View Full Version : Tips for first time visitor to Sunee Plaza

jaydonny
December 21st, 2012, 03:51
Hi

so my last visit to Pattaya i stayed in and mostly hung around the BT area
my next visit iam going to give Ganymede a go...

and after reading that Sunee has sometimes in the past has a stigma attached...

i want to check it out for my self, so guys form your recent experiences any tips ?

cuteboy
December 21st, 2012, 11:35
There really should be no issues at all. More residents frequent Sunnee Plaza than Boystown in my opinion.
Just go there and choose any bar you like. In a go-go bar if the boys are too young, which is possible, leave the place. That will never happen in the Host Bars anyway.
And avoid the street kids. Sometimes a cluster of them, other times none at all.

December 21st, 2012, 15:33
Sunnee plaza is ok if you want to drink cheep and Boystown is ok if you want to watch show and pay more for the drinks

Lunchtime O'Booze
December 21st, 2012, 15:55
You get less sad old queens per mile in Sunee but basically same same BT with less Neon and muscles.

Manforallseasons
December 21st, 2012, 16:40
Sunee is the best place for the geriatric crowd on a budget to relax and drink, you might give the few remaining go go bars a pass as they are nothing to speak off.

December 21st, 2012, 17:21
Depends what ones looking for I guess ! People have talked about the demise of sunee for a long time but on my visit last night I can report the place seemed busy, with just about every bar having customers in them.

I went with no set plan around 10.30pm, had a relaxing drink in the beer bar next to Eros, bought one of the guys a drink and listened intently as he went through the basic rules of "if I wanted to be his BF what I would have to do" lol - this included all the basics of "of you lovb me must lovb my family" including the fact papa is looking for a new car and he is to send some money for that, and that's he's building them a house but it not finite yet so need money for that :-) have to say he had it all down to a tee except the part of would I be remotely interested in becoming his BF :/) which of course the answer would be no, but like all good double glazing or insurance salesmen he had his patter off so well he was in automatic pilot and I was merely a by standing observer - all very entertaining for the cost of a beer ( 75 baht I believe for those that care)

I then went into a go go very close to that bar where with minutes had three nice guys with me - on me on various stages of dress and undress and in case the owner may not like to promote that side of his business I'll say nothing more apart from lots of fun at every level, both in the main bar and out of site was had by all - along with a damn good laugh afterwards back in the bar where I stayed on and drank with the same guys for a while and sexy stuff we had a good time just joking about "normal" stuff - again for those that care beer was 145-150 baht I think.

I then left there and walked all of 15 feet to Rainbow bar at about 1am and sat and as the above had been my 2nd session on three hours was happy to sit and having a relaxing beer watching the world go by in a still busy Sunee, only to be joined by one of their cute waiters who against all my actual wishes and intentions somehow using his paranormal powers persuaded me to off him and take him home with me, which to be honest I could have seen far enough, but in the end was glad I did :-)

So as others have said, its no big drama, go there, sit and drink where you want, nip into a few go go where you want, underage leave and thing else if its to your liking stay - and my advice - spend a few quid !! Nothing worse than someone going in, buying one beer for themselves, nothing for the boys and no tips and then moaning they didn't have fun. Unlike BT in Sunee if you're up for a bit of a laugh/ fun / action it's there just buy a few of the boys drinks, let them know you understand tipping and you won't run out the door without leaving some and kick back and have fun.

Enjoy :-)

joe552
December 21st, 2012, 17:31
You've obviously gotten over your cold, NIrish Guy. Good to hear you're having fun :party

I think you've covered all the advice I'd give - I spent most time in Sunnee last year and had a lot of fun. The OP is bound to find a couple of places he likes, whatever his tastes.

December 21st, 2012, 17:40
Thanks joe, yes I'm back in fighting ( or should that be fuckung) form again! :-)

Actually so relieved about that as for the first few days I really thought that's it, I'm obviously done with Thailand - so relieved to find it was just a mixture of been knackered in work, the long trip and that killer cold, but all good now, trouble is I'm having to fuck at twice the pace now to keep my quota up it seems !!! :-( lol

a447
December 21st, 2012, 18:15
Nirishguy wrote:
People have talked about the demise of sunee for a long time but ..

Yeah, don't you just get sick of all the doom and gloom. Posters have been going on about Sunees's demise for years, but it's still there and, as I wrote before (and you have confirmed) there is tons of fun to be had there. Last trip I spent most of my time in Sunee. Why don't they all just give up on the topic and move onto something else. A bit like the Mayan prophesy, I'd say. It will never die because it caters to the tastes of so many people - those who are not fixated on the (mostly) sanitized bars in BT. The proliferation o0f beer bars offers an extra dimension to the place.

What you said about spending a bit of money in the Sunee bars is so true. You don't need a lot, but you can't have a good time if you are continually worried about how much you are spending. Sunee is all about having heaps of fun, not just going to a bar and choosing a guy for the night. Buy the boys a drink or two, and tip them if they sit with you (100 baht seems reasonable). Bottom line is, if you can't afford it, better stay away.

Glad you are better now and in fine fucking form! I'll be there next week, so in the meantime, if you find somewhere special in Sunee, please PM me!

jaydonny
December 21st, 2012, 19:23
...ha thanks guys and NIrish for the latest update, and tips for the bar etiquette.

TravellerDave
December 21st, 2012, 22:24
Jaydonny
Your going to stay at Ganymede in Jomtien ?. Good choice if you are going to spend your time there. But if you are going to be in Sunee in the evenings the problem will be getting back. The baht busses are rather unfrequent late at night, although you could take a motor bike taxi. Why not stay in or near Sunee, which would be very convenient for short time with boys.
I stayed at the Don Plaza hotel and most days I went to Dongtan beach when transport was no problem. That worked out rather well.

jaydonny
December 22nd, 2012, 03:28
Jaydonny
Your going to stay at Ganymede in Jomtien ?. Good choice if you are going to spend your time there. But if you are going to be in Sunee in the evenings the problem will be getting back. The baht busses are rather unfrequent late at night, although you could take a motor bike taxi. Why not stay in or near Sunee, which would be very convenient for short time with boys.
I stayed at the Don Plaza hotel and most days I went to Dongtan beach when transport was no problem. That worked out rather well.

Hi T Dave, yes Ganymede... i last stayd in BT and before that at Sansuk and got quite used to whizzing around on the back of someones moped.... ;)
I do like the beach, and the sound of the finished Ganymede and the sauna facilities.... but it is very hard to choose to kinda have a bit of everything hehe.but yes i will look at may be staying in Sunee thanks. jay.

sang09
December 23rd, 2012, 13:24
Good advice above and I could not agree more with NIrish comments re tipping and not being cheap with yourself or boys. I never cease to be amazed at how someone could travel half way around the planet, spend over 2,500 dollars and more between airfare and a hotel and then worry about the extra few bucks to have a good time. Such a small percentage of the total trip cost can make such a difference and put a smile on a lot of Thai faces if service people are tipped well.

Ganymede is a good choice if your a frequent beach person. I've stayed in BT, Sansuk, and in Jomptien at Posieden, The Venue and twice at Ganymede. Enjoyed them all. Last at Ganymede in early March as the large pool was being completed. They were opening the pool the day I left. Appeared to be very nicely done and its size is about 25 feet x 50 feet. Jomptien provides me easy access to the beach which is a daily routine and I never have trouble with transport into town. If I capture a boy from one of the BT go-go bars I enjoy the motorbike trip back as its a good way to get the evening going with boy on another bike behind me. And a couple hundred baht at the most for two bikes is well worth the excitement.

I enjoy the ambiance of Jomptien during the day although finding my type of boy in the host bars is more limited. Still some good ones around if your not up for the evening in BT or Sunee. In all fairness I have never stayed in Sunee but think the intensity during the day would wear me down before my trip ended. Never get tired of ocean and walking beach during the day.

TravellerDave
December 24th, 2012, 01:15
Sang09
That's a decent size swimming pool at Ganymede ! I'm into exercise swimming so it appeals to me. Maybe I will switch my allegiance from Sunee for accomodation. Sunee is rather dismal and deserted during the day with rather a trek to get a baht bus to Jomtien from Second Road. As you point out if you have no problem using motor bike taxis the journey back to Jomtien is simple and quick from both Sunee and BT. I love the latter part of the afternoon on Dongtan Beach especially if I have connected with one of the boys who circulate at that time.
Returning to this threads subject matter there is plenty to enjoy during the evenings in Sunee. Sitting in one of the open air bars perhaps chatting to other customers about all things Pattaya or casting your eye around for a "boyfriend du jour" .
I'm looking forward to my February trip !.

Krazy4thai
December 25th, 2012, 08:00
After reading the excellent advice offered by the more experienced than myself, I have to agree wholheartedly that being too tight with your cash can drastically negatively affect the Sunee experience. Last July 2011 I overdid the generosity factor and upon my return in December news rapidly spread amongst my fav bars that I was back. I toned down the lfow of cash to a more manageable level and still had a great time. Lets face it for most of us the attention from the boys is a major factor to enjoyment. I spend a lot of time at Rainbow bar, the drinks are very reasonably priced and as a result of spending a few baht on the boys I have a great time as the boys include me in their pranks and general carryings on. Also there's no pressure put on me to off , although I usually do :happy7: we all have our own way of finding fun, so spend a baht or two gents. Enrich your experience

TravellerDave
December 26th, 2012, 00:02
It's strangle how quickly you adjust to the relatively low prices in Thailand and how easy it is to become a Cheap Charlie, even when like me, you come with an ample supply of cash.
For example I am considering where to have breakfast and I see a place advertising the normal English one for 150 baht. I then think "hey I'm not paying that - I only paid 130 yesterday", forgetting that the difference is trivial and that back home I've paid 4 times the amount for the same fare. Then discussing with friends the better value of a hotel charging 1100 with one at 1200. And even doing some laundry in the hotel bathroom to save a couple of hundred.
Really if you are bothered about small sums like this you should not holiday in Thailand at all. No good when in bed with a boy to be agonising whether to give him 1500 or 1700.

yedo111
December 30th, 2012, 01:37
It's easy to spend money if you are here on a few weeks vacation .

But if you live in LOS ,like me , you want to know where to save money on drinks , breakfasts etc...

Its not about being a Cheap Charlie , its a budget thing. If you live on a pension or if you have a small income like myself.
If I can save 60 baht on beers choosing the right bar , I will do it.

Dani69
January 2nd, 2013, 22:33
Sunee is the best place for the geriatric crowd on a budget to relax and drink, you might give the few remaining go go bars a pass as they are nothing to speak off.

HAHA that why I always see you there then walking around like you own the place

Manforallseasons
January 3rd, 2013, 00:11

HAHA that why I always see you there then walking around like you own the place

Just doing a community service, you never know when C.P.R. might be needed. :party

Dani69
January 3rd, 2013, 00:33
:sign5: YES - keep up the good work. :sign5:

peeseua
January 3rd, 2013, 10:41
I'm in my early 50s, play tennis four days a week, go to the gym twice a week and swim at least that often, too, so I'm not sure if I quite qualify as being 'geriatric' but I enjoy Sunee much more than the less laidback venues precisely because it's not so frenetic. I find it much more civilised to be able to walk around enjoying the sights and sounds of the evening without having loud music assaulting my ears or groups of drunken louts offending my sensibilities (not that it doesn't happen at Sunee, I have been told, though I have never witnessed it myself).

On occasion, I do go the gaudy glitz'n'tawdry glam places but that is when I regard myself as a tourist. I'm a bit of a connoisseur sexually (can't say the same when it comes to food) and I like to be able to take my time picking my companions for the various parts of the evening without being hassled by mamasans to off someone they recommend, gogoboys who want 100 Baht for waving their ...uummm....appendages.... in my face or plonking their bare derrieres on my lap in public (so I'm also conservative and old-fashioned).

The fact that Sune is cheaper is a bonus, as far as I'm concerned. And since I've only recently started hanging out in Pattaya - a practice I fully intend to maintain - nor am I one of those people who insist that my companions look young enough to be my grandson, I have never actually seen any young men who look like they might be of questionable age at the bars I frequent.

So, for all those Sunee-haters out there, I can only say thank you for your comments and staying away. We're quite happy where we are and don't hope to see any of you soon.

a447
January 3rd, 2013, 12:20
Well said, peeseua! You are spot on with your comments and I couldn't agree more with your sentiments.

Sunee was packed last night, apart from the Corner bar. Not quite the NYE crowd, but still well and truely alive and kicking. And the bar I went to also had heaps of customers and we were all enjoying ourselves immensely.

BTW the boys from the now closed Goodboys are still lurking in the soi. I think they work at the CU bar. The twins were there last night hoping to snare someone.

gedykaie
January 3rd, 2013, 13:33
any guys reccomend where to stay in sunee plaza

Manforallseasons
January 3rd, 2013, 15:41
You may want to check out the Gay owned Eldorado guest house and restaurant in the heart of Sunee Plaza.

Welcome to our http://www.eldorado-pattaya.com - Guesthouse & Restaurant - Pattaya - Thailand

gedykaie
January 3rd, 2013, 18:46
okay guys so wheres the best to stay in sunee

gedykaie
January 3rd, 2013, 18:48
Thanks man

a447
January 3rd, 2013, 21:52
Try the Don Plaza if you don't mind being right in the middle of Sunee

TravellerDave
January 4th, 2013, 04:47
I can agree with A447 . The Don Plaza is probably the best hotel in the Sunee Area. I stayed there last year and had no complaints. The stairs from the bar/reception area are steep and there is no lift, so maybe this could be a problem for anyone with a mobility problem.

Dani69
January 4th, 2013, 05:24
I can agree with A447 . The Don Plaza is probably the best hotel in the Sunee Area. I stayed there last year and had no complaints. The stairs from the bar/reception area are steep and there is no lift, so maybe this could be a problem for anyone with a mobility problem.
:sign5: 90% of sunne patrons have this problem just ask man4allseasons aka manfucker 5555555555555555