PDA

View Full Version : Funeral Rogers Chase Saturday Jan 19

Neal
January 17th, 2013, 15:41
I have repeatedly asked freinds and family for a write up and a few pictures of Rogers Chas to post but to no avail so I have to wing this.

Rogers has sat in section 16 many years until his move about 2 years ago to section 11. A lontime resident of Pattaya for many months out of the year and would then fly home to I belive Bost or at least New England. Recently while having a glass of wine was bitten by a mosquito carrying Dengee Fever and went in and out of a coma for about 2 weeks in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

The cremation will be at 1 pm at the watchai on South Pattaya Road

Sorry. There are many people here that will miss you. Rest in peace.

Neal
January 19th, 2013, 03:56
Just got this info today. Thanks Jim!

He was bitten by mosquito 2 weeks ago and was in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital 2 weeks

- in and out of coma..and died. He was in his 70's and each year returned for 3-4 months to

visit daughter and family members in Boston area. He also had a cabin in Maine.

I believe he is the fine expat from Boston - a long time retiree on Jomtien/Dongtan beach who I remember

seeing him always sitting in the right-front chair/chaise type...in the section East of #15. He loved Dongtan Beach...

and lived very close by in the condos/homes behind Tui's.

Always helpful, friendly and a smile for all...

he was a true friend of us all who visited or lived in Pattaya/Jomtien.

His daughter visited him in Pattaya a year ago..as did his brother & sister in law several years ago.

I remember he was so happy they would be able to take time to come to visit him...and all had a very good time.

It was very sad for me to learn of his passing. May he Rest in Peace.

Take good care!
Regards from a beautiful sunny day in Oceanside/San Diego area,

Jim (and Ood too