PDA

View Full Version : My first time in Phuket...

jjg1950
January 15th, 2013, 15:51
Hello from sunny Phuket! This is my first ever post and also my first time to Phuket. One of the things I have enjoyed on this board is others comments on their adventures in gay thailand

I flew with my special friend Noom to Phuket on the 13th. An uneventful flight and an 800 baht taxi ride from the airport. Staying at Adonis ... very nice place at the end of the soi down from the Royal Paradise Hotel. I guess there are many less expensive places here but I am enjoying the hotel and the location is great as most of the gay bars, etc are close by within easy walking distance and the Paradise Hotel is so predominant here you can use it as your beacon to find your way back to the hotel.

Enjoyed a massage at the Blue Dolphin, one of many massage places. The place is more upscale and the owner assured me the boys were all professionally trained. The selction was ok and the boy I chose turned out to be very accomodating to my needs. Oil massage was 490 b plus 80 b private room. No minimum tip however the owner suggested 500 b would be adequate .... I left 500 b hehehe

That was enough excitement for one day and hope to continue with the second day later.

Thanks for the opportunity to post!

Geezer
January 15th, 2013, 17:34
Don't even think about renting a jet ski in Phuket or Pattaya. It is quite likely you would be accused of damaging the contraption and required to pay an exorbitant repair charge.

Jellybean
January 16th, 2013, 07:59
A very good first time post jjg1950 тАУ welcome to SGT!

We havenтАЩt heard very much about Phuket recently. The last time I was there was either 4 or 5 years ago, canтАЩt really remember. IтАЩd find it interesting to hear updates on the go-go bars. Do you intend visiting them?

Looking forward to reading your next report.

bing
January 16th, 2013, 08:24
Welcome to the forum... You might check at the Connect Hotel concerning their beach trip on Saturdays. It is all gay and not to be missed. It will be a highlight of your trip. If you have time you can be a tourist and visit James Bond Island.

jjg1950
January 16th, 2013, 10:19
Hello again! Thanks Jellybean for your comment. Yes, I visited a go go bar yesterday. I don`t know exactly why but I find this type of entertainment the most enjoyable. I went with my friend Noom to Yes bar. I went in as one boy in particular caught my eye outside and we went in despite being the only customers as it was still early (around 10:30pm). Soon the place began to fill as it was showtime. Most drinks 100 baht and drink for boy 150 baht. About 12 boys on stage ...mostly fem types but a couple of the type i like better. I could not control myself any longer and decided to off the boy I saw outside who for me was the standout! Off fee 300 baht! My friend Noom got all of a sudden shy and he went for a massage and I back to the hotel. I must say it was one of the best times I have ever had in Thailand. My boy was very affectionate, could converse ok in English and was very accomodating!

I have heard there are 2 more go gos in the area all owned by the same person but cannot confirm so will try and check those out as well. I leave tomorrow so may not have time.

Off to Bangkok ....

thrillbill
January 16th, 2013, 18:08
My Thai bf and l like to visit Phuket during Sonkran (we are from Pattaya). We like it since the beach is waaaaaaaaaaay nicer and all the gay venues are on one soi. After 11pm we like to hit Boat Bar and bounce back to Kiss bar for the shows and music. The last time we were there, Kiss had taken over as being the popular spot for meeting people. If you are new (NOT a repeat like us)Simon's has a nice show. For sauna, go to Aquarius around 5pm...it is NO Babylon...hit and miss there. Great sea food restaurants down the main street (Thanon Rd). Take a couple day trips out to the islands, fun. The negative aspect of Phuket is that it is more expensive than Pattaya (where I live) and the tuk tuk drivers (from South Thailand) are angry SOB's...not as friendly as in Pattaya. The locals there have a totally different "nature" about them than the rest of Thailand which is generally cheerful and with that Thai smile. (The Thai workers that are pleasant and easy to talk to in the service industry are most likely NOT from South Thailand but from up North or East.)

Oliver
January 16th, 2013, 20:02
Try to see some of the island. There are some beautiful beaches and mountains and they are easily accessible by taxi or hire car.

atri1666
January 17th, 2013, 04:36
Why you paid so much for taxi? You not take the normal taximeter? I also will stay at Adonis next time. When you have Utopiacard you will get 10% discount there. Normally stay few steps away in Rendezvous hotel but they are closed all june.