PDA

View Full Version : Tim Durell Partner in Funny Boys Dies in Tragic Fall

zinzone
December 8th, 2012, 18:08
http://www.pattaya103.com/timothy-durel ... cony-fall/ (http://www.pattaya103.com/timothy-durell-pattaya-die-balcony-fall/)

-It is believed he was the owner of Funny Boys and Panorama. The incident occured at Center Condo, South Pattaya Road.

Neal
December 8th, 2012, 23:44
I just read this and am devastated. I am so sorry for Mr. Lude, family and freinds, may peace go with him.

markie1
December 9th, 2012, 00:07
So sad to read this ,rest in piece poor guy , some are reporting suicide other reports saying something different ,terrable news especialy when you see the guy on a regular bacis.

frequentflier
December 9th, 2012, 01:43
He was one of my closest friends.I will miss Tim very much.God Bless him.

December 9th, 2012, 06:20
There is little that shocks me - this has.

Neal
December 9th, 2012, 07:08
I arrived as I mentioned in Siem Reap very late last night and set up the computer and read this and made a quick post. I was shocked beyond words.
Tim and I were competitors, sure. We did not agree on some things and after Happy Place, rarley spoke unless a freind might be sitting near him that I needed to speak toand then it was only hello.
I believe it was the whole different soi scinerio but we fell apart.

Waking up this morning the first thing that I thought of was Tim and went back to make sure I had not dreamed it. I want everyone to know that no matter if I do not speak to you or hear you, please, if there is something we can talk about, please, we can talk together if you want. I am here by phone, email or PM. I feel just horrible for Tim. I considered him a man whose strength was beyond words, but maybe it wasn't. Maybe he might have just been human with a stong face like many of us. And although I am sure whatever the problem may have been, I surely would have been there for him at a moment's notice if he asked. When the dust settles, I really hope in some strange way that it was some terrible accident and not Tim's intention at all.

francois
December 9th, 2012, 10:06
Bravo, Da Boss.

stevehadders
December 9th, 2012, 15:00
I am completely lost for words...really didn't expect this. RIP

zinzone
December 9th, 2012, 17:03
More:

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2012 ... gf-splits/ (http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2012/12/09/brit-leaps-to-his-death-after-thai-gf-splits/)

PeterUK
December 9th, 2012, 17:45
That last link talks about a girlfriend. I thought he was gay. Sad story.

December 9th, 2012, 18:14
I had assumed the same, PeterUK :dontknow:

Tragically, it shows that what you see on the surface sometimes bears little relation to what's underneath.

Geezer
December 9th, 2012, 18:28
Tragically, it shows that what you see on the surface sometimes bears little relation to what's underneath.

Given what we know of the accuracy of news reports and how well we know Tim, one shouldn't give too much credence to the report.

Neal
December 9th, 2012, 19:44
Whether it was his girlfreind who turns out to be a ladyboy or a real girlfreind or it's all a mistake and I now realize that he has never introduced me to anyone. I have never seen him with anyone, he has never spoken about anyone and therefore anything I know or don't know is assumed.

With that in mind it really does not change anything about "the gentleman I knew as Tim Durell" and I don't care what his personal life was. We are talking about the man, Mr. Tim. His personal life is not a conceern that should be disussed.

December 9th, 2012, 20:09

Given what we know of the accuracy of news reports and how well we know Tim, one shouldn't give too much credence to the report.

My comment was intended to go beyond referring to the immediate circumstances - what I mean is you can never tell what's going on in someone's head.

December 10th, 2012, 01:53
His personal life is not a conceern that should be disussed.If that is true why do people write biographies of dead people???

Neal
December 10th, 2012, 04:56
If you would like to write a biography about Tim and it were facts, I am sure it would honor Mr. Tim. If you would like to discuss it on an open forum like it is being done on another forum, I invite anyone who would like to participate and sift through all the maybes and guesses to get their thrills to feel free to discuss it on that website. It will not be on this forum.

francois
December 10th, 2012, 06:57
If that is true why do people write biographies of dead people???

Because dead people can't write autobiographies?

December 10th, 2012, 08:17
If you would like to write a biography about Tim and it were facts, I am sure it would honor Mr. Tim. If you would like to discuss it on an open forum like it is being done on another forum, I invite anyone who would like to participate and sift through all the maybes and guesses to get their thrills to feel free to discuss it on that website. It will not be forum here.I wasnt offering just making the observation that "dont speak ill of the dead" is so much cant and hypocrisy we do it all the time and biographies have it as part of there stock in trade.

Neal
December 10th, 2012, 08:26
Yes, true but without going into it this is kind of a memorial thread for Tim. Maybe I am being overly sensitive and cautious with this particular thread. If you go to gaybutton.com I see people asking about his financial business, medications he could have been taking or rather medications depressed people are on, they are talking about the girlfreind or boyfreind the this and that and I am disgusted. The man just died, he has freinds and people like me that are sad for him. I am not allowing the man to be dissected on this board. Please, show the man some respect here on this board. If someone wants to dissect him, please hop over to GB.

frequentflier
December 10th, 2012, 08:42
If you would like to write a biography about Tim and it were facts, I am sure it would honor Mr. Tim. If you would like to discuss it on an open forum like it is being done on another forum, I invite anyone who would like to participate and sift through all the maybes and guesses to get their thrills to feel free to discuss it on that website. It will not be here on this forum.
Totally agree..Enough has been said,let the good man rest in peace..

Neal
December 10th, 2012, 08:50
I will leave this thread open for messages to Mr Tim and the people who loved him, the people who admired him and thos e who want to honour him.

Neal
December 10th, 2012, 19:38
I would like to pass on this open letter from Mr. Lud who is Mr Tim's longtime partner freind:

Dear All

I like to issue an official note of clarification to end any speculations:

Panorama Pub and Funny Boys are not and will not be for sale.

They will continue under the same management.

You can inform interested parties

Regards

********* omitted at the persons request

I also replied to him and asked him if he would like to make a comment in reference to the newspapers saying "girlfreind".
He replied that there was no girlfreind and never was.

ozcamo-old
December 13th, 2012, 15:09
I have not posted on this forum for a long time but reading this news truly is sad.

I have been saying for some time now that Thailand is a tough place to live. You need to be a real tough kind of person to live here but the key and real secret is your friends.

You need to have a good network of local friends to make it bearable when things go wrong. I personally understand how tough things can get and suggest that my door is always open if any expat ever needs to chat.

On that note thanks to the many expats here in Thailand that have taken the time to talk to me and assist me adjust to living in this amazing country. Websites like this are a good starting point but we all still need somebody to talk to.

Neal
December 16th, 2012, 06:27
I have been advised that Tim Durell's funeral will be held Wednesday, December 19, 1:00pm, at Wat Chai.

Neal
December 17th, 2012, 09:06
For many years Tim and Lude have been the owners of Panorama and Funny Boys bringing a wonderful bar and ideals to Boyztown and Pattaya. His assistance in fund raising and helping others was just unbelievable. No matter what is said, the man was a gift, a genious and a wonderful human being.
I hope to see many of you Wednesday to pay your respects.

December 17th, 2012, 11:29
I just read this and am devastated. I am so sorry for Mr. Lude, family and freinds, may peace go with him.
Does anyone know what will/has happened to panorama Bar and Funnyboys? I hope they dont close ..... HAve my question answered.. Thnk goodness they are being kept open.. These two venues are me fav's.. particularly Funnyboy..for personal reasons..

Neal
December 17th, 2012, 12:11
Yes, as stated a few posts back, partner owner Mr Lude stated that Funny Boys and Panorama will stay open and continue under the same management team and the bars are not for sale.

I had the pleasure of going over to the Ambiance today for my favorite toasted bagel with cream cheese, chive and smoked salmon. Delicious!! Add a little onion and tomato and yum yum. Anyway back to the subject at hand. I was informed that over the last week Michael and Marcus's phone have not stopped ringing about whether the bars are for sale, are they (Marcus and Michael) going to buy them, how much etc. I don't even want to relate what LMTU has been telling all over the internet whether true or not. That's ok, one day it will be him and now I see exactly why jinks banned this despicable man fom this board. But anyway, let's all show a little respect.
Thanks

jinks
December 18th, 2012, 01:14
now I see exactly why jinks banned this despicable man fom this board.

Nice to know I did something right.