PDA

View Full Version : Why Are Straight People In Gay Businesses?

Neal
December 7th, 2012, 16:52
Some people may say that I am writing this for alterior motives and maybe I am but I don't really think so. I have removed all the intimate details and am going to leave it pretty bland. Just fill in the blanks, ok?

Am I the only one who is blind to the motives of straight people getting into gay businesses? So I do business with straight owned companies and I don't really pay attention unless they are obviously homophobic and say something I catch or what someone passes on to me. I think sometimes we do business with people for long periods of time and then something happens which causes us to part ways and then suddenly we get that nasty realization that we have been fooled, tricked and only appreciated for our business, our money.

Homophbic stories start to surface all over and comments made to other people get back to us. We suddenly realize that these people are NOT part of our "gay family" and we start realizing that all that goes with that.

Sure they may put out a gay flag to pretend to welcome others and the scinerio starts all over, sitting there, smiling and pretending to be open-minded and welcoming, but it's a game, a con. All because some straights bought, aquired a gay business and here is where they make their money.

Why do we do this? Am I that nieve that I am one of the only people that falls for it. Do others get tricked and I am not the only one?
Let's keep the ill feelings that some of you may have for me out of this as I am asking a genuine question here. Straight people put out gay flags, smile to our face and at least I immeadiately believe that they are really gay welcoming and they are not. Its a business, just like going to the bar and getting a boy and thinking, for the most part, that they are genuinely in love with a fat old smelly man that may be 3 times their age. Well maybe they are and maybe they are not, but I really am annoyed when I realize that once again I am tricked and conned that straight business owner(s) might be interested in me and not for the money I put in their pocket, the things I do for them and the money maybe I loan them. Stay where you are Mr J or Mr R but know in your heart it's all a con. They don't like us and never did.

What I want to know is that does this happen to you also? What do you do about it? Do you say something or do you just vote with your feet? Do you fall for it from a business person, who provides you with any type of service or a boy that comes over to your house? Tell us all about it. :sharm:

December 7th, 2012, 18:24
WHAT - and this is NEWS to you Neal - i mean YOU of ALL people !!!!! I'm genuinely surprised that you're surprised ! :-)

Dont you know that no matter what they may "say" that most people ( and a lot of Thai's especially too I'm guessing ) generally don't like / understand us lovely gay people and at best we're tolerated and of course that tolerance runs for longer when you're spending money - until it runs out.

However that doesn't just apply to straight people as a lot of gay businesses / business owners I know ALSO rip off their gay customers ( as has been discussed on the board many times) and are simply seen to be overly gay to bring in the pink pound but would happily ban all gays and fill the place with straights if they could as that's where the money seems to be now - which has again been discussed on the board and you have disagreed with that and I think you're wrong re that too I'm afraid.

But gay or str8, people generally tend to be shits anyway and look out for themselves and ABSOLUTELY Thai people will of course do the same and do whatever is necessary to relieve us lovely gays of this disposable income that they hear so much about us having - and if that means them putting up a rainbow flag or two to help them do that and smiling nicely at the "perverts" then so be it - again I know plenty of gay bars who do EXACTLY the same and play on the gay card to increase their business but couldn't give a shit if another gay person never darkens their door again - and again I'm just more surprised that this is news to you ! I mean seriously where have you been living this last 12 years - on the moon or somewhere ?

I definitely will have to get some of those rose tinted happy pills you must be on :-)

Well here, if you're THAT gullible......I've got a lovely big bag of magic beans here if you'd be interested, then only cost 35000 baht a bean and will grow you a money tree - guaranteed !! - and hey I'm gay so that MUST all be true right ! lol

Halfhansum
December 7th, 2012, 19:24
Hey Nirish ... Are these fast growing beans ?

December 7th, 2012, 19:31
oh they are to be sure to be sure - and at the top of the money tree when it grows there'll be a beautiful Irish man or maiden (as you prefer) waiting for you to climb up the tree so they can give you a crock of gold......oh did I mention the crock of gold, oh yeah theres a crock and EVERYTHING.....oh and a couple of branches up from that is a gypsy who can predict the future and every Wednesday will give you next weeks winning lottery numbers !

So, how many packets would you like ? But you'll have to order fast as being Christmas and all I've a STRING of Americans on with me all wanting to order their special magic beans, so just send me your cheque made out to Cash Advance Special Horticulture ( or CASH for short) and leave the amount blank and I'll look after all of that for you - but don't worry you can trust me as I'm gay of course so couldn't POSSIBLY rip a fellow gay off or anything !

Now, was that one packet or two you'll be having ???

Daniel-old
December 8th, 2012, 01:08
Working in the hospitality industry means having a public and a private face. However much you despise the customer, if he or she is behaving themselves and putting money in your pocket, you make them feel special, welcome and wanted.

With regard to the folk in Neal's story, their only mistake is letting the public get a glimpse of their private face.

I guess, if it annoys you to continue putting money in their pocket, then the answer is don't. There are plenty more that will be glad to take it.

Personally, I find the idea of fawning heterosexuals licking my arse for money to be rather erotic, especially if they don't like me.

jolyjacktar
December 8th, 2012, 01:48
To be honest with you i just take people how they take me. I tend to spend a lot of time in Str8 bars when im in Pattaya as i find the costs are nearly always cheaper and i get on well with the girls in the beer bars. So ive turned it round a bit by being a gay deliberatly drinking in str8 bars and i tell the girls im gay and they dont give a toss as long as im being happy and having a good time. Many gay bars ive seen str8 customers in and the owners dont tell them to leave. Just go with the flow.
I like to go where i like and i dont allow anyone to tell me otherwise

:party

December 8th, 2012, 02:45
Turn it around why do gay people go into straight businesses one of my good gay friends teaches girl strippers how to move while taking their clothes off organizes dance rootines etc etc the answer is obvious MONEY its what makes the world go round

joe552
December 8th, 2012, 02:49
I do my daytime drinking at the straight Pattaya Beer Garden and have a great time with the female staff. Evenings are spent at gay venues since boys are on the menu. As a customer I don't care who owns the bar - gay or straight - but as long as I feel comfortable and have a good time, that's all I expect.

latintopxxx
December 8th, 2012, 09:25
Neal...Its all about the money...do you really think those straight boys on the stage really want to grab their ankles for you??....or have me sit on their faces while I laught...maybe Neal feels betrayed because of the whole beach section issue where he thought he had found a friend in the people who ran the beach section...instead they were fucking their staff out of wages and pretending to like their gay customers...thats why I keep my dealings with the boys very business like...no pretense that I like or heaven forbid have feelings for them...its all about the body..the pleasure..and in exchange they get my cash...very simple..
But Neal...in a way I envy your never ending trust in people...that you somehow seem to see a glass as half full...instead of 1/2 empty....if their is life after death you will certainly get there a lot faster than me...