PDA

View Full Version : Sawatdee Forum/Dr Philip 10,000 Baht Challenge

Neal
January 21st, 2013, 11:04
Sawatdee Gay Forum has issued a fund raising challenge for Dr Philip and his HIV work. Please read all about it and take advantage of this we match your donation offer in the Global Forum.

travelerjim
January 21st, 2013, 11:40
Thank you Neal and Sawatdee Forum for your offer to match up to 10,000 to the good work of Dr. Philippe in Pattaya.

For added information about HEARTT 2000 and Dr. Philippe's efforts to help HIV/AIDS patients as well as counsel
expats with helpful information and advice about Thais and the HIV/AIDS crisis, please see his website:

HEARTT 2000.....2,196 patients with HIV-AIDS disease seen and helped until 27 November 2012...
http://www.heartt2000.org/

HEARTT 2000 and Dr. Philippe Seur
Dr. Philippe Seur is well known in Pattaya for his campaign against AIDS. He works as a volunteer physician, with the help of donations, mainly from PGF (Pattaya Gay Festival), now called Pattaya Pride: Pattaya gay businesses and private persons.

Neal, I will be pleased to donate 1,000 Thai baht to this cause...
Thank you for your caring leadership & challenge match.

tj

000-baht-sawatdee-forum-phillipe-sauer-challenge-t27895.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/000-baht-sawatdee-forum-phillipe-sauer-challenge-t27895.html)
In the help to continue the fight against HIV and AIDS, Sawatdee-Gay-Thailand.com puts out this

10,000 baht

challenge to its members.

Donate, send to us, hand in to us, any amount up to 1,000 baht and we will double it up to the amount of 10,000 baht.

Give us 100 baht for Dr Phillipe and we will turn in 200 baht. G
ive us 500 andd we will turn in 1,000 baht and give us 1,000 baht and we will turn in to him 2,000 baht!!
(Sawatdee Gay Thailand will contribute a maximum of 10,000 baht)

Please help, your life may depend on it!

Please either turn it in to us or go to our Sawatdee-Gay-Thailand website and click on donate and send via Paypal which accepts most major credit cards. Please MAKE SURE to mark your contribution in the Paypal "other notes" section, DR PHILLIPE SAUER 10,000 baht challenge

Neal
January 21st, 2013, 11:48
Thank you for the first donation and please make sure you go to our donate button ON THE SAWATDEE FOUM website and in details write that it is for the challenge so it will qualify. Board featues in the toolbar above, click on DONATE and then you will go to the Paypal link where you can pay by all major credit cards.
Again thank you and we hope this challenge will show Dr. Philipe that our members care and that Sawtdee cares just as much.

Sawatdee Forum has also joined with Take Care and sponsored at the highest level the upcoming fundraiser but we will let them finish announcing this.
Sawatdee and Sawatdee members, caring for the gay community!

travelerjim
January 21st, 2013, 12:21
Thanks Neal,
I will need to do tomorrow as Paypal site is down:

"The PayPal website is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience."

tj

travelerjim
January 22nd, 2013, 09:17
Neal,
FYI... Paypal still down...same message.
Will try again tomorrow.
tj

travelerjim
January 23rd, 2013, 09:37
Hellp Neal,

I am happy to say my donation of 1,000 Thai baht was accepted via Paypal.

I used the link from your website ...signed into my Paypal account...
and sent the donation to your website owner for Dr Philippe's donation fund.

FYI...I was unable to send the Paypal from my computer with IE browser...
maybe a cookies situation..or whatever...but the donation did process as I uses the Google browser.

For those in Pattaya, maybe easier to connect with you in person. meet up on the beach or at the club.

Thanks for your willingness to match donations totalling 10,000 Thai baht. :wav:

tj

Neal
January 23rd, 2013, 14:13
I don't go to he bar anymore as it was transferred to M. The Paypal acount is in M's name so he notifies me when he recieves a payment. So far we have 2,000 in pledges and money recieved which will mean 4,000 to Dr Philipe. I would rather do it ths way as there is a record of it and no guesses of what happened to the money.
I know our members can do much better than 2,000 baht. Come on and don't make us look bad!

Neal
January 23rd, 2013, 17:47
OK we can confirm 2,000 baht recieved via Paypal which gives Dr Philip an additional 2,000 or 4,000 total. Come on!

January 24th, 2013, 07:32
Not sure whether this is just a temporary blip or not but just so you know ( and in case anyone else was trying and failing) but I just followed your donate button on this site to send some money and got the following information message below saying paypal was down ( seems strange as I though they were a massive organisation ?) - anyway, is there another way to donate perhaps ? If not I'll wait and try again later.

The PayPal website is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

* Edit to the above ( as this site won't let me delete the post for some reason ?) - Paypal is all back up and working again now should anyone else wish to donate.

Neal
January 24th, 2013, 13:15
Looks like Paypal has had some intermitent problems but your donation was recieved and on behalf of Dr Philip, we thank you. Come on now up to 3,000 which gives the Dr 6,000 bht!

January 25th, 2013, 00:14
Guys, whilst i'm sure we ALL agree that the good Doctor is a hugely worthwile cause as he carries out such great and much needed work in the whole HIV treatment / prevention field in Pattaya and all for free I maybe got just a little bit confused on reading Neal's instructions as to "how to donate", so I've posted a direct link to the donate page below to make it easier for every one.

You can just ignore all the stuff about donating to the board etc (as that's not what you're doing in this special case) and you just simply fill in the bottom box for how much you want to contribute (every little helps no matter how small dont forget ) and then just click the box for your preferred currency to use - So simple and then just let paypal do the rest (assuming you're already registered to use paypal of course) - and if not it only takes a second to register and the regisratation info IS private by the way, it stays with Paypal and doesn't go to Neal just in case anyone thought otherwise!)

So, the direct link is

donate/ (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/donate/)

* note - for some unknown technical reason the full web address doesn't show above BUT THE DONATE LINK DOES WORK ! - so, just click the word "donate" above and it will take you where you need to go :-)

And if nothing else just see it as a neat way of helping a really worthwhile cause AND sticking NEAL for a few quid as well as he's very kindly offering to match all donations up to a maximum of 10,000 baht ( if i read his post correctly!!)

Neal
January 25th, 2013, 02:15
Oh wow I did not think of all this.... as usual! Thanks NIrish for posting easier instructions and yes the ONLY reason it is going through the board website is so that we can keep track of the exact amount that we need to match. Personally I am stunned that you all have not got me on the hook for the full 10,000 baht yet. Yes, I will match up to 10,000 in donations and currently Paypal has taken your donations thus far and converted it into baht and we have 3,031.85 baht for which we will match.
Come on now, NIrish has made it so easy for you and you know you like to play here in Pattaya and now it is time for you to help a badly needed cause here. Please!

ceejay
January 25th, 2013, 15:56
Am I being dense? I can't find Thai Baht as a preferred currency option. Do you just work it out in your home currency and send that?

Neal
January 25th, 2013, 16:05
No. You send it in any of the currencies listed and Paypal then Paypal converts it in Thai baht and tells us the exact amount that the cnversion is right up to the minute.
WOW! No way would I do that. Everything is here and that's why we did it through Paypal. See one example below. British pounds came in and were converted to Thai baht with no service charge.

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
24 Jan, 2013 Payment From ****************** Completed ... ┬г25.00 GBP -┬г1.18 GBP ┬г23.82 GBP

Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
24 Jan, 2013 Currency Conversion Completed Details -┬г23.82 GBP ┬г0.00 GBP -┬г23.82 GBP
24 Jan, 2013 Currency Conversion Completed Details р╕┐1,093.45 THB р╕┐0.00 THB р╕┐1,093.45 THB

So in the above scinerio we received 1093.45 for the Doctor and we match it with an additional 1,000 baht. Easy and all accountable.

January 25th, 2013, 16:21
actually Neal i think you're misunderstanding Ceejay - he's asking do you select your own currency from the drop down box on the site ( to which the answer to that is YES) - and then as you describe paypal converts it and does the rest. The beauty being that the person donating can enter EXACTLY how much they want to give, in their own currency so they are sure of the amount going and then Paypal converts that to baht once it arrives with you, so basically you are both saying the same things and ceejay YES just select your own currency ( assuming it's in the XE list there of course but I'm sure it is as it covers almost everywhere)

Dax
January 28th, 2013, 04:15
Neal,

Are donations to Dr. Philipe's work tax deductible in the US?

Neal
January 28th, 2013, 08:27
I dont know but it is a registered non profit organiztion here in Thailand.

Neal
January 28th, 2013, 21:37
Thanks for everyone who has donated so far but as I said prior, I am kinda surprised at how slow this challenge is going. We have had donated after Paypal has converted it 4,178.98 and I am matching 3,938.40 so far which brings the Dr. 8,117.38 . as agreed I will match up to 1,000 baht of a donation and we have 6,061.60 left to go.
Please help. Jus 1,000 is $29.00 USD :crybaby:

Neal
January 31st, 2013, 20:51
Well I was trying to get all that 10,000 matched but it looks like we will not reach our goal. :crybaby:
Had just under 6,000 baht to go and we seem to have lost steam. I will close this challenge out and deliver it to Dr Philip within 1 week so if any of you want to help, please do so soon.
Thanks to all that have donated to his work.