PDA

View Full Version : Alleged Killer from Pattaya now on the Run

Neal
January 11th, 2013, 00:21
The alleged murderer of a Wellington man stabbed to death in Thailand was allowed to leave the country and is now on the run. Robert Hollick, 43, from Upper Hutt, was stabbed with a knife three times in his neck and back during a bar fight in the coastal town of Pattaya in August.

Police arrested a 40-year-old Swede, Andreas Ringvall, and charged him with murder. His Thai girlfriend was also detained. Now, Mr Hollick's mother Anne Hollick has learnt Ringvall has been on the run for months. . . Ringvall was bailed days after being arrested, but Ms Hollick said she was shocked to discover that he had been allowed to return to Sweden in late October for "family reasons".

The Foreign Affairs and Trade Ministry confirmed to her on Tuesday that Ringvall was missing. A ministry spokeswoman confirmed that the Pattaya Court had granted Ringvall permission to leave Thailand. He had failed to return and an arrest warrant had been issued by the Thai authorities, she said.

Greg Pitt, managing partner at Thailand law firm Mackenzie Smith, said it would be highly unusual for someone accused of murder to be granted permission to leave the country. "I think perhaps a brown paper envelope [filled with cash] would have been passed in some way, which is not uncommon. "He probably had enough cash - and it has to be cash - to get him out of this s..."

Because the two people involved were foreigners it was unlikely the Thai Government would make any effort to track down Ringvall. The only possible option would be to establish where Ringvall was and take private litigation against him, which would be hugely expensive, he said. Thailand and Swedish authorities could not be contacted yesterday.

http://www.stuff.co....-now-on-the-run

January 11th, 2013, 01:03
I just HOPE you have a signed contract from that guy giving you permission to post his picture thats all ! :-)

See, you may be "da boss" but we can still rip the piss out of you occassionally ya know :-) but at least a) we can and b) you usually take it in the manner in which it's intended - ok so I'll expect my account to be on delete just about anytime shortly then :-)

Neal
January 11th, 2013, 01:45
I wont slap the piss otta ya but you owe me another dinner. :evil4: The picture was posted in the papers and on TV already right next to yours. :hello2:

witchhunt
January 11th, 2013, 02:47
Is this guy gay, was it a gay murder. I cannot understand why it needed to be posted here at all.

Neal
January 11th, 2013, 03:18
It's Pattaya, it's unusual, there is a pic and I was looking for stuff of interest. May I suggest that if it soes not interest you that you might consider skipping over it. :notworthy:

January 11th, 2013, 18:39
..May I suggest that if it does not interest you that you might consider skipping over it...

"..fucking off " is the phrase I would have used

:leb:

Neal
January 11th, 2013, 18:48
Recently I have been ordered to "lady like school", but in the scheme of things... Neal loves what Scottish Guy says. Dearie me....it's catching!

arsenal
January 12th, 2013, 09:18
We all know that a couple of hundred Baht gets you off the speeding, driving wrong way, not wearing a helmet etc. charge. But being able to buy your way out of a murder charge, that's a whole new level.
Unless it's simply a case of falang on falang and so the Thai authorities don't care.
I don't know which is worse.

Neal
January 13th, 2013, 16:39
Yes I read an update which stated that it was falang on falang and that it would not be followed up. :dontknow:

arsenal
January 14th, 2013, 13:55
Well perhaps the New Zealand government can apply some pressure to the Thai authorities. I hope so.