PDA

View Full Version : Pruning Membership

Neal
December 19th, 2012, 10:20
In an effort to continue pruning the membership list some people may get annoyed and think I do not care, but I do. I care a lot. Many of us are older, weak, have cronic problems that will unfortunatly take our lives within the next few years. Some regretably have already gone to hopefully is a better place. Many have gone here and we know of them and many have gone while abroad may home and we don't know.

Before I took over, jinxs started labelling a few as RIP but that list is just a few he knew about and is by far inacuarate. Many people have requested that we get our house in order and one of those items is getting people off our membership roles who stopped posting years ago for one reason or another. my first problem is that if I keep the deceased people on my active membership list, that list will grow and grow and add people who will never post again to our roster along with those who stopped posting two or more years ago. So fa I have pruned off people who have either not posted in 2 yeas or have posted 3 or less posts in that same time. Some of those included people who have left us. All the posts have been saved and are still there but now they are inactve.

I am faced with a dilema and that is that there are many who have stopped posting within 2 years and we don't really know why. We are going to send out a tickler email to every active member asking that they log on so that they will not be pruned. Sure jinxs knew how to do this correctly but I don't so I am just trying.
When you get the tickler email, if you have logged on within the last two years, well disregard the email. It is meant to see how many of the oldies are still around and remind them about Sawatdee.

We regret that pruning the list will include those who have left us but really, we cannot keep track of them all over the world and how long do we list them as active? Our membership then boasts membership lists that is not accurate. Some of these people may be your freinds and I am sorry. jinxs if you think you know a better way, please email me within the next several days befor we start analyzing the emails that bounce. If you changed your email but are still with us, please go to the profile area and update your email address asap.

Thank you

PS As many of you know I "took over" the name DaBoss and did not choose it myself. I find it too "fist-like" and would like to change it to a more humorous one to go along with the avatar that jinxs made for me. Please send me your suggestions.

December 19th, 2012, 10:48
Makes Sense to Moi :)

December 19th, 2012, 10:51
:naka: Here is a good one for your replacment.. looks just like you.. hunky beast you are :newb:

Khor tose
December 19th, 2012, 12:49
I
PS As many of you know I "took over" the name DaBoss and did not choose it myself. I find it too "fist-like" and would like to change it to a more humorous one to go along with the avatar that jinxs made for me. Please send me your suggestions.

How about using the name "Neal". Sound like a good name to me.

Neal
December 19th, 2012, 15:51
Thank you Khor Tose. believe it or not that had crossed my mind but I wanted to hear all the suggestions from other members first. I also thank you to Duane but the only thing is as I mentioned, I wanted to keep my avatar that jinksie made for me and just chaange the name.

paulg
December 19th, 2012, 16:45
I have seen you with some funny T shirts. Any of them would be fine.

Neal
December 19th, 2012, 17:18
I guess I should tell you the story behind those T shirts.
About 12 years ago when I started coming to Thailand as I am sure you could imagine, many Thai's called me Poompoey. Well one day I was sitting at the Ambiance and a friend of mine came sat down with me. He had a T shirt on that said "falang". Well of course he was a falang but the Thai boys looked at it and laughed. That started me looking for plain T shirts and writing my comments. ATM, ATM closed, poompoey, fat man, get away (rude), ladyboy, old ladyboy, looking for "special" friend and allsorts.
As a matter of record one day I got off a baht bus and a policeman called me over. I asked "who me?" as I was stunned and had not done anything. He asked me if I spoke Thai. I responded, "No". He asked if I could read Thai and I responded again with no. He pointed to my T shirt and asked if I knw what that meant? Well not passing a joke a propped my hands and wrists in a gay way on my hips and said SURE! The shirt said ladyboy and he just thought a boy had given it to me and that I did not know what it said. Well he just shook his head in a ...I can't beieve this and waved me away. Well I love to make them laugh When I go to the Shangri-la in Bangkok, I wear my shirts and the entire staff knows m and giggles and the falang haven't a clue as why they are having such a laugh.

Marsilius
December 19th, 2012, 17:35
"Neanderthal" goes with the pic - and its first three letters plus the final one spell out "Neal"...

December 20th, 2012, 11:41
Recently i read and article about PSK.. Pattaya Street Kids... has anyone had dealing with this organisation? I want to get involved but want to make sure its all above board as i hope..

Thank you Khor Tose. believe it or not that had crossed my mind but I wanted to hear all the suggestions from other members first. I also thank you to Duane but the only thing is as I mentioned, I wanted to keep my avatar that jinksie made for me and just chaange the name.