PDA

View Full Version : Dreamliners

cottmann
January 19th, 2013, 11:30
Ignoring all the present fuss about the safety of Boeing's Dreamliners, I'd be interested to read the comments of any one who has flown on one of these planes, and their opinions of their comfort, e.g., seat pitch, width, comfort, etc., the inflight entertainment options, and so on. I'm not so much interested in any particular airlines' inflight service as information about the plane itself.

anonone
January 22nd, 2013, 08:14
I haven't been on it yet, but some of the answers to your questions are going to depend on the particular airline being flown. Not all airlines outfit the same planes with the same seats. As an example, ANA puts economy seats 8 across on this plane 2x4x2. United squeezes in 9 across in the same space 3x3x3.

Each airline also installs their own version of entertainment systems, etc.

Other than the operating environment (cabin pressure, larger windows, etc), there will not be any consistency of the plane due to the airline's choice of interiors.

Beachlover
February 16th, 2013, 10:16
Anyone flown in a Dreamliner yet and is the air actually better?

Haven't flown in one yet but looking forward to whenever it comes around... Interested to see if all the stuff they talk about with it having better on-board atmosphere (air not as dry etc.) actually makes a noticeable difference. The dry, thin atmosphere is probably the only thing I don't like about flying these days...

Do you think the 787's having a rougher or smoother ride than the 380 had when it first came out? I recall the 380 had some fairly issues and one near immense disaster (QF32).