PDA

View Full Version : Price Hike in DreamBoy BKK

xiluzer
December 21st, 2012, 15:02
The off fee in Dreamboy right now is 650 bht..

and starting next year (according to the mamasan) it's going to be a whopping 700 bht !!! too much isn't it..??!!

while Tawan is now 500 bht, not sure about Jupiter, Hotmale is still 400 bht..

i wonder if the expensive off fee in DReamBoy will affect the boys there...

firecat69
December 21st, 2012, 15:35
This owner has been getting away with milking his 90% Asian customers for some time. But he may have reached his limit. The customers will pay 350 baht for their one drink and then skip the off. Once that starts happening he will lose his boys and then his customers.

Their is a limit to Greed even for this Bar Owner!

December 21st, 2012, 17:24
On the other hand though both that and X boys were full the other night and plenty of boys being offed so it appears whilst we may not like it he's reading the market about right and IS getting away with it the best unfortunately :-(

a447
December 21st, 2012, 18:32
xiluzer wrote:
The off fee in Dreamboy right now is 650 bht..

That's why I now spent most of my time in Pattaya. Last visit I didn't even go to Bkk - or I might have stayed there just a night or two. Bkk, as we now know, caters to a different gay clientele - the nouveau riche Chinese and Koreans who don't know the true price of things. Mind you, considering that those countries do not have a gogo bar scene (and certainly no fucking shows), perhaps they are getting value for money. I've got a couple of days in BKK at the end of my trip (for dental work), so I might just drop into a couple of bars and ask the Japanese guys how they feel about the prices.

I get the feeling that the gays bars of soi twilight no longer need us; they can make much more money from the Asians now. One thing's for sure - I certainly won't be paying a 700 baht off fee. Nor 350 baht for a drink if there is no show. And given the financial situation in the West, they may have made the right choice.

Luckily, we have other places in LOS to go to to have fun.

christianpfc
December 22nd, 2012, 03:16
People pay these drink prices (last time I went the bar was full), and maybe people even offed boys.

At these prices, I can't see myself ever going to Dreamboys again.

lonelywombat
December 22nd, 2012, 05:42
- the nouveau riche Chinese and Koreans who don't know the true price of things. Mind you, considering that those countries do not have a gogo bar scene (and certainly no fucking shows), perhaps they are getting value for money.

Once again the people that own the bars have got together with the people who run the Chinese and Taiwan gay tours, and made a deal. They are cleaning up the gay dollar income and laughing all the way to the bank.

No one in Pattaya knows where to start, they are happy to wait on the English speaking tourist that carried them for the first 20 years, and hope in desperation it would come back.

Where do these tourists stay in Bangkok.Surely it would be easy for a local promoter to find the tour organizers , and try to include Pattaya for a second or side trip. My experience is the Asians come only once.

I am aware it would take months to get it rolling, but the sooner it gets started the better all round for Pattaya.

neddy3
December 22nd, 2012, 06:31
Late in November, I went to Dreamboys to see the show. The first time in a long time, at least a year and a half.

Well, the show was a sloppy version of the show I had seen last time.
I recognised quite a few performers in the show, who have been doing this for a long time.
This showed in the jaded attitudes of people 'going through the motions'.
There were also some new faces.

I did not even consider an off, as I think expectations from boys here would be rather high.

All in all, my conclusion was that I never need to go back.

In light of the prices quoted by xiluzer, the suggestions that the owner is (1) greedy and (2) milking the uninformed Asian tourists
seem reasonable to me.

Rush, Yet Again
December 22nd, 2012, 09:13
Or perhaps the тАЬnouveau riche Chinese and KoreansтАЭ and тАЬuninformed Asian touristsтАЭ perceive value differently than you and donтАЩt get their panties in a wad over a lousy $9.

That greedy owner has been running one of the most successful bars on the soi for some time now. And every time his prices go up someone here predicts the end of his world. And yet, he continues to pack his bar . . .

peeseua
December 22nd, 2012, 10:48
I'm glad that they seem to be doing so well but I went to Dreamboys ONCE eight years ago, to see the show and didn't dare off anyone from there because I was given the impression (at the bar itself) that I really couldn't afford to do that. Never been back since.

neddy3
December 22nd, 2012, 10:48
Or perhaps the тАЬnouveau riche Chinese and KoreansтАЭ and тАЬuninformed Asian touristsтАЭ perceive value differently than you and donтАЩt get their panties in a wad over a lousy $9.

That greedy owner has been running one of the most successful bars on the soi for some time now. And every time his prices go up someone here predicts the end of his world. And yet, he continues to pack his bar . . .

Yes, maybe they do see value differently. Maybe on short trips, they are prepared to be spenders.

My panties are not in a wad.
I went into the bar knowing the drink cost and the off cost, though I was out of date on the second.

My point was more to do with my disappointment in the show, and how it has not changed or developed over time.
Plus the decline in energy and enthusiasm revealed.

It is also true that the "nouveau riche Chinese and Koreans" and "uninformed Asian tourists" won't know (or care) about this.

It is more a reflection of the owner, who even you describe as greedy.

Rush, Yet Again
December 22nd, 2012, 12:10
DonтАЩt get your panties in a wad neddy, my comment wasnтАЩt directed at your comment specifically but at the general tenor of this thread (except for Lonely who evidently plans on bringing the Asian tour groups and their high prices down to Pattaya for yтАЩall).

Your point about the show not being updated is spot on, but nothing new (which also seems to have little impact on the barтАЩs popularity). TheyтАЩve been running that giant spurting cock sketch (the fake one) ever since the bar was upstairs on the other side of Suriwong. Even for Thais who generally appreciate their humor being well-telegraphed, thatтАЩs pushing it.

CoffeeBreak
December 22nd, 2012, 13:48
In my view many of the BKK bars, their drink prices and "off" fees are excessive and ludicrous. The fact that the Asians are prepared to pay such prices but the westerner is not says more about the sense of the westerners than it does about the Asians. Also many of the workers in these bars prefer to go with Asian customers because they often over tip the Thai's for doing very little.
Whilst the prices in Pattaya has risen its' far better value than BKK

a447
December 22nd, 2012, 14:18
Rush, yet again has rushed, yet again to conclusions.

Rush, Yet Again wrote:

I wrote:
perhaps they are getting value for money.

Same, same.

And how do you know that the Japanese clients may think $9 is "lousy"; i.e. not expensive enough to worry about?? I've never paid $9 for a beer in a gay bar in Tokyo, that's for sure. At those prices, the bars would be empty! But I will ask around once I get to Bkk and see what they say, even though I think I know the answer already.
If you want to pay $9 for a beer in a bar when there is no show on, good luck to you.

Rush, Yet Again wrote:
That greedy owner has been running one of the most successful bars on the soi for some time now.

I wrote:
And given the financial situation in the West, they may have made the right choice.

Same, same.

And every time his prices go up someone here predicts the end of his world.

Who? (Apart from Firecat69, whose predictions of doom and gloom are notoriously wrong) People are simply saying they will not go to the bar again. You are reading too much into the comments.

firecat69
December 22nd, 2012, 15:10
A447 you never miss a chance to say something about me but i won't waste my time arguing with you about BKK. I know more about BKK then you will ever know and you show your ignorance trying to comment on something you know nothing about . When you have lived at least 2 years in BKK and been to the Gay Bars 3-400 times we will be interested in hearing your opinions. Until then go back to commenting on Pattaya where at least you know about 1/2 as much as you think you do!

Rush, Yet Again
December 22nd, 2012, 17:01
Blah, blah, blah.

So, other than agreeing with me in a rather long winded manner, and misconstruing a $9 figure on the increase in bar fine as being the price of a beer at a bar that has suddenly, and rather miraculously, no longer having a show, your point is ?????

(And btw, the conclusion that I rushed to was based on the evidence of that bar still reeling in the crowds despite the raise in prices.)

But your rush rushed to conclusions was cute [actually it would be rushed to judgment; itтАЩs jumped to conclusions]. You probably shoulda stopped there.

There is nothing wrong with you - or anyone else - not wanting to pay $9 more for an off fee, a drink, or what amounts to a cover charge at a bar. Your money, your life. Lucky you stay Pattaya, huh? But claiming others wonтАЩt, or that Asian visitors to Bangkok are somehow less knowledgeable in regards to cost versus value or тАЬdonтАЩt know the true price of thingsтАЭ, and that the bar will fail is just ridiculous. The evidence of that barтАЩs continued success says differently.

a447
December 22nd, 2012, 17:11
Firecat wrote:
I know more about BKK then you will ever know

Possibly. But a comment totally irrelevant to this thread.

you show your ignorance trying to comment on something you know nothing about

Well, if you think my comments relating to the Asians in Soi twilight are a case of me commenting on something I don't know anything about, then correct them in your next post! Bet you can't!

Don't forget, now. Tell us what the real situation is in Soi twilight vis a vis the Asian and farang clientele.

When you have lived at least 2 years in BKK....

Is that all! Well, then let me tell you something you haven't picked up on yet. Ready?

Bars change from month to month, so it doesn't really matter how long you've been in BKK.

Yet another comment irrelevant to this thread.

.... Pattaya where at least you know about 1/2 as much as you think you do!

Well, judging from your comments in another thread, my half is a hell of a lot more than what you know about Pattaya. I mean, it was you, not me, who was trying to tell readers that there is no sleazy bar left in Sunee, and that sleaze and underage boys do not exist in Boystown! For christsakes, Firecat, get a grip!

a447
December 22nd, 2012, 17:26
Firecat wrote:
The customers will pay 350 baht for their one drink

Rush wrote:
and misconstruing a $9 figure on the increase in bar fine as being the price of a beer at a bar

Sorry, who misconstrued?

that has suddenly, and rather miraculously, no longer having a show

Please point out in my post where I said that. It's gonna be hard, because I didn't say anything of the sort. I said that $9 for a beer is expensive when there is no show on; i.e. when you are sitting in the bar between shows.

But claiming others wonтАЩt, or that Asian visitors to Bangkok are somehow less knowledgeable in regards to cost versus value or тАЬdonтАЩt know the true price of thingsтАЭ

Where did I claim others won't pay the high prices in Dreamboy?? Please point out in my post where I said that.
How would Asian visitors know the prices in BKK? How would they have known what Dreamboy used to charge? How did you, (or I, for that matter) know these things when we first started coming to BKK? I had no idea. I learnt from experience over numerous visits.

and that the bar will fail is just ridiculous. The evidence of that barтАЩs continued success says differently.

Please point out in my post where I said that. I actually said the complete opposite. Here it is:

I get the feeling that the gays bars of soi twilight no longer need us; they can make much more money from the Asians now........ And given the financial situation in the West, they may have made the right choice.

pennyboy
December 22nd, 2012, 21:13
[]
A447 you never miss a chance to say something about me but i won't waste my time arguing with you about BKK. I know more about BKK then you will ever know and you show your ignorance trying to comment on something you know nothing about . When you have lived at least 2 years in BKK and been to the Gay Bars 3-400 times we will be interested in hearing your opinions. Until then go back to commenting on Pattaya where at least you know about 1/2 as much as you think you do![/

First of all , no need for the royal "WE". You don't speak for me. I always enjoy A447's postings and am interested in his opinions.

atri1666
December 22nd, 2012, 23:39
Same me. I like the posts of a447. I visit BKK since 1983 and know many of the old and new places but there are 2 bars in soi twighlight i never visited because of the greedy owner.

December 23rd, 2012, 00:17
Firecat's comment to a447 is fairly typical of the attitude of some ex-pats living in BKK (but thankfully not all) - which goes something like this:

If you do not live in Thailand - "we" consider your opinion on anything to do with Thailand is worthless.
If you live in Pattaya - "we" consider that any opinion you may have on BKK is worthless.
Additionally, it's obvious to "us" that really you'd like to live in BKK, but you can't afford to.
If "we" are forced to admit that you COULD afford to live in BKK but choose to live in Pattaya, then the only possible explanation must be that you simply have no taste or class.
If you're simply a sex tourist, "we" ask you to please fuck off as soon as possible as you are tipping the boys way too much and spoiling it for "us" 500B tippers.

:wav:

Neal
December 23rd, 2012, 01:37
When I went to Soi Twilight last time, as I do not drink, I offered all of them 200 baht for water and was immeadiately ushered in. The only one tht turned me away was the real greedy one Dream Boys and his other bar which is connected. I think 200 baht for a 6 baht water is certainly ok but he wanted 300 baht so I just mosied along keeping the money in my pocket.

firecat69
December 23rd, 2012, 02:28
Another person heard from who knows nothing about what he is talking about. For your information I have lived both in Pattaya and BKK. The greedy owner keeps raising his prices because his Bar is empty 4-5 days out of the week except during certain Holiday periods. His customers are 90% Asians because most farangs won't pay his prices. On weekends his bar is packed at show time and empty 15 minutes after the show ends. Maybe those prices are the only way he can survive but since I know quite a few of his boys. They tell me they are not getting offed and they are worried.. They don't work there for tips, they need to be offed to survive. My comment was only that he may have finally gone to far. He has survived for a long time and maybe he will continue to survive . Only time will tell.

Neal
December 23rd, 2012, 05:42
Dream Boy Bar in Soi Twilight is now charging 330 baht per drink. This is ludicrous.
I hope potential customers will adopt the attitude of not going to places which charge such nonsence prices! Mid Feb 2011

I was recently in a go go bar -dream boy-in soi twilight(surawong road) BKK. The drink price is 300 baht, even for a 5 baht glass of water, and the second drink costs 260 baht. To "off" a boy, it is 500 baht.
Are not these prices totally over the top or have I missed something???!!! July 9, 2011

I think it is definitely a Soi Twilight thing when it comes to the hugely inflated drink prices...especially Boys Bangkok and its sister bar. When I was there it was 300 baht per drink because of the "show". Definitely overpriced, but the place was packed the night I was there (last Nov). Other bars on the street were a bit less..like 220 baht or so IIRC.

Pattaya drinks way cheaper. And the bars more fun for me. April 2011

Last Saturday night I dropped in for what was being billed as a "Special Show" at Dream Boys on Soi Twilight, Bangkok. The first drink price was 300B, second drink 250B, third 200B. You would be better off buying a bottle. The best I could tell the only thing "Special" about this show was the price. It was pretty much the same one that I saw 3 weeks ago at 250B. I guess the German owner figured that new tourists would not know. He also is not banking on the expats noticing, though there were several in the audience and the two I spoke to did notice.

I will say two positive things about the BBB group (Dream Boys and Boys Bangkok) first, it's the only non smoking go-go on the soi. Second, there's a lot of new boys and many are very good looking. The staff is not pushy either, OK that's three nice things.

Last Sat. I was in Future Boys and for the 10pm show there were about 7-8 customers. I was surprised they had the usual show. Lots of nice boys, a few I know. Show, not bad but there's two pushy mama-sans that got annoying. Drinks were 230B. March 2010

I was out on the Soi a few times this week.

X-Boys did have a big cock show (more so a parade) but no full nudity. They did the body paint thing, the candle wax thing (which has always made me nervous with those curtains so close and the boys oblivious to the fire hazard). Then they took out the rubber hose and started whacking each other with it. The D.J. (who's been there forever) is still cutting in with jibberish in Thai as he's been doing for years (also oblivious that most of the customers couldn't make out what he's saying - even if they could understand Thai). A lot of tattoos and some fairly rough looking boys in the show(s).

Dream Boys / Boys of Bangkok also had a big cock show. After they herded us all down to Boys of Bangkok the cabaret drag started up (in Thai) and most of the farang customers couldn't get their checks and get the hell out fast enough. Nov 9 2009

There were about 20 more pages I could have gone through!

Impulse
December 23rd, 2012, 08:15
First of all , no need for the royal "WE". You don't speak for me. I always enjoy A447's postings and am interested in his opinions.[]
A447 you never miss a chance to say something about me but i won't waste my time arguing with you about BKK. I know more about BKK then you will ever know and you show your ignorance trying to comment on something you know nothing about . When you have lived at least 2 years in BKK and been to the Gay Bars 3-400 times we will be interested in hearing your opinions. Until then go back to commenting on Pattaya where at least you know about 1/2 as much as you think you do![/

First of all , no need for the royal "WE". You don't speak for me. I always enjoy A447's postings and am interested in his opinions. Same Same me too. :hello2:

December 23rd, 2012, 18:10
Another person heard from who knows nothing about what he is talking about..

I suspect very few give a toss where you have lived - get over yourself.

firecat69
December 23rd, 2012, 23:26
If you guys could read and comprehend it would be great.

"This owner has been getting away with milking his 90% Asian customers for some time. But he may have reached his limit. The customers will pay 350 baht for their one drink and then skip the off. Once that starts happening he will lose his boys and then his customers.

Their is a limit to Greed even for this Bar Owner!"

I said MAY have reached his limit. I said Once it starts happening not that it was happening. I said there is a LIMIT to greed , nowhere did I say that limit had been reached.

But because A447 has nothing better to do then pick fights , he tries to misconstrue what I said just so he can argue.

ceejay
December 24th, 2012, 04:22
I knew a few greedy businessmen in my working life and they were all failures, pricing themselves out of the market because they could not see beyond the profit margin they had set themselves for every single transaction. That's not to say that there's anything wrong with profits, businesses die without them. It's just that a business that is doing a lot of trade on a 100% mark up is doing a hell of a lot better than one doing minimal business on 200%.
The guy who is charging more than the competition and keeping his customers is not greedy. He's just a better businessman than they are.

Neal
December 24th, 2012, 06:17
I understand and understood what you are saying Firecat but and unfortunately another poster also wrote that I was complaining about prices a few posts above. I never mentioned what I thought about the prices but what all my copy and pastes did show was that various people have been complaining about the prices hikes and reaching the limit, along with that they are not going back continuously for several years and several price hikes. Just don't go back.

a447
December 24th, 2012, 08:26
Firecat69 wrote:
If you guys could read and comprehend it would be great.

You can't be serious! Surely, you jest! You, of all people, suggesting we "read and comprehend."

Here are some of your recent clangers, albeit from another thread. This is you Firecat, obviously "trying to comment on something you know nothing about."

Factual errors:

However it is evident that there are not enough of these type customers to have the GoGo Bars flourish in Sunee and they are definitely not flourishing

the biggest problem Sunee Go Go's have is the lack of boys

The Bar that is left doing any real business

all the GoGo Bars in Sunee with the exception of NB have trouble getting a full complement of boys.

Almost every boy in there was underage

Here are some recent examples of you obviously not reading and comprehending your own posts:

contadictions:

Sunee has always been the capitol of sleaze in Pattaya. Must be why they have so many police raids and bars out of business!!

but then this:

they don't raid and close bars for sleaze.

Once that starts happening he will lose his boys and then his customers.

but then this:

and maybe he will continue to survive

I take you at your word that when you went in to GB there were no underage boys .

but then this:

whether you want to admit it or not.

(And that was from the SAME post! :sign5: )

I have already commented that Underage and Sleaze do not necessarily go hand in hand

But then this:

As far as me equating sleaze with underage boys, the type I am talking about occurred at the closed bars I mentioned and therefore equating them is completely reasonable.

I never entered Good Boys

But then this:

Good Boys would be the perfect example. Almost every boy in there was underage

a good % of the underaged boys have been removed. Until they are all removed Sunee will continue to suffer from a well earned bad reputation.

But then this:

and go with friends to (yes) Niceboys....Will I leave if I see an underage boy. NO I don't consider myself at any risk unless the boy was sitting with me.

Here's the biggest joke of them all from Firecat:

But because A447 has nothing better to do then pick fights , he tries to misconstrue what I said just so he can argue.

Rush, Yet Again
December 24th, 2012, 12:30
Here's the biggest joke of them all from Firecat:

Hardly a joke and not funny at that since Firecat is spot on.

Your last post is nothing but a re-airing of FirecatтАЩs history of posts, or at least partial sentences of his taken out of context, to prove some point that exists only in your mind. Your post previous to that is all about what you did or did not say, or meant to say, or thought youтАЩd said, or denied having said. And the one before that, to use your own words, was тАЬtotally irrelevant to this threadтАЭ too. Which is nothing but arguing for the sake of arguing. What does any of the vast expanse of real estate youтАЩve used up here have to do with the subject of this thread?

Ceejay, on the other hand, makes a valid point (NealтАЩs quoting of past posts - that were at last applicable to the subject at hand - strived toward a similar conclusion). The owner of that bar is not greedy just because some do not like the prices he charges. That has been the history of Dreamboy ever since it moved onto the soi. And it has been one of the most popular bars throughout its history. Whether it is because of having to carry the financial weight of Boys, Boys, Boys, the increasing costs of running that bar, or nothing more than liking to see a healthy bank balance, when he raises his prices thereтАЩs a lot of bitching and moaning here while many times on a Saturday night youтАЩre lucky if they can find room to squeeze you in at Dreamboy.

Yes, you can pay half the cost and see half the show in Pattaya. You can have a hell of a lot of more elbow space at one of the other bars on Soi Twilight for less. But the cost alone is not everyoneтАЩs sole concern. And he is obviously doing something right - high prices and all - or his wouldnтАЩt be one if not the oldest bar on the soi. ThatтАЩs the mark of a good businessman, not the result of someone motivated by greed.

a447
December 24th, 2012, 13:29
Firecat is spot on

What with? His inaccurate info and his contradictions??

Do you mean to say that you agree with his "facts" despite others on the thread besides myself telling him he'd got it wrong?? Have you recently been in Sunee - or in LOS for that matter?

a re-airing of FirecatтАЩs history of posts

Wrong. It isn't. It's a re-airing of his posts of just a few days ago. Hardly a "history!" All of those in just a few days. And you think he shouldn't be picked up on those, despite accusing others of getting things wrong??

or at least partial sentences of his taken out of context,

Ah, the old "taken out of context" excuse. Well, Rush, why don't you tell me HOW they are out of context? Let's just take one example. How about the way he condemns underage guys in bars, but admits he :

a) visits one with a friend
and
b) wouldn't leave if he saw an underage guy because he didn't see it as being risky staying in the bar.

I'm dying to see how you reconcile his two divergent positions. He has decided not to even try. But seeing as you think everything is out of context, please go ahead and explain the contradiction.

Your post previous to that is all about what you did or did not say, or meant to say, or thought youтАЩd said, or denied having said.

Wrong again. I am not arguing for arguments sake. My posts are all about you and firecat putting words into my mouth. That's all. You criticise me for saying things I never said but when I ask you to tell me where I said it in my post, you can't. All I am saying is, if that is the case, don't say it.
If you want to criticise me for what I have written, that's fine. But for Christs sake, USE THE QUOTE BUTTON and throw my OWN words back at me, rather than throw your words. If you quote me directly, then I can hardly say I didn't write it!

Let's just take one example. How about your accusing me of predicting the demise of Dreamboys. In case you forgot, here it is:

But claiming ........... that the bar will fail is just ridiculous.

That was in a post directed at me. I asked you in a previous post to quote me where I said that. (I, in fact, said the exact opposite!) You never did. So I am asking you now. Again.

And using the quote function, now you can also tell me where I said the following about Dreamboys"

........that has suddenly, and rather miraculously, no longer having a show, your point is ?????

I think you'll find that you said it, not me. See? That's what I mean by putting words into my mouth.

Oh, and while we are at it, Rush, you still haven't cleared up:

misconstruing a $9 figure on the increase in bar fine as being the price of a beer at a bar

Why not man up and just admit that you misread it and that the $9 did, in fact, refer to the price of a beer. Hardly an unforgivable sin.

Rush, Yet Again
December 24th, 2012, 14:39
Let me prove your point

Well no actually the part of FirecatтАЩs post that I said was spot on was the exact line of his that I quoted. Which, as big on quoting as you seem to be, you conveniently left out. That, by the way, would be an example of someone quoting anotherтАЩs post out of context.

What else?

LetтАЩs see, a debate on the meaning of the word history; an objection to my note about taking a line out of context - which we can dispense with since you did so again with the opening of your latest post; more about what you did say, didnтАЩt say, meant to say, or wished youтАЩd said; actually a whole lot about what you did say, didnтАЩt say, meant to say, or wished youтАЩd said; and on a totally new tangent: questioning when I was last in Sunee when this thread is about a bar in Bangkok.

What does any of that have to do with the prices charged at Dreamboy?

If you would like to disagree with me about anything I have said about that barтАЩs operation, feel free to. With or without quotes. If you just want to argue nonsense so that you can argue, IтАЩm not interested.

a447
December 24th, 2012, 19:12
Nice to see you were able to cover all those points I raised.
For a moment you had me worried. Thought you'd never be able to do it. :sign5:

December 25th, 2012, 12:10
That guy a747 sure likes being argumentative doesnt he first me then some other guy now latintopxyz is a747 some sort of amateur lawyer wannabee?

christianpfc
January 27th, 2013, 22:50
Other bars have raised the drink prices during the last few months:

Hotmale from 250 to 280 and X-Boys from 250 to 300 and DJ-station from 100 to 150!

January 27th, 2013, 23:17
Wow! them prices are high....one of the reasons people like Thailand is because its cheeper than back home ....but them prices are a lot more expensive than drinking in a city center bar in the uk

firecat69
January 28th, 2013, 12:11
Wow! them prices are high....one of the reasons people like Thailand is because its cheeper than back home ....but them prices are a lot more expensive than drinking in a city center bar in the uk

Really last time I was in London a coke at a little restaurant was the equivalent of 180 baht and I didn't see any boys that were available. That same coke in most restaurants in Thailand would be 50 baht or less so far cheapen then London. If you want half naked boys for you to look at then you have to expect to pay more in the Big City.

I know it doesn't compare favorably with Pattaya but Big Cities tend to be more expensive and London is one of the worst . 12 pounds for a shit Club Sandwich.

January 28th, 2013, 13:17
Sorry mate ..i should have said manchester.... i never pay London price where i live ha ha....some farlangs are minted...but some of us have to save up really hard every time we go to Thai, so are on a budjet...thats why i probally spend most of my time in Isaan ..its cheeper and more friendly

latintopxxx
January 28th, 2013, 23:40
...am currently in st louis in the US...last two nights at the "boxers 'n briefs"bar...always at least 6 boys dancing naked...yes naked on the bar and on a stage....you can fondle the dancers and the standard tip is one dollar....and when I mean fondle...u can touch then all over for about 5 min...still only a dollar....cover charge is usd10...beers usd6....if u want a private naked lap dance where more than dancing occurs its usd30......
BKK still cheaper for full on sex...but clearly the white mid west trailer trash are gonna give them a run for their money soon....dont u just love the financial crisis and the flood of unemployed trailer trash....

January 29th, 2013, 00:07
..... 12 pounds for a shit Club Sandwich.

That must have been one hell of a Fetish Restaurant you were in if THAT's the sort of food that was on the menu !!! :-)

loke
January 30th, 2013, 19:41
200 baht is a good price for a drink , in a go go bar .

300 is pushing it , normally I would buy 2 drinks for 400 , one for me and one for my guest.

latintopxxx
January 30th, 2013, 20:57
..sorry loke...still cheap...where else can you walk into a bar and have dozens of boys on a stage in skimpy underwear parading themselves up for sale...cattle market...slave auction...if you want cheap drinks there are host bars and others....