PDA

View Full Version : Stunning offer for travel agents from Royal Cliff

lonelywombat
January 4th, 2013, 04:12
My friend in Qantas just rang re offer for a beach front suite with Royal Cliff, open until 30 September. Looks fantastic,

https://mail-attachment.googleuserconte ... V1Z3YF67vI (https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=159590ab16&view=att&th=13c0216ef4161c96&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8blQFvqfDuZ02Yi7Jz322p&sadet=1357250955303&sads=7T0U2qiFeNVlKbTdnV1Z3YF67vI)

January 4th, 2013, 04:37
Weird link you have provided - invites me to input my gmail username and password to see the content (which I won't be doing).

lonelywombat
January 4th, 2013, 07:24
Not sure what you are being asked for . I loaded what was sent to me and have tried to get your request.

However it is for travel staff and to get more info you have to apply.

If you are interested, then I guess you apply.

However Id like to see where or what you replied to as I do not get that request

kjun12
January 4th, 2013, 07:29
Wombat, I, also, believe you have sent us a bad link. When I tried it I got a message that my gmail account was not available.

Neal
January 4th, 2013, 07:36
A Google approach to email.

Gmail is built on the idea that email can be more intuitive, efficient, and useful. And maybe even fun. After all, Gmail has:

Lots of space

Over 10328.975415 megabytes (and counting) of free storage.

Less spam

Keep unwanted messages out of your inbox.

I wont dispute that but it seems everyone is getting a LOG IN ACCOUNT or someting to join and register. Just an FYI

Mobile access

Get Gmail on your mobile phone. Learn more

About Gmail
New features!
Switch to Gmail
Create an account

Gmail runs fast in the Chrome browser

Chrome is a fast, free browser made for the modern web.

Download Chrome

lonelywombat
January 4th, 2013, 07:56
I am not sure of where the info came from but the contact was at the bottom. I believe it is excellent we pass the offer on to all to encourage travel and associated persons to visit Pattaya

ADDRESS & CONTACT DETAILS
353 Phra Tamnuk Road, Pattaya, Cholburi 20150, Thailand.
Email: relax@royalcliff.com | sales@royalcliff.com
Tel: +66 38 250 421 | Fax: +66 38 250 511, +66 38 250 141

here is the copy
The multi award-winning Royal Cliff Hotels Group is conveniently located between Pattaya
and Jomtien, in a 64 acre private parkland estate overlooking the stunning Gulf of Thailand.
The Royal Cliff Hotels Group offers the perfect beachfront setting with traditional Thai
style furnishing with a touch of modernity, extraordinary service and the ambience of
absolute luxury. This eminent property is home to four 5-star hotels, each offering a
sensory experience defined profoundly by its individual styles, characters and elegance - all
presented with the distinctive spirit of the State of Exclusivity and Fascination.
The Royal Cliff Hotels Group is a winner of the prestigious World Travel Awards and is
the only hotel group in Asia Pacific to be elevated to the TTG Travel Hall of Fame.
The Royal Cliff Hotels Group offers 1,090 rooms & suites and a wide scope of facilities
including 11 restaurants and bars, 2 spas, 6 swimming pools, 7 floodlit tennis courts, 2
air-conditioned squash courts, state-of-the-art fitness centre, 4-hole putting green,
Thai cooking school, exclusive beach, catamaran, excursions to nearby tropical islands
and an extensive range of meeting and banqueting facilities, including 3 ballrooms and
53 meeting rooms.
Mini Suite Sea View at the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel at
THB 3,400 per room per night
(supplementary charge of THB 200 for the newly-refurbished Mini Suite Plus)
OR
Club Sea View Room at the Royal Cliff Grand Hotel at
THB 4,400 per room per night
The above rates are valid until 30 September 2013
The above rates are for single/double/twin occupancy and are based on per room night
Company ID or Business Card is required upon check-in and all reservations must be pre-booked
These rates are not applicable for walk-ins
These rates are not applicable during the Peak Season period 25 December 2012 тАУ 15 January
2013 (inclusive of both dates)
The above rates are inclusive of service charge and government VAT
The above rates include American Breakfast Buffet
Late check-out is subject to availability
Complimentary use of Fitz Club тАУ Health & Fitness Centre
Complimentary access to the Lotus Club Lounge (for Club Sea View Room guests only)
Travel Trade Special Offer
Terms & Conditions :
We are pleased to include the following benefits :-
We are now offering special packages for Travel Trade Staff
(includes Travel Agents,

Khor tose
January 4th, 2013, 11:37
I agree this sounds like a very good deal, but do not understand the section where it asks for a Corporate ID or business card. Does that mean us retirerees cannot make use of this deal. or I just have to present one of my old business cards and explain my Thai partner somehow, or most likely, only open to travelers from abroad.

Neal
January 4th, 2013, 15:28
Two things here.
I believe that Lonely IS a member of Google nd therefore bypasses this sign up page. People who are not members need to register/sign up and then they go will bypass that sign in page also.

I also believe that this is a deal for travel agents. If you are a travel agent, you have an IATA number and some sort of official travel agent ID. Am I correct here Lonely?

January 4th, 2013, 16:30
Well......I also have a google email account and when I followed LW's link it took me to a sign-in page where I was expected to input my log-in details. Nothing was "bypassed" (but see below).

Now, I'm not casting any aspersions on LW at all - but I am certainly not going to input my log-in details via a link on a message board. Call me old-fashioned!

I'm sure it's all perfectly "legitimate" and it's just another way for google to spy on what you look at (for whatever purpose), but it just makes me uneasy.

I think the reason that some people were not directed to the "log-in" page was that they may have already been signed into Gmail/Google at the time of following the link provided by LW - which if you think about it, is even more outrageous on the part of Google as they are not even asking for specific permission (via a log-in) to track your access to the linked document.

:occasion9:

Khor tose
January 4th, 2013, 19:34
Two things here.
I also believe that this is a deal for travel agents. If you are a travel agent, you have an IATA number and some sort of official travel agent ID. Am I correct here Lonely?

I think you are correct. Funny no answer from TJ.

cdnmatt
January 4th, 2013, 20:17
Now, I'm not casting any aspersions on LW at all - but I am certainly not going to input my log-in details via a link on a message board. Call me old-fashioned!

You probably wouldn't have gotten to the attachment anyway, so wouldn't worry about it. You would have logged in with your Gmail account, and that e-mail attachment isn't in your account, so you wouldn't have been able to view it anyway.

Don't worry, it's fine. LW just logged into Gmail, copied the attachment link, and posted it here. He didn't realize that only he can view it.

EDIT: If you try that link while logged into Gmail, you just get an error saying, "WeтАЩre sorry, but your Gmail account is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience and suggest trying again in a few minutes.". That's because I'm not logged into LW's Gmail account, so don't have access to that attachment.

January 4th, 2013, 21:19
Ok, thanks for that Matt - I assumed it was some kind of shared document I had to log-in to view.

You see, the log-in page the link took me to had my email address and password fields pre-populated, but I now understand that was done by my PC in anticipation of my logging-in

So basically, LW's link leads nowhere and nobody can see the deal - just as well he subsequently "printed" it out for us.

I've never stayed at Royal Cliff and I'm not tempted even at the reduced prices - but hopefully someone will get a deal.

:occasion5:

lonelywombat
January 5th, 2013, 16:09
I am sorry I received the email from a Qantas staff member and posted. I did not think of the issues that I created.

I have stayed in Royal Cliff when my condo was let, 3 possibly 4 times . I thoroughly enjoyed it but I know it is not every persons cup of tea.

Access to the pools ,gym, the many bars and the restaurants were to me a nice alternative to the downtown Pattaya. Boys are very cute even if not available. Meals great.

Their problem was the access to Pattaya city. There was a an on call taxi from Royal Cliff , at the then price of 150 baht to where you wanted to go, Surely it is more than that

Coming back was always on a bike and it was extra to send boy home by hotel limo.

Look a suite overlooking the bay from a high altitude was great. I wont go into all the other benefits. For travel people the chances to have a really super visit but down market prices, are great.

Sorry for those confused, or felt being ripped off.

Me, it is 43 degrees and quickly ends my Xmas vacation. I am hurrying home as fast as I can go.