PDA

View Full Version : Taxi from DM

kittyboy
January 9th, 2013, 12:32
Hey Guys -

It is time for my winter trip to thailand. I am flying into DM airport and arrive about 1300.

What is the current taxi fare for getting to the Silom area? Do they have a set up similar to SV airport..a taxi stand with standard fares or is it a negotiation process like Phuket.

As an aside. I have started dating a chinese guy and he is coming along with me. Concubine number 1 as I like to refer to him. He is a sweet guy and I am looking forward to showing him around thailand a bit.

pong
January 9th, 2013, 17:41
yes-its like at swampy-or at the old times at DMK_But much more relax and basic. I saw enormous long Qs though last time I was there. Pay meter+any tolls+50 bt extra.
As old DMK hands will know-its daft easy to walk the 10-15 steps to the main road -where the buses also stop and hail a taximeter from there-saving you the wait and the 50 bt surcharge. Buses 29+510 will run till at least the Mochit end of BTS-where about anyone gets off. Bus 504 will run onward (bypass MOchit)- slow by WTC and all along Silom.
Taxi-by meter in slack times from main rd should be less as 200-add TOLLway midday-if you like/the driver likes, but not really needed there-alas no fit expressway later to bypass the jams for Siom proper.