PDA

View Full Version : message on mobie phone

ikarus
December 3rd, 2012, 18:43
I am calling on mobile number in Thailand and I get the message: Sorry there is no acknowledgement the number you call. Please, try again later. Does it mean that the number is no longer active? Thanks.

December 3rd, 2012, 23:08
This is a guess - but if it rings before you get the message then the number is probably still in service and if it doesn't ring then it seems logical that the number is discontinued.

francois
December 4th, 2012, 04:45
I just called Thailand from my home country and received a similar message. I often get messages similar to that so I try again the next day, etc and finally connect.

jimnbkk
December 4th, 2012, 06:21
While we're on the topic of messages on mobile phones, I get one that says "you have active diverts" when I dial a number. What does that mean?

francois
December 5th, 2012, 21:26
ikarus; as mentioned before I received the same message you were getting. Finally heard from the bf and his mobile phone was kaput/damaged which resulted in that message. It took several days or more to be repaired thus I was out of contact and concerned.

ainamor
December 6th, 2012, 02:13
While we're on the topic of messages on mobile phones, I get one that says "you have active diverts" when I dial a number. What does that mean?

It simply means that when you are making a call any incoming calls are being diverted to you voicemail.

ikarus
December 6th, 2012, 07:02
ikarus; as mentioned before I received the same message you were getting. Finally heard from the bf and his mobile phone was kaput/damaged which resulted in that message. It took several days or more to be repaired thus I was out of contact and concerned.
Well, it makes sense. I suspect the telephone I am calling to is kaput too. Whether I will hear again is a different story.

O'K the story had a Happy end. Let me mention here what was done in this particular case. The owner of the phone was robbed at gun point and his mobile phone (along with money) were taken. All phone numbers were lost and there were no records.
However, the boy went to DTAC call center and got his phone number restored with a new SIM card. He, by the way, has now two SIM cards and two phone numbers but only one phone. What can I say? Smart boy!
p.s. I suspect that he could ask for records of his phone calls from DTAC to restore some of the lost numbers. But he did not.
In the past (it is not the first time he is losing the phone with all numbers) I recovered for him the phone number of his father
which I keep just in case.

ultimo
December 11th, 2012, 15:34
O'K the story had a Happy end. Let me mention here what was done in this particular case. The owner of the phone was robbed at gun point and his mobile phone (along with money) were taken. All phone numbers were lost and there were no records.
However, the boy went to DTAC call center and got his phone number restored with a new SIM card. He, by the way, has now two SIM cards and two phone numbers but only one phone. What can I say? Smart boy!
p.s. I suspect that he could ask for records of his phone calls from DTAC to restore some of the lost numbers. But he did not.
In the past (it is not the first time he is losing the phone with all numbers) I recovered for him the phone number of his father
which I keep just in case.

Call me cynical but I had to laugh at this whole story. ( I incidentaly have a Thai boyfriend of 14 years with many stories to tell ).

Who was the owner of the phone? The pawn shop proprietor :sign5:
Not sure what length of time you were ringing him for, but from the incidence of the 'robbery' to the replacement of the card, would have been about two hours if it occured in the daytime, by going to DTAC in Carrefour.
If the problem was in the evening/nighttime an overnight wait to pick the sim card up at the DTAC shop.
All this is presuming he had the brains to call the provider immediately, (via a friends mobile that was not involvoled in the 'robbery' ) after the incident happening to cancel the card and inform them he would collect a replacement from DTAC.
But then of course 'he' had to buy a new phone one presumes. Maybe he will expect that cost from you when he next sees you :evil4:

Of course he might be fibbing and it really dropped down the toilet as he was having a pee.

December 11th, 2012, 17:51
Of course he might be fibbing and it really dropped down the toilet as he was having a pee.a friend's boyfriend sometimes "looses" his mobile phone but he is pawning it to finance his gambling habit these boys are no fools when it comes to parting a farng and his money.

December 11th, 2012, 18:09
Of course it is also possible that the boy is telling the truth.

I just feel it's worth raising that possibility in the midst of all the free doses of cynicism being prescribed

francois
December 11th, 2012, 20:55
As mentioned previously I had the same problem as ikarus and the bf did get his phone repaired and called me last week; this week the problem reoccurred. In his case he has some sort of knock off of an expensive phone which is unreliable. Oh, the bf does not gamble, drink, smoke, use drugs and never ever cheats or lies. :angel11:

ikarus
December 11th, 2012, 23:25
That may be your experience with your boyfriend who keeps lying you for 14 years. The boy is honest and I have no doubt in the every aspect of the story. He has nothing to gain from it. I do not pay for telephone replacement or whatever.
And, yes, you are very cynical.
I am surprised by the amount of idiots posting here. Not only they try to put down everybody who is making an honest post but, in fact, display total misunderstanding of the country and amazing degree of personal stupidity.
I would advice people to see through it if you really try to learn something by reading posts on message boards.

December 12th, 2012, 01:51
I am surprised by the amount of idiots posting here. Not only they try to put down everybody who is making an honest post but, in fact, display total misunderstanding of the country and amazing degree of personal stupidityCan you tell us the name of the manufacturer of your rose-tinted spectacles?

ultimo
December 12th, 2012, 10:34
Sorry Ikarus for you believing my partner has lied to me for 14 years. He actually tells me the stories of what other guys do.( He has independant means, many baht in his bank account,( he works at a good job) so has no need to go to the extremes some Thai boys have to.

I agree that gambling may be a problem, then so are drugs,living beyond there means and in many cases are just waiting for the useful Frang to come along.

Idiots posting here?. Well only you are the judge of that in your own eyes. Please, maybe take off the rose coloured glasses when you are reading the replies.