PDA

View Full Version : Colonial Bar & its 5 NEW Apartments - Sunee

travelerjim
January 23rd, 2013, 08:44
Colonial Bar & its 5 NEW Apartments - Sunee

Nicky's Gay Pattaya report shows the newly opened Colonial Bar & Apartments....
it has 5 rooms above the Colonial ...near Sunee.(formerly Mike's LaCage Bar/Club).

The rooms look very nice as does their website...

http://www.thecolonialpattaya.com/

...however NO prices are posted.
So if one is interested, you have to e-mail first using the link in their website.

I really do not understand the mentality of owners who have rooms to rent...and post NO prices...
thereby adding more steps for holiday visitors as they seek rooms and information. :dontknow:

I wonder also the stairs leading up to the rooms...
Stairs...are they narrow? or is there a hand rail?
Important considerations for the "mature" visitor.

I wish them well...looks like great rooms and super location. :laughing3:

tj

lonelywombat
January 23rd, 2013, 16:50
It is back over 12 months since it was closed. As I understand there was at least 3 flats upstairs plus the owners quarters.
I assume the new owners no longer want to live there, so it makes sense.

I never went upstairs but that is what I recall. The stairs I had a look once without going up, thought it a little steep.

My checkout was that I prefer someone to carry my bags upstairs, as it usually includes winter weight clothes from a trip to the UK, Spain or whatever.

Did not like the idea of staying upstairs, but it should appeal to others.

yumyumroger
January 29th, 2013, 14:53
It is back over 12 months since it was closed. As I understand there was at least 3 flats upstairs plus the owners quarters.
I assume the new owners no longer want to live there, so it makes sense.

I never went upstairs but that is what I recall. The stairs I had a look once without going up, thought it a little steep.

My checkout was that I prefer someone to carry my bags upstairs, as it usually includes winter weight clothes from a trip to the UK, Spain or whatever.

Did not like the idea of staying upstairs, but it should appeal to others.

I stayed here when it was La Cage and had no problem with the stairs. (except after a night in the bar
when they became wobbly for some reason).

The rooms (5) are now all renovated to a high standard.
The prices are perhaps negotiable depending on the length of stay ?

The back access was not available (cluttered) when I stayed but has been cleared up now
so you do not have to come & go through the bar itself.

cheers

yumyum

January 30th, 2013, 13:51
[quote="lonelywombat"]I never went upstairs but that is what I recall. The stairs I had a look once without going up, thought it a little steep./quote]what is it about staircases in Thailand many of them do seem to be steeper than back home?