PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 Baht off-fee! Is it true?

peeseua
January 26th, 2013, 11:07
I heard that over in Boyztown, some places are charging a 1,000 Baht off-fee and the late night clubs where the 'boys' are often offed by hi-so ladies can charge as much as 2,500 Baht. Is this true?

If this is true, then I am so glad I am a Sunee Plaza regular. Not even in Bangkok have I heard of off-fees this high! The last thing I would want to do is spend that amount, probably a similar sum to tip the 'boy' and pay (an equally inflated price) for our drinks. That could work out to a minimum of 6,000 Baht for a dubiously enjoyable short time!

blazer
January 26th, 2013, 13:01
May be just a rumor. I'd like to know if it is true.

But there is a girl bar directly across the road from the Jomtien complex that charges 1000 baht for off fee. Girl bar fees seem to be higher.

Neal
January 26th, 2013, 17:22
Someone told me that these outrageous off fees are for Daves Club and Nab where the boys are supposed to be model quality. I have no idea as I have never been to either and dont know if they are model quality but the off fee is said to be verified.

January 26th, 2013, 17:55
Colmx would be the man to answer this one I think but I believe the fees in NAB etc are actually even much MORE than that and they start high(er) and then reduce as the night goes on, my only comment is the people there offing their guys earlier and paying top dollar must be MAD as the boys in my view are anything but top model quality and one or two of them would actually need to be paying me to TAKE them home never mind the other way round.

UncleTom
January 26th, 2013, 19:12
Boyztown offs 400 Baht

anonone
January 26th, 2013, 20:17
You know, I would also love for colmx (or anyone knowledgeable) to provide some info on the coyote dancers at the clubs (Dave, NAB, Idol, etc.), as I never really understood that.

I spend a night or two at these places every visit, and I tend to agree with NIrish. Though my view is probably slanted as I much prefer a more twink type guy and the coyote dancers at these places all tend to be more muscular/masculine.

I do like to watch the Thai guys dancing, and there are a couple really good dancers in the lot usually....

peeseua
January 26th, 2013, 21:10
I could care less if it's just the clubs since I don't frequent them. I just hope the trend doesn't spread. It would make my usual sun, sea and sin holidays in Thailand most expensive.

colmx
January 26th, 2013, 22:15
I managed to break my foot in 2 places just before Christmas... so my adventures were severly curtailed on trip earlier this month but still managed to hit a minimum of one of Dave/NAB/Idol/Tum Nan issan on 21 of 24 nights!

To the best of my knowledge the off fee in Dave Man Club is 600B (+minimum of 1 expected Boy drink @400B)
The coyotes are expected to get 10 offs per month and 2 drinks per night
If they don't reach this quota their salaries are cut

In Idol there is no off fee, but when the boys have had 2000B in Coyote drinks bought (@400B each) they are entitled to finish working for the night
So i guess thats the equivalent of an off @2000B
The Coyotes in Idol tend to be less pushy than those in NAB/Dave

I have no idea what the off fee for Coyotes is in NAB - but they tend to concentrate more on selling coyote drinks than selling offs
Was in NAB 4 times this month and find the coytes there quite pushy for drinks
(plus waaay to many camp russians falling around the place)
As they have a lot less coyotes than Dave/Idol, i think they prefer to keep them on the stage rather than selling them... but rumoured off fee is 2500

I know if no bar in Pattayaland area that is charging a 1000 off fee
(unless you want to off the mamasan or manager!)

rifraf
January 26th, 2013, 23:24
Colmx, sorry to hear about what sounds like a rather serious injury. Hope you are feeling better and will be back in full form soon.

I was last in NAB on Christmas Eve and one of the coyotes there told me that the 'off' fee of 2000 Bath had been increased or doubled to 4000 Bath as the management wanted them on stage throughout the night to early morning. I did not verify this with any of the mamasans. And, yes, the coyotes were a nuisance asking not for one, but two drinks each. A couple of them amazingly were even willing to forgo receiving tips in lieu of buying them drinks. Has their drinks commission been increased?

One grey area I have always been curious about, but never followed up, is the so-called 'models' in both NAB and Idol as to whether they are 'offable' as well and, if so, for how much? Most of these guys somehow seem to be straight lads who are more sought after by ladyboys and females. The ones in Idol tend to be more visible on the floor after their performance, but some in NAB can also be seen at customers' tables asking for drinks as well.

I have been to both Dave and Idol more recently and Colmx's quoted 'off' fees for these venues are also what I know as the present going rate. Dave is the least costly of the three 'off' fee wise, but always seem to have a wide selection of good looking coyotes. NAB tend to have a small number of coyotes of late and inconsistent in selection, but it tends to have a much better selection of 'models'. Idol has a relatively large selection of coyotes and a wide selection of models. A number of these guys used to work at NAB.

It has been almost two months since I have been in Boyz Town and Pattayaland, but the thought of any bar there charging 1000 Bath for 'off' fee sounds far fetched, or at least bad for business. That would be one bar with some very, very unhappy dancers.

January 27th, 2013, 02:49
Why would you pay that sort of money to a bar when there are sites like Gayromeo?

anonone
January 27th, 2013, 09:18
colmx.
Thanks for the info on the clubs and coyotes dancers. I was just curious about them. When I head to the clubs, it is with a big group (usually the boys from Krazy Pub) and the BF. We are much more interested in drinking and dancing at the table then offing a coyote, so no idea about the details.

And best wishes for a speedy recover with the foot !

I don't think any of the BT bars have a 1.000 baht off fee. As alluded to in the original post, there may be a bar catering to HiSo Asian clientele that has those type of prices, but not in BT.

Oliver
January 27th, 2013, 10:26
Are theses coyotes offed by falangs or hi-so Thais?

colmx
January 27th, 2013, 21:28
Are theses coyotes offed by falangs or hi-so Thais?
I have only ever offed one coyote (he ws a dud from Dude!)
I have observed that its mainly Thai customers (Lady boys or gay Thais) that seem to off the coyotes... with the odd farang joining in
A large number of the Coyotes are ex-barboys... so chances are they have all been with farang in the past!

latintopxxx
January 28th, 2013, 23:42
2000-4000 off fee...wishful thinking...maybe jap females will pay this but then they r looking for prime beef....still lotsa Thai arse available for a fraction of this amount....

loke
January 30th, 2013, 19:26
Why would a Thai ladyboy or Thai gay off a coyote ??

Do they pay the same off fee?

Seems strange to me .