza has it's Arab pincer movement to contend with.

Boyztown and, to a lesser extent Jomtien, has the Russian problem, Sunee has the Arab problem and these two elements (rather than anything else) are likely to end gay Pattaya as we know it.

joe552
January 27th, 2013, 03:50
Ah egel, thanks for the prediction of the demise of gay Pattaya as we know it. Is it already a month since the last prediction of its demise? :occasion9:

Neal
January 27th, 2013, 04:51
Hi Joe. In response to the post above of yours and Egel, I can't help wondering if the more proper way to explain what Egel wrote was that he predicted the demise of Pattaya as we expats living here know it. We see it in Boyztown, Jomtien Complex and Sunee Plaza as well as Jomtien Plaza the influx of many Russian folk and the problems this transition has brought with them. Of course I can understand my fellow expats when we see the beaches that were always exclusively gay turn to Russian families, hotels the same and the bars and other places. I cannot say where but just the other day I was in a restaurant and there was a large Russian contingent for some celebration. They were pretty bousterous bringing their own candleabra and candles and somewhat loud freinds. I was riding my scooter down the pathway on Jomtien Beach talking to a freind, about 2 1/2 feet between us when a Russian woman tried to sueeze through when there was room for 4 or 5 to walk on my other side. Getting pushed, I said she was rude and then listened to her and her freinds crap as she went away in a huff as she had to stop and go around on the other side. No I have witnessed the demise of Pattaya as we know it but no, it will never go away.

I can't help wondering if in 5 or 10 years, Siem Reap will be the next Pattaya without the beach. The boys seem less spoiled and people just so freindly and laid back similar to Chaing Mei when I have visited there. Personally I would move Siem Reap tomorrow if they had a dialysis doctor and machine but I know that while I will never see it, Siem Reap will one day see the same fate as Pattaya but I think it is safe for about 20 years.

dab69
January 27th, 2013, 07:42
Personally I would move Siem Reap tomorrow if they had a dialysis doctor and machine but I know that while I will never see it,

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/342036
A poor man from the Qutang township of Jiangsu Province in eastern China, Hu Songwen built his own dialysis machine because of high medical prices. Diagnosed 20 years ago with kidney disease, hospital prices quickly emptied family savings 13 years ago.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/3 ... z2J8Um82xp (http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/342036#ixzz2J8Um82xp)

Neal
January 27th, 2013, 08:09
Dab I certainly appreciate your research and suggestion and know that I can even buy machine but the thought of a) stabbing myself all the time and b) ordering, storing and keeping all the supplies needed and c) there are times that my blood pressure dips dangerously low and that's what trained nurses and even the doctors are for d) coimng up with all the numbers of what temperture and amounts of impurities to remove, how to decide when to increase what they call dry body weight and such all really bothers me. I would rather rely on trained nurses and a doctor that are specifically trained for this or I would have purchased a portable machne already.
Again thanks for the links though.

:love4:

a447
January 27th, 2013, 08:35
Neal wrote:
I said she was rude

Actually, if I recall correctly, you called her a "fucking Russian cunt," to which she innocently replied:

"I'm not Russian." :sign5:

Neal, on the lack of a dialysis machine in your new favourite part of the world - Siem Reap - have you thought about buying a machine for the hospital? I know it would mean a little less for B and his family when you finally reach that big gogobar in the sky, but you might as well enjoy your money while you're still on the planet.

Up2U, of course, but just a thought.

peeseua
January 27th, 2013, 10:13
There was an influx of rich Russians in Penang back in the mid-1990s but as soon as 'going to Penang' fell out of fashion, we hardly saw any of them - and still see barely a single one at the beach nowadays. The Russian invasion lasted no more than five years. Let's hope 'going to Thailand' becomes unfashionable equally soon.

We had mainly families rather than young bachelors on our tiny isle but the family groups behaved little better. The kids shitted in the bushes beside the pool, the women hogged (very apt as they did tend to resemble those much-maligned beasts) the loungers in the hotel gardens - often taking an extra one each for their bags and other belongings, and many of the men just behaved as though we islanders owed it to them to behave like their chattels. I'm still surprised none of them ended up with a broken head after treating the local restaurant owners, stallholders and the hotels' service staff like unpaid chattels.

Oliver
January 27th, 2013, 10:22
We Britons have exported large numbers of our shaven-headed, bare-chested, beer-swilling, women-groping, illiterate louts to the beer bars of Pattaya so I am a little uneasy about making generalisations about Russians, though I too have witnessed some poor behaviour towards Thais.

And why the Arabs near Sunee should have been brought into this I don't know. They seem totally inoffensive to me...and I always enjoy the evocative smell of their shishas which brings back such warm memories of my times in Al Quds.

Narakmak
January 27th, 2013, 13:03
We Britons have exported large numbers of our shaven-headed, bare-chested, beer-swilling, women-groping, illiterate louts to the beer bars of Pattaya so I am a little uneasy about making generalisations about Russians, though I too have witnessed some poor behaviour towards Thais.

And why the Arabs near Sunee should have been brought into this I don't know. They seem totally inoffensive to me...and I always enjoy the evocative smell of their shishas which brings back such warm memories of my times in Al Quds.
He means JERUSALEM in the Jewish state of Israel.

Neal
January 27th, 2013, 15:03
LOL! I forgot who was with me and she was a fucking Russian cunt and while she would not admit it, as you recall she definitely was from the break off countries but would not admit it. Yes, a fucking rude Russian cunt! :sign5: :sign5: :sign5:

thaiguest
January 28th, 2013, 04:51
Re the 'Arab Pincer Movement' in Sunnee I have to say that I have never been interfered with homophobically or any other way by the Arabs in the neighbourhood. I wouldn't mind been interfered with by some of the younger guys by the way. The only thing they're likely to do is kill you with their motor bikes. Share an elevator ride with a bunch of Russians with a boy in tow is likely to have a nasty outcome however.

mahjongguy
January 28th, 2013, 12:53
Since there's little point in badmouthing people who don't understand a word of English, here's your Russian word for the day: ╨╜╨╡╨║╤Г╨╗╤М╤В╤Г╤А ╜╤Л╨╣ (nekul╩╣turnyy). It means uncultured, and truly they are, stunningly sometimes. For the most part, though, they are just too large and too numerous, constantly getting in the way.

Despite their very real and recently news-making homophobia, I have not observed them harassing anyone gay. I walk amongst them every day on Jomtien Beach and it seems like to them my b/f and I are invisible. Fine by me.

It's a certain type of Brit that I'm wary of. They're surly and aggressive when alone and sober, and dangerous when they're not.

Narakmak
January 28th, 2013, 14:44
Sometimes I observe groups of Russian on baht buses openly pointing at and mocking ladyboys. That's really all I've seen like that so far but I kind of expect to see more over time.

January 28th, 2013, 15:15
Several years ago I was leaving Tesco with a very young looking тАЬboyтАЭ that I had known for ten years. An overweight, height-challenged Russian tourist stopped me and asked what I intended to do with that тАЬlittle boyтАЭ. When I realized she was talking about my friend, I explained that he was 30 yrs old. Her retort was something like, тАЬImpossible. IтАЩm 30тАЭ. (Poor you, I thought.) I went on to suggest that it was none of her business what I did. Her parting comment was тАЬGo to hellтАЭ.

Narakmak
January 28th, 2013, 21:28
Several years ago I was leaving Tesco with a very young looking тАЬboyтАЭ that I had known for ten years. An overweight, height-challenged Russian tourist stopped me and asked what I intended to do with that тАЬlittle boyтАЭ. When I realized she was talking about my friend, I explained that he was 30 yrs old. Her retort was something like, тАЬImpossible. IтАЩm 30тАЭ. (Poor you, I thought.) I went on to suggest that it was none of her business what I did. Her parting comment was тАЬGo to hellтАЭ.
My understanding is that Russians use the word PEDO to describe ALL gay people. I think this (straight) Russians vs. Gays thing is going to get worse here.

loke
January 30th, 2013, 19:50
I welcome Russian gays , especially around Jomtien they are everywhere and some of them are too cute to resist.

Some of them are now moneyboys .

Right now there is a sweet 18 year old Latvian boy on Gayromeo asking 3500 baht for short time. He lives in Jomtien View Talay area in case you are interested . :8(

thrillbill
February 3rd, 2013, 15:22
I always feel that it is human nature that can make one "polite" with people skills, but it seems that the Russians do not pick up on things that tend to be common sense with most people. Such as: Why is it when I am walking on a narrow side walk, I step aside to allow the people walking towards me to have room (in this case Russians) but they do not. The last time I just continued to walk straight and they ran into me! Next, why is it on a bahtbus they cannot "scoot over" and make room for passengers? They act like they are not aware that other people need to sit down. Or why is it at gym, it is always a Russian that wants to "cut in" and not wait for one to finish his reps at the station? They just want to cut in, change the weights, and show off that they can press (and grunt) more than the Westerner. -so strange. The classic example was last year when Boyzboyz had a sign in Russian on a post that said that a drink must be purchased in order to watch the entertainment. I was told that they would try to walk in with their Seven-Eleven bottle of Chang beer. We all realize that varioius nationalities have different habbits, but it seems that the Russians are clueless in how to be polite (you must be quiet once in a while and smile and say thankyou). I use to want to visit Moscow, but after being with these cold hearted people in Pattaya, visiting Russia is on the bottom of my list. :angry5:

February 4th, 2013, 01:21
I used to have a lot of respect for Russian people but again after my experience of them in Pattaya..i've sadly changed my my opinion of them...i'm not saying their all alike but the ones i've seen in Pattaya give me the impression they think they are superior to other races....maybe thats why dont think they have to make the effort with people from other countries