PDA

View Full Version : Rome Hotel Pattaya

Neal
December 22nd, 2012, 17:00
I was looking around at the new posts and thought I saw a question about the Rome Hotel and it being near Baan Souey etc but now do not see that post when I went to make a comment.

I also would like to know if anyone has any experince with this place. It opened advertising to the gay community within the last year but as I come out of Theppasit Road I always see that gigantic LED sign next door to the car rent place advertising the Rose Hotel and not mentioning a thing about it being gay or even gay freindly.
Anyone have any info?

bruno513
December 23rd, 2012, 14:10
I'll be next week for a few days there. Then, I write my impressions.
I booked the room for 2 persons. Only I'll checkin.

I ask because joiner fee. The answer is:

We don't charge for joiner but if the joiner stay with you along your stay we will charge like 3rd persons @ 500.- THB per night (not include Breakfast).

I do not properly understand. Can I bring 1 person for free? I have to pay the 3. Person 500 THB ?

Who can help?

zinzone
December 23rd, 2012, 16:31
I'll be next week for a few days there. Then, I write my impressions.
I booked the room for 2 persons. Only I'll checkin.

I ask because joiner fee. The answer is:

We don't charge for joiner but if the joiner stay with you along your stay we will charge like 3rd persons @ 500.- THB per night (not include Breakfast).

I do not properly understand. Can I bring 1 person for free? I have to pay the 3. Person 500 THB ?

Who can help?

-I can help to the extent of trying to interpret the answer given to you. I cannot guarantee my interpretation is correct.Remember 2 things : they are trying their best to answer you and secondly you have already booked a room for 2 persons but only you are checking in. Therefore your question is addressed to them on the basis that you want a 3rd person to stay and they are answering you on the basis you told them you were booking a room for 2 persons.
They are saying as I interpret it: there is no joiners fee unless the 3rd person is staying long time. A short time or over night is ok and no charge. They seem to be saying you can bring a 3rd person for free unless its for the duration of your stay then there is an extra 500 per night.

Remember you have confused them by booking for 2 and asking about a 3rd guest when in fact to begin with only you are staying.

I am sure that when you check in and tell them its' only you staying there they will tell you that there is no joiners fee for a guest namely you + your 1 guest.

bruno513
January 17th, 2013, 22:27
I was three nights in this hotel. Actual I wanted to stay longer. It has, but enough.

Positive
- Friendly staff.
- Not far to Sunee plaza
- Free Minibar

Negative
- The room was rather small.It looked quite different than on the Pictures
- The trash-Bin in the toilet was still full at the check-in
- Once time the room was not cleaned.
- Simply much too expensive for this

I can not recommend it.

Last:
14/01/13 Rome hotel on the Thappraya Road, Pattaya is no longer seeking gay clients and is no longer advertising in gay media.

NickysGayPattaya
January 20th, 2013, 07:02
14/01/13 Rome hotel on the Thappraya Road, Pattaya is no longer seeking gay clients and is no longer advertising in gay media.

We can confirm that not only are Rome no longer seeking gay clients, they are turning them away. We know of one person who went there on a recommendation and asked if they were gay friendly. They were told they were not gay friendly and would prefer not to have gay people staying there.

Nicky's websites have delisted the hotel - there are plenty of other resort style hotels, far more welcoming to gay people. Just up the hill is Baan Souy and in Jomtien there is Ganymede to mention but two.

N