View Full Version : Nudity and Naturism in Pattaya.

Steve22
December 19th, 2012, 18:17
I have been to many naturist locations in Europe, many gay-run or gay friendly. Thais are naturally conservative and opportunities for nude sunbathing in Thailand are limited. It's good to hang out naked with other guys, even if the interaction is purely social. Punya at Sansuk Sauna has told me that nudity is OK by the pool. I have stripped off but I was in a very small minority. Nudity may be a no-no while construction workers are on site. I was last at Sansuk last May and will return next May. There are two so-called naturist resorts in the next soi to Sansuk; Chan Resort and Chan Twin. However, my experience has been that when Thai guests are staying you can't swim or sunbathe nude and that can lead to disagreements.

Always enjoyed the Sansuk experience. Nice that Punya makes an effort to walk round and talk to customers. Never had any problems with the staff. I did stay one night just for a "look see" but it's a little expensive, I thought (though cheaper rooms are begin built, I understand) and location isn't that convenient. 180 baht for an afternoon's sun and pleasure is great value, though.

Steve UK.

TravellerDave
December 20th, 2012, 02:07
I'm a regular at the Samsuk Sauna and I went there 3 Times during my November trip. I enjoy sunbathing and swimming naked as I have done when on holiday in Playa des Ingles, Gran Canaria.
Doing this on the Dongtan Beach is a no-no and is against Thai culture, although you do see boys in very skimpy swimshorts.
During my three visits To Samsuk in November I didn't see nudity round the pool, the area of which was rather restricted due to the building work.. However during my visits in July several guys used to congregate round the whirlpool and sunbathe naked. I joined them and enjoyed the whirlpool and on one occasion swam naked. There was no reaction from either Punya or the staff. There are notices to the effect that guests wanting to enter the pool should bring a swim suit, so the policy seems to be unclear. I did take a boy there once in July and I could see he was uncomfortable about the nudity so I moved to different location with him.

December 20th, 2012, 04:53
I have been to many naturist locations in Europe, many gay-run or gay friendly. Thais are naturally conservative and opportunities for nude sunbathing in Thailand are limited. It's good to hang out naked with other guys, even if the interaction is purely social. Trust me theres nothing I would enjoy less than seeing guys of retirement age walking around without any clothes on just because they think its natural its bad enough here with unfit guys in there twenties let alone older in shorts and tee shirts with beer guts hanging out.

GWMinUS
December 20th, 2012, 05:26
I know this is a bit off topic but...

If Brisbane Guy is put off by naked older men then he had better not go to Castro Street in San Francisco.
My partner and I were there several months ago.
Went into a coffee shop to buy cup. And I hear the owner say to someone behind me in line;
"You must put on clothes to come in here."
I turned around and there was a 60-something man, butt naked!!!
Outside was his partner, also naked. And WELL HUNG!!!

So now I read that San Francisco wants to ban nudity in public, except at the Folsom Street Fair.
HOW PC!!!

Cheers,
A 70 yo who does not go au natural...

December 20th, 2012, 06:32
If Brisbane Guy is put off by naked older men then he had better not go to Castro Street in San Francisco.Nah mate no desire to go to America and get shot.