PDA

View Full Version : Question about rules for EXIT PERMITS from Immigration

jvt22222
January 8th, 2013, 07:30
I have a retirement visa ...... normally I get a one time exit permit/re-entry permit (never know what they are actually called) rather than a multiple one as I generally don't leave Thailand often enough to warrant the additional expenses ...... I know that I will be leaving Thailand in April 2013 to return a month later .... my question>> how far ahead of time can I actually get the exit permit??

Thanks.

January 8th, 2013, 07:35
As early as you would like. I get mine the day after I renew my Retirement Visa and it is valid until used or the visa expires.

2lz2p
January 9th, 2013, 12:07
As mentioned many get their "Re-Entry Permit" right after they renew their extension of stay. Single is 1,000 Baht and multiple is 3,800 Baht - whether single or multiple, the Permit's expiration date will be the expiration date of your latest Permission to Stay Until stamp (usual renewal anniversary date).

That said, you may want to leave your planned departure date blank on the application or use a date within a couple weeks of your application date - a friend went to renew at Pattaya Jomtien Soi 5 Immigration Office to get a Re-Entry permit a month or so before he planned to leave Thailand - he was applying for a multiple - he put his planned departure date on the form and the Immigration Officer told him to come back a couple weeks before he planned to leave (didn't issue him the Permit) - TIT -- whim of Immigration Officer on duty?? I usually leave departure date blank and just say I'm not sure, but may be going to Cambodia with friends soon - never had a problem getting it at time of application.

jvt22222
January 10th, 2013, 09:18
Many thanks for the info.